Does JRob try and keep Quinton Spain this offseason

AussieTitanFan08

Going to be interesting to see how JRob reshapes the interior of this OL this offseason, while some might be surprised I think it's highly likely Spain gets a FA offer elsewhere that JRob simply won't match, Spain is probably in the top 5 available OG in FA this year.

Quite a few reporters around the NFL have put Spain on the list of FA's the teams they cover should sign this offseason.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s hard to tell.  The interior is a mess and I know he has issues but I think Jones and Kline are worse.  

I'm not sure how anyone could watch that game last night and not conclude that pass rusher should be the number one priority.  We barely got pressure on Luck without blitzing.  The interior DL got zer

I haven’t put much thought into this but I think trading back in the first round this year and picking up an extra second and spending two second round picks along the Oline is something to consider.

Just now, WVTITAN said:

It’s hard to tell.  The interior is a mess and I know he has issues but I think Jones and Kline are worse.  

No doubt it was an error from JRob extending Kline under the assumption he would thrive in a zone blocking scheme.

There are some really good OG that will be available between picks 20-70 in this years draft.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No doubt it was an error from JRob extending Kline under the assumption he would thrive in a zone blocking scheme.

There are some really good OG that will be available between picks 20-70 in this years draft.

Aussie what guards do you see in that range that are good zone blocking guards? 

Legitimately asking for your thoughts. 

Lindstrom is the only one I've really researched. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Aussie what guards do you see in that range that are good zone blocking guards? 

Legitimately asking for your thoughts. 

Lindstrom is the only one I've really researched. 

Quite a few of the top CFB OT project as OG in the NFL especially in a zone scheme.

A guy like Cody Ford would be a beast at OG in a zone scheme, problem is he is likely to be a top 20 pick to a team that will play him at RT.

Garrett Bradbury from North Carolina St is another guy that would fit a zone scheme.

Garrett Brumfield from LSU another one.

David Edwards from Wisconsin (OT that could transition to OG)

Bobby Evans from Oklahoma (OT that could transition to OG)

The Titans have a number of needs....interior OL, #2 WR, pass rush.  Something is going to have to get moved down the draft priority list.

A lot depends on who is ultimately available in FA.  But with as much cap space that is available league wide, I expect the pickings to be slim and the prices expensive.

The sweet spot in the draft for an interior OL is round 2, but after that I don't see a game 1 starter available in round 3 or later.  The interior OL draft is weak.

I'm not opposed to resigning Spain if they can get him on a deal with little to no guaranteed money beyond 2019.  That would allow the team to draft an interior OL in round 3 or later and give him a year to develop.  Same is true for Morgan.  I'd resign him under the same conditions.  

The team isn't going to be able to solve all their issues this off season.  Some compromises and priorities will be necessary, despite the fantasy off seasons that we see posted.

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

The sweet spot in the draft for an interior OL is round 2, but after that I don't see a game 1 starter available in round 3 or later.  The interior OL draft is weak.

The top end of the OG group is very talented, there is certainly a lack of depth to the group when you get past probably midway through the 3rd round.

3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Sure, re-sign Spain if he is cheap and let him compete.  After watching the Colts OL it might be nice to have one stud inside guy.  

Wisconsin has a real good C coming out that we could get in the 2nd round.  If he doesn't start over Jones he can play OG early on.  

Cody Ford by the way is the 50th ranked player on CBS.  

Wisconsin doesn’t run a zone scheme.  I don’t know how their players would perform in a zone scheme but they have three guys that project well in a man/ power scheme.

1 minute ago, WVTITAN said:

Wisconsin doesn’t run a zone scheme.  I don’t know how their players would perform in a zone scheme but they have three guys that project well in a man/ power scheme.

^This

The reason I mentioned David Edwards earlier and not the other Wisconsin guys is he has the athletic traits to make the transition to a zone scheme.