PK: Run struggles stunting Titans as much as any facet of team

big2033

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The opportunity cost is killing the Titans. Warmack needs to pull his weight.

I think it matters on both sides of the ball too to be honest.  The offense still scored enough points to win the game even after being completely shut down for much of the first half.  The problem is

Haha... that's a well crafted troll because it's not quite crazy... but it mostly is.

don't think the titans will ever be a running team under Wiz.  I think Sankey fits this offense well cause he doesn't put the passing game in compromising conditions and this offense will flourish with the passing game if it's gonna flourish.

If that's the case not putting the passing game in compromising positions is averaging 5 yards per carry. 

Edited by big2033

don't think the titans will ever be a running team under Wiz.  I think Sankey fits this offense well cause he doesn't put the passing game in compromising conditions and this offense will flourish with the passing game if it's gonna flourish.

We were playing some 6 man line yesterday (adding in Stingily) before we fell behind too much and Lewan got hurt. Likely related to Thompson's injury. Pounding the ball was definitely part of the game plan but the score got away from us. 

I think it matters on both sides of the ball too to be honest.  The offense still scored enough points to win the game even after being completely shut down for much of the first half.  The problem is, the defense can't stop anyone and the offense was making a ton of mistakes trying to keep them in the game.  Mett has to get better but he's a rookie who is not very mobile playing behind a below average offensive line.  I believe he is the QBOF and will solve a lot of problems in the future but that doesn't mean you expect a rookie QB to turn things around.  The team is bad.  They need a bigger line, corners who can stay with their man for more than five yards, a safety that can tackle, LBs that can shed blocks, a STs unit that isn't embarrassing, three or possibly even four upgrades on the offensive line, a big power back, a blocking TE, a prototypical #1 WR, a young kicker with a big leg, a GM that can put all of this together and a coaching staff that knows what to do with it.

Food for thought:  The Titans would probably be better team right now had it drafted Mettenberger in the 2nd instead of 6th - No sankey and whatever RB the team did get might very well be much better. 

Food for thought: The Titans would probably be better team right now had it drafted Mettenberger in the 2nd instead of 6th - No sankey and whatever RB the team did get might very well be much better.

Haha... that's a well crafted troll because it's not quite crazy... but it mostly is.

At first I could argue that Sankey wasn't getting the ball enough. But if he's as talented as they say he'd have some big runs in a low-carry game regardless. He's not making any big plays.

I'll never close the door on a rookie but he just doesn't look great AT ALL right now.

Edited by big2033