Downtown

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile in NFT land...    

My bitcoin has been going nutssssssss! Up 70% in the last month and almost 1000% this year! Gimme the loot baby!    Edit: when bitcoin was first developed I started mining it and had al

The first rule of crossfit/Crypto: always talk about crossfit/crypto

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

What do you have to hide? 

We are talking about a global currency, just because I don't personally need to worry about my finances being seized by the government doesn't mean that Bitcoin's unseizability isn't a valuable trait for billions of other people.

9 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

We are talking about a global currency, just because I don't personally need to worry about my finances being seized by the government doesn't mean that Bitcoin's unseizability isn't a valuable trait for billions of other people.

You are focusing on a fringe topic. The more likely use is as an untraceable currency for criminal elements and countries are right to be concerned about it.

On 6/23/2019 at 3:52 AM, oldschool said:

Its comical. Bitcoin is fake money. It's like being excited monopoly money is trending up. Calibra will be a real world currency backed by banks and some of the world's largest tech companies. The future for Bitcoin is as a dark currency due to its unregulated, permisionless, and anonymous core features. It wasnt designed to be a real world currency. 

Money is fake money. Calibra is a con system where only elites are invited. Calibra is fake money tied to fake money... but with extra steps of control. Even the house of reps is calling bullshit on it. 

Libra is counter to the whole crypto movement. The reason btc became popular in the first place was to take down systems like this. 

libra could make it. But it’s a giant con. It’s not crypto. It’s not actually blockchain. It runs off basically etherium code but it’s centralized... and ETH is loaded with issues and insecurities... it can be manipulated easily and have the rules changed easily by companies at the top for their own gain .... it’s being headed by the shadiest company in existence. 

23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I went back and read most of this thread

The funniest post

Kyle said he had 1000.00 to throw into bitcoin! lol!!!!!

Have you taken all of your retirement out yet? 

Ill make a usd or crypto bet with you that kyles $1000 would be worth more at some point in the next 2 years than any $1000 investment you’ve made since this thread started. 

On 6/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, Jamalisms said:

I wonder which small set of mobsters is manipulating the market this time.

Honestly would not surprise me if zuck and visa own a fuckton and will try and dump it to mess with the price upon libras release. 

Edited by titanruss

23 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I went back and read most of this thread

The funniest post

Kyle said he had 1000.00 to throw into bitcoin! lol!!!!!

Also.. not sure when kyle said that.. but from when the thread started until now.. btc is up about 80% in a year and a half.. so...

On 6/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, oldschool said:

You are focusing on a fringe topic. The more likely use is as an untraceable currency for criminal elements and countries are right to be concerned about it.

Not true. The vast majority of use case is legit. That didn't used to be the case, but today it's no more used by criminals than any other method. 

image.png.8393f7ff877b861f9c5905e5f20cd9a6.png

Great article on Libra and Bitcoin here: 

https://medium.com/@ercwl/the-libra-masterplan-dc9560e41c87

We touched $11.5K this morning (new yearly high)... Going through a small retrace at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Supdawg said:

Not true. The vast majority of use case is legit. That didn't used to be the case, but today it's no more used by criminals than any other method. 

image.png.8393f7ff877b861f9c5905e5f20cd9a6.png

Great article on Libra and Bitcoin here: 

https://medium.com/@ercwl/the-libra-masterplan-dc9560e41c87

We touched $11.5K this morning (new yearly high)... Going through a small retrace at the moment. 

Bank banked digital currency will take over for normal use cases. Bitcoin wasn't designed to be centralized and traceable whereas Libra is. it's not knock on bitcoin at all but when banks and mega corporations throw their weight behind something the market usually responds favorably. I think we both agree libra will only help public perception when it comes to cryptocurrency which is the biggest takeaway from the announcement. Time will tell who is right.

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Bank banked digital currency will take over for normal use cases. Bitcoin wasn't designed to be centralized and traceable whereas Libra is. it's not knock on bitcoin at all but when banks and mega corporations throw their weight behind something the market usually responds favorably. I think we both agree libra will only help public perception when it comes to cryptocurrency which is the biggest takeaway from the announcement. Time will tell who is right.

If you have some time, read the article I posted above. It's pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

I hope not. The day the bitcoin haters on this forum start buying will be a sign we are in the final stages of this bullrun.

they wont be able to afford it soon! they will have to start buying sotosh

im fine if they start buying in, its an indicator to offload some excess and recoup original investment. then can buy up in a bear market and wait for the next bull.