OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

Legaltitan

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Better I think, the fewer people. He does really well in one on one debates especially if you look at his history. 

Obviously Biden is not going to out-articulate Mayor Pete, and he's not going to out-angry Harris or Warren or Bernie. 

But he offers something different that plenty of voters are looking for. 

But in terms of your questions, I guess we will find out. It's an open question. 

Based on what I've seen thus far, there is nothing that persuades me that Biden can go head to head with Harris and Warren in repeated debate after debate. Maybe that changes, but I don't think so.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You would think he could express all of his shitty thoughts and responses in a more concise manner.

They also didn't have 3.5 years worth of the train wreck known as the Trump presidency staring them in the face in 2016.

Posted Images

Clinton had the african american vote over OBama at the start of the 2008 election cycle as well. That all changed when Obama won Iowa and proved he had staying power. I would be careful assuming that voting bloc will stay be Biden's side over anyone other than mayor pete.

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Clinton had the african american vote over OBama at the start of the 2008 election cycle as well. That all changed when Obama won Iowa and proved he had staying power. I would be careful assuming that voting bloc will stay be Biden's side over anyone other than mayor pete.

Not really assuming that at all or saying that it's a given, but I do think that older black voters will stick with him, I think that's a safe assumption. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Not really assuming that at all or saying that it's a given, but I do think that older black voters will stick with him, I think that's a safe assumption. 

You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Just now, ctm said:

You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Nah, it was a nuanced statement, maybe I wasn’t concise enough.

I’m saying that I’m not assuming all black voters will stay with him or saying its a given that the entire voting bloc will stay with him. I do think that older black voters will stay with him. Meaning, younger and middle aged black voters could very well move to other candidates. 

54 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Agreed. 

"Things may change by November 2020, but in the summer of 2019, polls show an American electorate that is more content with its own personal situation than at any time since the second Clinton administration. President Trump has not (yet) been able to capitalize on that satisfaction, because so many voters are repelled by him personally. But there is little appetite in this country for big radical reforms such as stripping people of their existing private-sector health insurance. There will be even less appetite when the next administration tries to finance that reform by raising taxes, as the candidates last night acknowledged they will have to do.

Democrats won on Obamacare. They beat back almost a decade of Republican efforts to repeal it. But they won’t accept success as an answer, and so they won’t allow their party the moral and political rewards of success. They are competing for the support of the angry voters they read on Twitter—overlooking the many millions of people uniquely available to the non-incumbent party in what should be a pro-incumbent cycle."

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Dems aren’t trying to take insurance from 150 million people, that’s a bullshit Republican talking point 

No it isn't. 

They were explicitly asked if they'd do away with private insurance and they said yes. I, along with many other people, will not stand for my employer insurance plan being done away with, and will absolutely not cast a vote to do so. 

@OILERMAN

Had another Demcorat tell me this morning that they'd vote for Trump before they'd vote for someone who would change their private healthcare plan. 

This is a losing political position and they know it, that's why Harris quickly corrected course yet again after having to do the same in an interview after she announced. 

Edited by tgo