2018 Titans Report Dynasty League

Jamalisms

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fortunately, thanks to CMJ I have a whole year to watch and learn how the draft works before I have to make any picks myself.

One thing you could do to participate in the draft is get pissy when someone doesn't make a pick within 15 minutes of being "on the clock". It'll be like CMJ never really left.

I'm gonna treat you like the Jags in 1999.

Posted Images

@Jamalisms

@Cyrus

I have somewhat of a unique situation I need addressed. We're going to have to cut down our rosters after the draft, which means either I keep an injured Hunter Henry on my roster and let go of someone else I'd originally intended to keep on the active roster in his absence or I cut Henry and have someone else pick him up off waivers to stash on their IR, which is BS, all because Yahoo may not have gotten around to officially designating him IR by the time we have our cut downs. No NFL team is forced to release one of their injured players to waivers so that they can re-acquire them before they're allowed to designate them to IR.

If it's a player who has a serious injury like an ACL who you know will be put on IR and will miss the whole year then I think it's only fair that we should be able to declare them for one of our IR spots here on this forum even if Yahoo hasn't gotten around to designating them as IR in their system. I mean we do this sort of thing for other league functions that Yahoo can't really handle so I can't see why we couldn't do it for this as well.

I have no decision making powers but I think it's reasonable to have him set aside and not count against your roster. Past precedent would Trump that for me if we've not allowed it before.

16 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Well you just delayed the draft until Tuesday. 

I gave that strong consideration and decided to call him out (just a bit) anyway.

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@Jamalisms

@Cyrus

I have somewhat of a unique situation I need addressed. We're going to have to cut down our rosters after the draft, which means either I keep an injured Hunter Henry on my roster and let go of someone else I'd originally intended to keep on the active roster in his absence or I cut Henry and have someone else pick him up off waivers to stash on their IR, which is BS, all because Yahoo may not have gotten around to officially designating him IR by the time we have our cut downs. No NFL team is forced to release one of their injured players to waivers so that they can re-acquire them before they're allowed to designate them to IR.

If it's a player who has a serious injury like an ACL who you know will be put on IR and will miss the whole year then I think it's only fair that we should be able to declare them for one of our IR spots here on this forum even if Yahoo hasn't gotten around to designating them as IR in their system. I mean we do this sort of thing for other league functions that Yahoo can't really handle so I can't see why we couldn't do it for this as well.

The league should accommodate this in my opinion.

14 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

@Jamalisms

@Cyrus

You should be able to do it when we get access to making roster changes. 

I just looked at your team. Henry is currently marked as "Out."   That (and NFL IR, and PUP) qualifies for IR in Yahoo Fantasy. 

It is not automatic - you will have to move him from active to IR on your team, which we cannot do yet but you should be able to do so with his current status.

Edited by 9 Nines

13 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

You should be able to do it when we get access to making roster changes. 

I just looked at your team. Henry is currently marked as "Out."   That (and NFL IR, and PUP) qualifies for IR in Yahoo Fantasy. 

It is not automatic - you will have to move him from active to IR on your team, which we cannot do yet but you should be able to do so with his current status.

Where does it say that Out is qualified for IR? I've tried looking around the tabs on the league page but didn't see it. May have just overlooked it.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/36338/settings

I see where it says that you can't add players directly to IR from waivers and it lists how many IR spots we have, but nothing about designations and qualifications.

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Where does it say that Out is qualified for IR? I've tried looking around the tabs on the league page but didn't see it. May have just overlooked it.

I see where it says that you can't add players directly to IR from waivers and it lists how many IR spots we have, but nothing about designations and qualifications.

I found it last night and I recall putting players on IR that were listed as Out.

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Under football on https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28136.html

It lists real NFL designations that are valid/not-valid for you to place the player on fantasy IR: 

This is what the football portion shows:

Eligible designations - IR (Injured Reserve), Out (O) and Physically Unable to Perform (PUP).

Ineligible designations - NA (Not Active), P (Probable), Q (Questionable), and SUSP (Suspended).

Edited by 9 Nines