Supdawg   
9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Cryptocurrency isn’t actually scarce if it can be created overnight out of the digital ether. Or if it can be forked. 

Gold is actually scarce, thus it is seen as valuable. But even though it produces nothing, just like cryptocurrency, gold has actual real world uses. 

New gold is mined every day. Bitcoin very small has a finite supply. The amount of Bitcoin that is mined will go down over time and eventually stop somewhere around 2140. 

While forking has occured it doesn't change the supply of Bitcoin. Matter of fact, forking leads to inflation of the value of Bitcoin. Because to fork you have/hold/buy the base asset. It's possible that another coin could replace Bitcoin, but the entire crypto market is pegged to Bitcoin. I just can't imagine that ever changing. 

3 hours ago, Supdawg said:

the entire crypto market is pegged to Bitcoin. I just can't imagine that ever changing. 

Therein lies my biggest disagreement with you about cryptos, you don't believe technology will ever advance great enough where people won't have a reason to jump the BTC ship to something so much more obvious and must-have

At some point the only thing that BTC will have going for it is the fact that people own it while being completely antiquated by everything around it in the digital world

On 3/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, OILERMAN said:

Majority of bitcoin trading is a hoax, new study finds

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/22/majority-of-bitcoin-trading-is-a-hoax-new-study-finds.html

New research is casting even more doubt on the legitimacy of bitcoin trading.

An analysis published by Bitwise this week shows that 95 percent of bitcoin spot trading is faked by unregulated exchanges.

The analysis showed that “substantially all of the volume” reported on 71 out of the 81 exchanges was wash trading, a term that describes a person simultaneously selling and buying the same stock, or bitcoin in this case, to create the appearance of activity in the market. In other words, it’s not real.

Those exchanges report an aggregated $6 billion in average daily bitcoin volume. The study finds that only $273 million of that is legitimate.

“The idea that there’s fake volume has been rumored for a long time; we were just the first people to systematically look at which exchanges were delivering real volume,” Hougan told CNBC.

Reminder

Supdawg   
On 4/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, Jamalisms said:

Reminder

Serious question. You keep bringing this up, so you must believe it's important. Can you explain why you believe this is some important revelation? 

No one literally gives a rats ass about wash trading on shitting small exchanges. It does not affect anything from a macro level. 

Supdawg   

The more you talk the more I realize I you're just trolling since you can't add anything insightful to this discussion.

It's absolutely an emerging asset class with tons of institutional interest and money flowing into the space. In terms of the s-curve of adoption, we are still in the innovators stage, but clearly trending towards the early adoption phase. 

Lots of foolish people like you have laughed at early adoptors throughout history. I am absolutely confident cryptocurrency will continue to proliferate into mainstream adoption. 

Edited by Supdawg