Howard Schultz (Starbucks)to help President Trump win reelection 

9 Nines

2 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

If Schulz really wanted to be President, he would run for a major party nomination not as an independent. He cannot be naive enough to think a third party candidate could win, so it is clear that his motivation is not to be President.  That scenario leaves self glorification/promotion or to keep the status quo as his motives - or is there another?

1. If he picks one party over another then people who support the other party might boycott Starbucks

2. No insanely expensive primary fight

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Run if you got 'em. This sentiment is the problem with politics. You create the situation you hate.

Won’t be enough. People will be out to vote against Trump.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

People, our country was stupid enough to elect the man once. Stop and think about that before posting anything further about how this doesn’t matter. The guy is a piece of shit for running as an independent in what is the most important election of our lifetime. If Trump is re-elected the United States will become an outright pariah. 

Bloomberg spent a fair amount of money researching running as an independent and determined there was no path to victory and there was a definite chance it would only aid Trump; he relayed that info to Schultz strongly advising him not to do it, apparently Schultz isn't listening to him.

37 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Bloomberg spent a fair amount of money researching running as an independent and determined there was no path to victory and there was a definite chance it would only aid Trump; he relayed that info to Schultz strongly advising him not to do it, apparently Schultz isn't listening to him.

9s has been right about this since it was announced. There’s no opportunity for a 3rd party unless it starts from the grass roots, and even then there isn’t an opportunity for that unless the Republicans are absolutely shamed. This guy running as an independent when he’s young enough to wait four years says it all.  Anyone who is too stupid to see Trump and the Republicans need to be repudiated in every sense is too stupid to hold the position. Wait four years if you legitimately want to help the country. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

On 1/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, No1TitansFan said:

More times than not, billionaires got to be billionaires by not listening.

8 minutes ago, Bink said:

Schultz is only doing this because conversations about taxing billionaires are gaining momentum. 

When I saw the tone deaf scoffing from him and Bloomberg I started thinking the same thing.  Essentially a greenmail campaign to Dems:

You want Trump gone?  Then you don't want me running as an independent.

You don't want me running as an independent?  Then you're going to have to give me something to go away, like making this wealth tax talk go away.

Do we understand each other?  I thought so

2% for every $1bil = 20mil. Politics are for real, yo!

2 hours ago, ctm said:

Keep in mind he doesn't have a platform or issue to sell other than.....I'm not them.  Once he has to start taking positions on real issues then he'll quickly return to selling coffee instead.

He wants to cut Medicare and Social Security benefits. 

14 hours ago, Little Earl said:

He smartly realizes getting rid of health insurance companies is a very bad idea.

Why is it a bad idea?  To the average schmo like me, why are private, for profit insurance companies better than a single payer system?   Serious question.  I want to hear your reasoning for thinking this way.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, CreepingDeath said:

These independents need to be politically visible and active year-round, not just at presidential elections. 

Pour money into smaller elections too. 

Otherwise, it’s just as that article says, they just split votes against their most similar opponent. 

I agree. Independents deserve just as much air time and debate time as the Republicans and Dems.