The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

Just now, Starkiller said:

I looked it it up and you are right, he didn’t sleep with her again after he got married. She only tried to get him to.

She was a dirty little try-hard thot so thinking he'd given in to her isn't a stretch. It's actually quite impressive for such an intercourse connoisseur like Tyrion to resist those temptations, especially when his forced-upon wife wasn't in any kind of mood to give it up.

Shae showing up at the trial was so guttural. You expected Cersei and Tywin to pile on, but Shae showing up and turning into a vindictive lying ass hoe was Red Wedding-level mind fuckery. Was it as bad in the books or was it worse (without giving much away, since I eventually plan on reading the books)?

Just now, Starkiller said:

He couldn’t go through with it when he saw she was pregnant. I’m not sure if it was because he was married at that point after Sansa had run off.

I didn't realize skeptic mind girl was preggers. Interesting.

7 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Yeah - the show has its own timeline, but it isn't clear just like the travel isn't clear.  One friend offered up the idea that each season represented one year.  That definitely doesn't work without having HUGE chunks of blank events w/o explanation.  (Point to a moment of peace in order to explain why certain factions aren't moving their military and causing major decisions to happen.)

There have definitely been huge leaps forward the pase 2 seasons alone. Theon alone has gone from Winterfell to Kings Landing to save his sister and gotten back now. Jon has made that same trip too and he's gone north of the wall. And they largely didn't travel at the same time so that's possible a good year or 2 there. 

And somewhere in there Arya practically walked from Braavos to the Freys to Kings Landing and back to Winterfell (minus ship travel between land masses).

Edited by reo

14 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I don't think we can go bythe book's timeline, especially if the timeline is over a course of 3 years (from A Game Of Thrones to A Dance With Dragons).

Also, GRRM was planning to have a 5 year gap between books so the characters would be older by the end of the story. He ended up shelving that, so it makes sense for the show characters to be older than their book counterparts.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

She was a dirty little try-hard thot so thinking he'd given in to her isn't a stretch. It's actually quite impressive for such an intercourse connoisseur like Tyrion to resist those temptations, especially when his forced-upon wife wasn't in any kind of mood to give it up.

Shae showing up at the trial was so guttural. You expected Cersei and Tywin to pile on, but Shae showing up and turning into a vindictive lying ass hoe was Red Wedding-level mind fuckery. Was it as bad in the books or was it worse (without giving much away, since I eventually plan on reading the books)?

Shae's turn in the books wasn’t exactly the same, but it was close enough. Pretty brutal for Tyrion.

8 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Yeah - the show has its own timeline, but it isn't clear just like the travel isn't clear.  One friend offered up the idea that each season represented one year.  That definitely doesn't work without having HUGE chunks of blank events w/o explanation.  (Point to a moment of peace in order to explain why certain factions aren't moving their military and causing major decisions to happen.)

Nah, I don't buy that explanation either. The time lapsed between season 3 and 4, for example, is negligible to the point of probably being within a week or two to a month or two at most. They go directly from the immediate aftermath of the Red Wedding at the end of season 3 to Tywin melting down Ice to start season 4. I can't imagine a year having passed between those events.

Nah, I don't buy that explanation either. The time lapsed between season 3 and 4, for example, is negligible to the point of probably being within a week or two to a month or two at most. They go directly from the immediate aftermath of the Red Wedding at the end of season 3 to Tywin melting down Ice to start season 4. I can't imagine a year having passed between those events.

I agree, but what can we do about it?  Just make comments online and enjoy what's left.  

Reo's link was a nice read.  Basically, everything is blamed on child-actors and writing around that (not on the skills of the writers ;) ).

Hell, Jon alone in the past season-ish has gone from Winterfell to Casterly Rock to above the wall to Kings Landing and back to Winterfell. That's a huge chunk of time right there. Probably easily a couple years.

12 minutes ago, reo said:

Hell, Jon alone in the past season-ish has gone from Winterfell to Casterly Rock to above the wall to Kings Landing and back to Winterfell. That's a huge chunk of time right there. Probably easily a couple years.

Do  you mean Dragonstone? I don't remember anyone but the Unsullied visiting the rock.

The problem with Arya is that she is a pretty good example of the problem with womanizing where you feel there's a really clear line of too young and a really clear line of old enough to lust to whatever degree you want ... but when a girl straddles the in-between or, worse, ages into and through it, you have to struggle with the cognitive dissonance and deal with whether it not you'd be a willing paedophile absent social structure and given a certain amount of looking the age.

Nobody wants to ask whether or not womanizing is the real problem, so they blame the scene.

26 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

HBO/Entertainment Weekly released stills of the next episode. Nothing that hasn't been shown in the preview, except a picture of Sansa sitting down and a creepy face in the background.

helen-sloan-hbo-3-1.jpg?w=1024&h=1536&cr

She looks like she's been through it in this shot.

14 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

The problem with Arya is that she is a pretty good example of the problem with womanizing where you feel there's a really clear line of too young and a really clear line of old enough to lust to whatever degree you want ... but when a girl straddles the in-between or, worse, ages into and through it, you have to struggle with the cognitive dissonance and deal with whether it not you'd be a willing paedophile absent social structure and given a certain amount of looking the age.

Nobody wants to ask whether or not womanizing is the real problem, so they blame the scene.

Not bad.  But I still think they're feeling icky because deep down they don't want to admit self accused perviness.  The freaks.