Three players I hope we go after that won’t break the bank

Adams

Aaron Lynch from SF.  He hasn’t been healthy in the past two seasons.  His first two years he had 7 sacks each season.

Paul Richardson from Sea.  His first three seasons he battled injuries.  He had a productive season in ‘17.  He’s a legit deep threat.

Eric Reid from SF.  His price could be down and might need to sign a shorter contract.  He’s an upgrade to JCyp.  He’s had 10 not in his career and he’s a solid tackler.

These are three really good picks and I don’t think they are unrealistic.

6 minutes ago, Adams said:

Aaron Lynch from SF.  He hasn’t been healthy in the past two seasons.  His first two years he had 7 sacks each season.

Paul Richardson from Sea.  His first three seasons he battled injuries.  He had a productive season in ‘17.  He’s a legit deep threat.

Eric Reid from SF.  His price could be down and might need to sign a shorter contract.  He’s an upgrade to JCyp.  He’s had 10 not in his career and he’s a solid tackler.

Makes it hard to get excited about either guy when it starts with "he's had a lot of  injuries, but...."

Aaron Lynch had a lot of off-field baggage coming out of the draft as well. I don't see it personally.

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

Makes it hard to get excited about either guy when it starts with "he's had a lot of  injuries, but...."

Aaron Lynch had a lot of off-field baggage coming out of the draft as well. I don't see it personally.

Brian orakpo and Demarco Murray both had injury histories and have played nearly every game since we signed them. Morgan had a bunch of injuries before we resigned him. I think as long as it's not a chronic injury problem like turf toe or concussions it's fair to assume they could come in and put together a healthy season or two.

True but with a guy like lynch you're taking a cheaper risk. Remember when we signed vanden Bosch? He had never put together a healthy productive season. We got a stud on the cheap because he had injuries in the past. 

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

Reid has had concussion issues as well.  And I'm leery of Richardson.  Just something about guys who stay healthy and produce in their FA year.  But he does fit  a need.

I don't see Reid as much of an upgrade. He's been living off of 1st round hype for awhile. Richardson's torn his ACL twice already and he's a thin framed guy. Kinda scares me. Taylor Gabriel's out there who can do similar things and played with LaFleur in ATL. Considering it's being reported that we're looking for an "explosive playmaker," Gabriel would seem underwhelming but I'd rather have him than Richardson.

My 3... no. 4. 

Shawn Lauvao - LG

John Brown - WR

Kyle Fuller - CB

Jermeiah Attouchu - OLB

go after DE, RB, ILB, SS in the draft 

Rashaan Evans - ILB

Tim Settle - NT/DT

Justin Reid - S

Royce Freeman - RB

THEN I make a move to trade up into the 4th for Falk or the QB from Richmond

I think that is a win and complete offseason making this team complete from top to bottom. 

Lauvao fits it’s that athletic zone scheme LG... I would still resign Kline for RG and tag Spain at a 3rd or even 4th round tender. 

John Brown comes in and is our #3 and works in the slot and rotates outside with Matthews/Davis/Sharpe and Taylor backs him up in the slot. 

Attouchu brings really solid depth to OLB and upgrade to Dodd. Resign Walden and you have Orakpo/Morgan/Walden/Attouchu/Wallace at OLB and move Dodd to DE

Kyle Fuller is our #2 outside CB and Ryan is full time NB while also rotating outside giving Jackson/Fuller breaks with Sims/Reed backing them up. 

Draft wise you have Evans starting day 1 at ILB and making a huge impact next to Woodyard. Settle is a true NT we grab in the 2nd (if he slips) anchoring that part of the D... if not him there are several NT worthy of that spot. Retain Jones and the DL is set. 

Justin Reid is a baller at S and can play FS or SS and is an upgrade to Cyprien. He can start as the #3 safety backing up Byard and Cyprien and fills in for either in case of injury. He actually probably takes Cyps job in the nickel defense and allows us to use Cyp in the base packages or use Cyp as the starting SS depending on matchup (run heavy teams)

Falk is drafted to be the mainstay backup QB and hopefully one day we can get good value in trade for him. I expect Robinson to use a 4th or 5th on a QB he likes this year to groom. 

Royce Freeman is a solid blocker, very good zone runner. Is physical and has very good agility, quick feet, speed and acceleration. He has soft hands and good size and power. Plus he played with MM so there is familiarity. 

I like the the idea of Henry running in a zone behind an athletic OL, and a guy with burners and amazing routes like Brown at WR in the slot who MM would love. 

I also think Freeman could easily start for us day 1 and be a bell cow

sort not sorry for the mock. I kept it cheap. I’m torn between Watkins and Brown. It just depends on LaFleur and how he views Watkins. I don’t think $ will be an issue. Sammy won’t get a 5 year deal and he won’t get 10/yr

so it’s... Sammy Watkins at 3/24 or John Brown at 3/21. 

Do you want Watkins who is the prototypical #1 who is gonna be cheap due to an off year in which he was traded and finally healthy after two years of the foot injury and years of bad QB play? Or do you want John Brown who is a dynamic playmaker, a younger DeSean Jackson without the attitude and a better route runner but had injury issues for the last two years? Browns route running is top 10 and his speed is top 10... his hands are amazing and his size is perfect. He plays slot and outside. His first two years he was thought to be the next Marvin Harrison. Then he got hurt, Palmer got hurt and he was playing with Gabbert. 

I dont care which one. I’m fine with either. Neither will cost a lot and both will majorily upgrade our receivers. 

