2 hours ago, abenjami said:

Conceptually in that way, yes it's no different.

But in reality, there are quite a few significant differences between Bitcoin and government issued money.

Yes. Absolutely. 

Thousands of years of institutions and regulations and control brought government issued money to where it is today. That’s both for the better and for the worse. 

And people, smartly, want to change that system. It’s like any system. New ones pop up and take elements and improve upon it. 

Government blocking is the only thing that will stop crypto. It’s getting close to too late for that. 

Edited by titanruss

Lol at any idiot saying that people up top not wanting change is the only thing not catapulting BTC while ignoring that if people are honest with crypto, BTC won't be in it's long term plans

The only reason BTC will have long term value is the concept of other coins being tied to it and masses not wanting to adapt and use more efficient currencies that should eventually replace it...... And yet the masses here want currency to evolve but once it does they want it to plateau with Bitcoin as the long term currency?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

11 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Lol at any idiot saying that people up top not wanting change is the only thing not catapulting BTC while ignoring that if people are honest with crypto, BTC won't be in it's long term plans

The only reason BTC will have long term value is the concept of other coins being tied to it and masses not wanting to adapt and use more efficient currencies that should eventually replace it...... And yet the masses here want currency to evolve but once it does they want it to plateau with Bitcoin as the long term currency?

nope. just nope...

Number9   
5 hours ago, titanruss said:

jon and dany are both going to die.

it will still be bitter sweet. 

I can't tell whether that's a sell(bitter) or a buy(sweet) signal for btc.  Could you elaborate?

Supdawg   
6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Got it. So you think Bitcoin will always be the gold standard for cryptos

Here's the real beauty of Bitcoin or crypto in general. The underlying technology is upgradeable. While it's possible something replaces it it's not likely. Even with Eth and Ripple had a hard charge at Bitcoin dominance, it always regressed to the mean. 

12 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Here's the real beauty of Bitcoin or crypto in general. The underlying technology is upgradeable. While it's possible something replaces it it's not likely. Even with Eth and Ripple had a hard charge at Bitcoin dominance, it always regressed to the mean. 

As I said, got it.... You think Bitcoin will always be the gold standard of crypto so will never have to worry about another currency taking its place aka wanting the technology plateauing 

Edited by wiscotitansfan

On 5/17/2019 at 1:13 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

Got it. So you think Bitcoin will always be the gold standard for cryptos

It at all

hence why I said nope. 

Dont group everyone into your opinions. Pretty sure almost no one thinks it will always be the gold standard.  

It will, however hold value for 10-15 years minimum. 

8 hours ago, titanruss said:

Pretty sure almost no one thinks it will always be the gold standard.  

So your "nope, just nope" comment literally had nothing to do with anything because that's what I was referring to.

8 hours ago, titanruss said:

It will, however hold value for 10-15 years minimum. 

Which is why I said it's retarded to have in a set it and forget it retirement plan from the start like people can and should do with the stock markets.

If you want to buy it low (back when it was at 3-4k) and sell it down the line of course that's a viable way to make money, but anyone being told to jump in on crypto when it was 10k+ were the fucking idiots that are the equivalent of day traders trying to flip stocks. That's not investing, it's gambling.

I have never been in the camp that crypto is a fad and will be completely useless, I have always said that my problem with investing in crypto means buying BTC to 99.9% of people. I don't think that's a viable long term strategy because people are too dumb to read the tea leaves when it will get surpassed (and I think 15 year minimum is a stretch but that's not important) and for all intents and purposes, BTC will be dogshit compared to what people bought at when it's not the top dog because the big money will be in whatever currency eventually takes it's place.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

On 5/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

How easy is it to cash out of Crypto currency? 

The speed depends on the currency and the exchange you are using. Some 2-3 days. Some like 5 min. 

Number9   
23 hours ago, titanruss said:

The speed depends on the currency and the exchange you are using. Some 2-3 days. Some like 5 min. 

I agree, but there are fees through the exchange I use(Coinbase).  Deposit fee and withdrawal fees.  The Blockchain fees are minuscule.