Mularkey: Davis on Track to Play in Preseason Finale (Update: Now Unlikely, Titans Being Cautious)

Jonboy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome news about Davis. Jonnu looks legit as fuck out there. I had my doubts on Brown but he's balling right now, hope he keeps it up so we can finally stop getting cooked by the C.J. Fiedorowicz's

I think we're going to see something special. The weapons and upgrades to the situational offense are going to cause match-up nightmares

Sounds like Fowler's injury isn't all that serious and Decker may be back this week, along with Klug. Good news all around.

Also...

Really not a fan of doing that. Especially with the irreplaceable guys (Mariota, Lewan, Casey, & Delanie).

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Sounds like Fowler's injury isn't all that serious and Decker may be back this week, along with Klug. Good news all around.

Also...

Really not a fan of doing that. Especially with the irreplaceable guys (Mariota, Lewan, Casey, & Delanie).

The 3rd game is typically the dress-rehearsal. They can't go into any game, preseason or regular, afraid to take care of the business at hand. Plus, injuries in pre-season or injuries in the first game of the year are no different from each other.

That being said... I'm with you in that regard. I wouldn't play Mariota much beyond the 1st quarter, especially if we build up a good 2 touchdown lead.

I hope the prospect of Davis playing week 4 doesn't change Mularkey's initial thinking that no starters will play that final preseason game.

the entire starting offense/defense shouldn't even board the plane for Kansas City.

just let Davis have a few snaps with the backups.

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The preseason finale is off of a short week, they play the 3rd game on a Sunday then play the finale Thursday

and is why at the beginning of the preseason Mularkey said he didn't envision any starters playing week 4, this shouldn't change to try and get Davis some live reps with the first team offense.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

and is why at the beginning of the preseason Mularkey said he didn't envision any starters playing week 4, this shouldn't change to try and get Davis some live reps with the first team offense.

I heard him on the pregame Sat talk about how it was unusual how the games fell this year in preseason.

They actually have a full week before the 3rd preseason game and it's on a Sunday. He said they would prepare as if it was a regular Sunday noon game. Then they would practice their Thursday schedule after Sunday. Not that the players would play but they would see the exact same routines

I doubt Decker plays this week. No need. I will be surprised if they roll Davis out there in that 4th game but maybe they will. I don't like it but seems MM is ok pushing things. 

Edited by japan

1 hour ago, Titansgoodluckcharm said:

I like Davis getting a series with the 1st team in the 4th game. A series. Maybe 2 if short. After that pull Mariota and Murray and get him another series or 2 with the backup. Think it would build good chemistry for Week 1 and shake the jitters.

If Corey Davis even has any jitters

The first team isn't playing in the 4th game. This isn't Fisher as HC

31 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Davis is gonna be fine. Can't wait to see Mariota in this offense with all these new weapons.

I know we all like to homer it up but this roster really does have a lot of talent and you have to respect the meticulous way it's been built over the last two seasons. 

I think we're going to see something special. The weapons and upgrades to the situational offense are going to cause match-up nightmares