That time Corey Davis ate Stephon Gilmores lunch

kyle021

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The KOO KOO clock went off early. Talking to yourself in the middle of the night again huh Touched?

Yeah I think   Corey had a good year   even though he had a shitty QB.   Hopefully Mariota gets his shit together.   So we can trade him. 

As a long time Titans fan, I've learned you better jackoff when you have the opportunity. Try it sometime. You might like it.

Here's a 2018 highlight vid of some plays, including some from the Patriots game. 

Davis really is special. It sucks that Delanie was lost for the whole year, but I'm excited to see what a 3rd year Davis looks like with DW back. Everybody on the receiving depth chart should reap the benefits.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:57 AM, 52O said:

Watching him run routes is a thing of beauty.  It's like he gains speed when he breaks.  Very difficult to cover that type of movement and size.  He'd be the best receiver in the league with a good QB, IMO.

I'd like to see a Taylor highlight film where they show a close up slow mo of every play .  I think people would be much higher on him if they saw how hard he was to cover.

Edited by abc2330

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Here's a 2018 highlight vid of some plays, including some from the Patriots game. 

Davis really is special. It sucks that Delanie was lost for the whole year, but I'm excited to see what a 3rd year Davis looks like with DW back. Everybody on the receiving depth chart should reap the benefits.

And a capable wr next to him. People forget how much we needed Matthews last season

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

We need Taylor and/or Sharpe to grow into that role.

We’d like them to but JRob can’t keep hoping that happens. There needs to be known quantities. 

I think he screwed himself a bit a bit with the way he handled oline last year and knows he needs to avoid that again. 

People last season said we needed a high pick or vet WR - before Matthews quit. So down two wrs from what many expected as necessary by the end of the year. Not sure sharpe and TT can make that gap up alone. 

4 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Nobody really took over the slot role last season.  Taylor might be OK on the outside with Walker, a good slot guy and Davis out there.  At least they have to respect Taylor's speed.  But yea, if Davis is catching passes form Drew Brees he is putting up some ridiculous numbers.  But it will really help Davis to have quality weapons around him so he isn't the only guy they worry about. 

Taylor did a good job of taking targets while teams were focused on Davis at the end of the year.  He averaged over 60 yards per game during a 4 game stint before Gabbert stunk up the field against Indy.

I also like Sharpe more than most.  He's got good length, route running acumen, and he takes too much flak for his athleticism-it's fine.  He doesn't separate much vs. Man Coverage, but neither do many other WRs.  I could see him having a good year IF he and Mariota stay healthy.  It seems like he went down immediately after his breakout game.

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Taylor did a good job of taking targets while teams were focused on Davis at the end of the year.  He averaged over 60 yards per game during a 4 game stint before Gabbert stunk up the field against Indy.

I also like Sharpe more than most.  He's got good length, route running acumen, and he takes too much flak for his athleticism-it's fine.  He doesn't separate much vs. Man Coverage, but neither do many other WRs.  I could see him having a good year IF he and Mariota stay healthy.  It seems like he went down immediately after his breakout game.

I think Sharpe has hit his peak. He can’t separate well at the line. He is a good route runner and has good hands. 

19 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I think Sharpe has hit his peak. He can’t separate well at the line. He is a good route runner and has good hands. 

And he finds the sticks better than most.  His percentage of first down catches is great.

But he and Taylor both suffer from lack of physicality in their route running, getting bumped off their routes or their timing disrupted by physical DBs.