If you say Kyle, what 3 positions are you absolutely sure we will sign 3 starters at, and won’t break the bank for them, but they will step in and make the offense and defense a lot better?

i would say Kyle Fuller at CB, Shaun Lauvao at LG, and John Brown at WR. All are perfect fits for the schemes in place. 

I think at this point Brown is more like Cooks and what JR is looking for but Watkins is also a guy JR won’t pass up. They are both schematic fits. 

Who we go hard after depends on what our OC has to say and what the Rams do... I see them tagging Joyner and letting Watkins walk and going with Woods, Cupp and bringing in someone like Lee at WR and drafting one

Also wouldn’t mind to see JR throw money at FAs and land

Chase Daniel - QB - backup 

John Brown - WR - #2/3 WR

Shawn Lauvao - LG - Starter

Bennie Logan - NT - Starter

Jeremiah Attouchu - OLB - Backup

Kyle Fuller - CB - Starter

Cam Fleming - RT - Backup

Three players costing 6-8/yr in Logan, Brown, Fuller

Lauvao - OG - 4/20 

Attouchu - 2/10

Daniel - 3/16

Fleming - 2/7

1) Rashaan Evans - ILB - Starter

2) Ronald Jones - RB - Timeshare

3) Justin Reid - SS - Future Starter

4) Dante Pettis - WR/PR #6 WR

5) Adonis Alexander - CB - #5/6 CB

6) Ian Thomas - TE - #4 TE

breakdown

QB - MM, Daniel

RB - Henry, Jones, Fluellen

WR - Davis, Matthews, Brown, Taylor, Sharpe, Pettis

TE - Walker, Smith, Stocker, Thomas

OT - Lewan, Conklin, Kelly, Fleming

OG - Lauvao, Kline, Spain, Levin

C - Jones, Schwenke

DE - Casey, Johnson, Jones, Klug, Dodd

NT - Logan, Williams

OLB - Rak/Morg/Walden/Attouchu

ILB - Woodyard, Evans, Brown, Wallace

CB - Ajax/Fuller/Ryan/Sims/Reed and Smith vs Alexander for #6 CB

FS - Byard, Searcy

SS - Cyprien, Reid 

KR/PR - Pettis 

Cut - Murray, Cassel, Weems, King

Restructure - Williams, Searcy, Cyprien - Allows us to keep quality players for extra year at a lower cost even if it’s just a million less to keep the talent better 

Extend Lewan while we can at a better price. 

We we are doing this with 50 pre cut and restructures and pre cap increase. So likely have 70 in cap room. 

We dont throw the brinks truck at anyone but do pay good money for high quality players and upgrade the roster from top to bottom

Cyprien, Searcy, Ryan, Woodyard, Williams, Matthews all have  replacements are on the roster making next years cap the same. Around 60 before extending MM and are mainly working off rookie contracts outside of MM, Lewan, Casey, Logan, Fuller, Walker

entering next offseason we will be finding replacements for Jones at C, and likely extending Orakpo/Morgan for another 2-3 years while front loading their deal and finding their replacement. 

Now we we have a full roster and can pay Byard and Conklin and just use the draft appropriately and FA to fill back up needs and maybe a starter or two in FA at good rates

Sorry. Didn’t mean to do a mock but I felt that was a good outlook for now and the future while finding a way to pay everyone, keep high quality players across the board and draft well

I would fucking love to add Brown and Pettis at WR... Brown is instant impact and gives us a dynamic 3 WR package of Davis and Matthews outside and Brown killing the slot 

Pettis is not a speedster but he has great agility and burst and reminds me of Cribbs as a return guy. This takes Adoree out of harm way and let’s him purely play CB with a dash of offense. 

I have been advicating for a badass ILB... last year I really wanted Jarrad Davis. This year it’s Evans. I think he is a star

Ronald Jones would be our speed back and honestly... I prefer him as a day 1 Starter over DH but I’m fine with Jones splitting carries and letting Henry open and close the game with Jones killing it in the 2-3 quarters and pass downs. 

Yeah. I also want Harrison at SS but I also really like Reid... trust me someone... he is going to make a fine starting SS for whoever gets him in 2-4 and he takes over for Cyprien after this year. 

The draft sets us up to go into next offseason with the intent to give Morgan and Orakpo a 1-2 year extension while using them at their prime before they drop and allowing us to focus on an elite edge rusher next year in the draft and follow that up with an OG

a WR combo of Davis, Brown, Taylor, Sharpe, Pettis is just fine and allows us to keep looking for WR in round 3-5 next year 

by that time Woodyard has given us his best and Evans is the dynamic ILB and Brown bulks up and we find a new “ Brown in the later rounds while still giving a Wallace the opportunity to either settle at ILB or OLB

Ajax, Fuller, Sims, Reed, and Adonis gives us a good young talented combo at CB while looking at FA for a solid #5 and the draft.  

5 hours ago, Adams said:

Try 6 sacks, not 7. Maybe you should google these players before posting them.

4 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Seeing Kyle Fuller on these lists absolutely kills me because we should've drafted him in the first place. Both Fuller and Michael Thomas should be Titans. I know, woulda, coulda, should've but...

His brother was totally overlooked in the Alex Smith deal to, he was very good last year.

Michael Thomas is one guy where I play the coulda, shoulda, woulda. 6'3, big boy about 220, huge hands. I wonder how 2016 would've gone had we picked him instead of Kevin Dodd.....