Joey ATE the THREAD

tinman

44 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So I just busted out laughing in my cubicle reading how this thread started with us sharing healthy cheap recipes!! Luckily no one is in the office to think WTF is going on

Yes, likely forgotten by most

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few hours in the kitchen whipping up this bad boy for lunch today       Two pieces of cheese really send the flavor profile over the top, especially with the synergy of the cheetohs.  

1) Buy 7 apples, once per week   2) Eat one per day   = No more doctors

In an attempt to start the political purge, Bump it the only way I know how..... "I'M BAAAAACCCCKKKKKK"

19 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So I just busted out laughing in my cubicle reading how this thread started with us sharing healthy cheap recipes!! Luckily no one is in the office to think WTF is going on

Then how the hell did Joey wind up eating it? Wouldn't it threaten his goal of pouring cement into his arteries?

On 7/4/2013 at 5:50 PM, chef said:

There are other tools you need: peelers, different types of spats, serving spoons, etc.  And in a competition like that, yes, I could see the need to bring out all the guns just in case the need arises. It is, I am sure though, at least somewhat staged for the symbolism of "get your knife roll and don't let the door hit...."  

Beyond an 8", the most useful knives for most kitchen applications would be a good serrated for breads, and maybe tomatoes/citrus (but I just use my 8" and clean it immediately, which I do anyway for everything).  A 5-6" stiff boner, i.e., boning knife, even though you can get by without that (handy if you're going to break down a lot of proteins, or maybe have to French racks of lamb/venison/boar).  A paring knife probably, though I don't find myself with one much anymore as I'm not fond of turning vegetables and don't have to anymore.  And probably a good slicer if you are going to carve a lot of meats.  I prefer a nice beveled edge one.  I use a 12" Shun sashimi knife as well for that application, especially when working with larger ahi bullets. 

I'm not nearly advanced in the culinary world as you, but I do run a fantastic Cuban restaurant here in Tucson, (opened 6 months ago #1 in yelp, Facebook, and TripAdvisor since I took over as head chef a few months ago) but this conversation make me laugh so hard. I hired a guy recently and he's all about all kinds of knives, I always ask him to prep veg or anything and he pulls out the smallest knife ever. I always give him shit cuz he takes forever and he goes "well if you watch chefs on tv the good ones only use a small knife"

lol wtf man. I'm like "dawg when you on tv you can use whatever knife you want I need this shit fucking done now"

The other day sat at a ramen counter with a colleague.  It was the kind of place where the kitchen is on display.  Watched this chef keep trying and failing to fry 2 eggs at once in a small skillet.  Over and over again he'd try to cut them and something would be wrong and he'd throw them both out and start over.  I'm wondering why he wouldn't just do one at a time if the plate needed one and two kept not working.  The other chef is staring at him like WTF.  

Funny as hell.  Food didn't sit well, never ate there again.

I'm curious if he eats like that at home or in a restaurant... He obviously eats that shitty all the time but I have a hard time believing that anyone eats half a slice of pizza or a full pancake in one bite all the time.

26 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'm curious if he eats like that at home or in a restaurant... He obviously eats that shitty all the time but I have a hard time believing that anyone eats half a slice of pizza or a full pancake in one bite all the time.

I was seriously wondering if he was going to woof down the entire pizza during the one video. He revealed that he used to work for California Pizza Kitchen, that had to be a losing proposition for them.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, Hooty_McBoob said:

Every time I see this thread bumped, I’m hopeful that it’s to say he’s dead. Fool me 17 times, shame on me. 

Some of the comments were surprised as well