Around the NFL: Divisional Round Weekend

Jonboy

my guess is 49ers go to the super bowl again probably the best defense out of all the teams left. I don’t trust Matthew strafford i think he’s very overrated and easily could choke there’s a reason why he never won in detroit despite all that talent on offense with johnson all those years. Brady is brady he could very well win tomorrow but i think if the 49ers take on any of these teams they they beat both. We could have a 49ers chiefs rematch. 

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.  If you mean fans of a team that actually won a Super Bowl?  Yep.  If you mean fans of a team that has the best QB in the game?  Yes again.  If you mean fans of the team that beats the Bills regu

and none of us will give a flying fuck.

I don’t. Fuck the Bills and their dildo throwing, table smashing, alcoholic fans 

Posted Images

You ship Tannehill to any team interested in drafting a rookie QB this year since it’s considered a fairly weak class.  Tannehill and an early round pick for a later round pick so they soak up his contract.  Gives them more ammo to move up in the draft if they need for the QB they’re targeting and gives a potential solid starter if their rookie isn’t ready.  

41 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

You ship Tannehill to any team interested in drafting a rookie QB this year since it’s considered a fairly weak class.  Tannehill and an early round pick for a later round pick so they soak up his contract.  Gives them more ammo to move up in the draft if they need for the QB they’re targeting and gives a potential solid starter if their rookie isn’t ready.  

The Titans need to do this if they care about winning a Super Bowl. I appreciate Tannehill for some fun seasons but it's obvious now that the Lombardi isn't going to be won with him. Fair or unfair that's life and I hope the Titans are capable of making such a decision.

9 hours ago, Mercalius said:

GB fans are pretty confident that was Rodgers last game as a Packer.  I’d legit trade almost anything to go after him.  He’s a FA in 2023, and as unhappy as he’s seemed with that franchise I don’t see him resigning, so if GB wants to get any real value for him this is the year.   Robinson has to make a push.  

LaFleur has worked with Tannehill too…

Edit: never mind. I got my years mixed up. 

9 hours ago, Hyperion said:

If it's a possibility the Titans absolutely have to do whatever to make that trade a reality. If Rodgers wants to play and a change of scenery it's hard to imagine a better scenario for him than here. Getting Rodgers is probably the easier part of the equation. The other part is getting Rodgers and parting with Tannehill. The question is where can you ship Tannehill? Carolina?

Somalia

Tannehill is not replaceable right now unless there’s a mahomes type of QB in the draft which i doubt there is. My thing is most of his interceptions the receiver was glued on and there was no separation at all. 2 of them were tipped as well. I think Tannehill played alright there was a lot of drops yesterday and just bad play calling in general, there’s just no creativity in this offense it’s very bland straight forward. Tannehill needs playmakers, he’s clearly missing a kelce, kittle type of play maker who can get open on 3rd downs and become a reliable option. Firsker scares nobody. Load up the offensive side of the ball next year. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Tannehill is not replaceable right now unless there’s a mahomes type of QB in the draft which i doubt there is. My thing is most of his interceptions the receiver was glued on and there was no separation at all. 2 of them were tipped as well. I think Tannehill played alright there was a lot of drops yesterday and just bad play calling in general, there’s just no creativity in this offense it’s very bland straight forward. Tannehill needs playmakers, he’s clearly missing a kelce, kittle type of play maker who can get open on 3rd downs and become a reliable option. Firsker scares nobody. Load up the offensive side of the ball next year. 

This is just admitting awful decision making on his part, and it's a huge reason why he's a chasm away from the actual franchise quarterbacks in this league. He doesn't know how to mitigate risk. Sometimes you have to toss the ball away and live to see another down. Not with Tannehill, he has to throw that ball towards windows that don't exist at all costs. If he were a rookie, sure, you work him out of these bad habits. He was drafted in 2012 and is 33 years old.

There's no reason we shouldn't we watching clips of the boys running off the field hyped, celebrating with the crowd, Vrabel giving a locker room speech, and then sitting back tonight awaiting the next team to try their hand at the #1 seed in the AFC with a ferocious defense.

Looking back at the season, it may have been better for the Titans to lose the bye and play in the wild card round.  Things I was wrong about:

#1) Tannehill's ability to avoid losing the game.  I never expected him to put in an amazing performance, but with the running game going, I certainly didn't think he would throw three picks.  I know that Henry didn't look like the old Henry, but they still had 128 yards.  After the explosive run by Foreman getting the Titans into prime scoring position, ALL Tannehill had to do was NOT turn it over.  He threw a pick on first down.  Completely negating the momentum gained by that incredible run.

#2) Henry.  So, I was not a fan of signing Henry when the Titans did.  Running backs should rarely ever be paid top dollar.  It is an unfortunate part of the NFL.  Running backs are oft injured.  Henry didn't make it to the halfway point of his extension without a significant injury.  That said, given the reliance the Titans have had over the last two years, I felt like he was worn down by the time he got to the playoffs.  This injury, in my mind, prevented the Titans from running him into the ground over the rest of the season.  I felt like he would come in fresh.  I was wrong.  The Titans mismanaged the teams 'psyche'.  Henry was viewed as a 'savior'.

#3) The rest and extra practice are exactly what the Titans needed to focus up for the Divisional round.  In hindsight, the offense looked out of sync.  The defense certainly benefited from the rest.  Nine sacks is amazing.  Holding the Bengals to 16 points and handing the ball back to your offense the ball to go win the game is fantastic.

But, if the Titans lose to the Texans in that last game, they drop to the third seed, the Chiefs are the number one seed and the Bills go up to #2.  The Titans get the Pats.  I feel like the Titans win that game handily at home.  Then they have to travel to Buffalo.  I don't know if the Titans get any further.  The Bills are a good team.  However, the Titans have their number recently.  

I feel like it would have allowed them to ease into the playoffs.  Get a win, gain some confidence and maybe Henry gets a few carries last week and is better prepared for the game vs. Buffalo.

Even if the Titans lost at Buffalo, it wouldn't feel as disappointing as this.  This just sucks.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Remember that the Bills traded away the pick for Mahomes.

Mahomes went 10th overall and Trubisky was the first QB off the board.  There were some teams that liked him, but Mahomes wasn't Mahomes coming out of the draft.  Otherwise he is taken #1 overall.  

The QB position is the #1 position needed to be elite.  If you don't have an elite QB, then you can't have any other weaknesses and the rest of the team has to play perfect.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic