Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Jonboy

Would be interesting to see how co-coordinators would work, something Vrabel tried to do when he was first hired?

Bring in a guy like Kevin O'Connell, who worked with Mariota pre-draft who is the passing game coordinator and give for the Redskins

Run game Offensive Coordinator - Arthur Smith

Pass game Offensive Coordinator - Kevin O'Connell

Thoughts?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Would be interesting to see how co-coordinators would work, something Vrabel tried to do when he was first hired?

Bring in a guy like Kevin O'Connell, who worked with Mariota pre-draft who is the passing game coordinator and give for the Redskins

Run game Offensive Coordinator - Arthur Smith

Pass game Offensive Coordinator - Kevin O'Connell

Thoughts?

I prefer one voice myself

5 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I prefer one voice myself

In KC Andy Reid called the plays and Nagy was co-offensive coordinator with Brad Childress in 2016 (for example), plus is it really any different than having a Head Coach calling plays but having a coordinator?

Sarkisian has spoken with Arizona and Detroit for their OC vacancies. 

He's also in the mix for Georgia and Utah as their OC. 

The Lions have spoken to Nathaniel Hackett as well. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Nice find. Key quotes here...

"There's been several meetings throughout the course of the last two days, three days here with Vrabel and I about the direction that we're going to go with the football team," Robinson said, via The Tennessean. "We're probably going to be a little bit more deliberate in our approach here, not rush into anything, take a lot of things into consideration as we make a decision for what's best for our team."

"I think if that can happen so that there is some carry-over, some familiarity there, so that not just Marcus but all of our players on offense, whether it's line protections, whether it's formations, the less that we have to put on their plate to learn the different terminology, the different concepts, if there's carry-over, then I think they can build upon what they've kind of gone through the last year. So we'll do our best to try to keep as much continuity as possible carrying over into the offseason and certainly into next season."

Well, that's not-so good news, followed by great news IYAM.

If they accomplish that they'll be much farther ahead when camp opens.

17 minutes ago, tgo said:

I don't particularly "like" him. I just think he's a unique fit for what we're trying to do on offense. 

I think he sucks.  I can't recall a situation he's been handed that he didn't manage to botch before he was done.

Especially considering the cred of the people he's coached with and under.

Chow,

Norv Turner

Pete Carrol

Saban

Quinn

The guys resume' looks good until you consider the results he produced in the aftermath.  It's like he has an extreme learning disability.

We should hire Arthur Smith, Mike McDaniel, or Mark Helfrich if he's even interested. 

The first two are run game experts and would keep the same system virtually intact. 

You'd think LaFleur would have the edge on us for McDaniel, but he'd be a true play caller here.