2022 NFL Draft Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Another Draft Network analyst phoning it in and just taking a LB for the Titans, wish someone on their staff would wake up and start paying attention to the Titans actual needs, seriously how could anyone watch the loss to the Bengals and think yep the Titans should take a first round ILB.

True. But one could also say how could you watch the game and prioritize the RT spot over a WR, TE, or maybe even QB?

Edited by AvgJoe

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"out indefinitely" Jrob's two favorite words in a draft prospect!

If you can get an elite 10yr starting C in the 2nd half of round 1 you make that pick and don't worry about so called positional value, Linderbaum is probably the best C prospect in the last decade.

Posted Images

I’ve seen Picket projected to the Broncos at #9 in multiple mocks. How brutal of a trade would it have to be to trade up 17 picks in the first round? The trade chart seems to indicate a first this year and maybe a first and a 3rd or 4th next year?

edit: I could also see Elway trading that pick for Rodgers so the 1st QB pick might be even further back. 

Edited by Thrill

3 hours ago, Thrill said:

I’ve seen Picket projected to the Broncos at #9 in multiple mocks. How brutal of a trade would it have to be to trade up 17 picks in the first round? The trade chart seems to indicate a first this year and maybe a first and a 3rd or 4th next year?

edit: I could also see Elway trading that pick for Rodgers so the 1st QB pick might be even further back. 

There are several teams ahead of the Broncos that need a QB and they inevitably rise during the process. 

I'm all in on QB Round 1 this year, we will be in QB limbo as long as Tannehill is on the team.

He's good enough he'll always keep us out of reach draft position wise.  Spend the capital get your guy this year. Let him sit behind Tannehill for two years and groom him.

^I'll need to see more of Zappe but I already question the arm strength.  I see a lot of his throws with a real violent whipping motion and the ball still flutters in the air.

Right now, I agree with the consensus that this is a terrible QB class...

BUT Kenny Pickett looks like the real deal to me.  His play this year reminds me of Burrow's breakout year.  He is in it mentally and this is what I look for most in a QB these days - do they see things in the play and make intuitive adjustments.  There are tons of guys out there with the arm talent - very few with the brain to harness it in real time.  With Pickett I see a guy who manages his pocket.  I see a guy who uses feints to move the defense - pass rusher or coverage player.  I see a guy who handles the physicality on the football field in real time.  He's a tremendously underrated runner who has clearly practiced carrying the ball.  It would surprise me if he isn't a top 5 pick this draft.

Matt Corrall screams bust.  He should not be picked in the 1st and I don't understand how he has gotten the buzz he has.

Sam Howell does not provide enough upside in any direction - stature, speed, arm strength, accuracy, creativity, football IQ... it all looks average.  He has toughness and will but so do many bad QBs.  I see a Baker Mayfield level of QB.

Malik Willis is an outright project.  He has a cannon of an arm but the accuracy is average and the arm angles/mechanics are inconsistent.  His Oline could not hold up against real opponents (Ole Miss) and his play suffered that.  He is very bad in the pocket - like, bail early and run into a sack bad.  He would fit our offense pretty well and I think there is a big benefit to us adding a runner like him given our tendency towards heavy sets.  I don't know that he is as electric a runner as a Lamar Jackson - I suspect he's a step below and a step slower.  Additionally, Lamar's pocket presence is on another level.  He is intriguing but I would not be the one to push all in on him - pass.

Desmond Ridder is interesting.  He has the physical ability and some creativity but he seems a touch slow to me in his decisions and movements.  This is a guy that would fit our team really well too.

So far for me, its Pickett, Ridder or nothing.

1 hour ago, Frank Andbeans said:

^I'll need to see more of Zappe but I already question the arm strength.  I see a lot of his throws with a real violent whipping motion and the ball still flutters in the air.

Right now, I agree with the consensus that this is a terrible QB class...

BUT Kenny Pickett looks like the real deal to me.  His play this year reminds me of Burrow's breakout year.  He is in it mentally and this is what I look for most in a QB these days - do they see things in the play and make intuitive adjustments.  There are tons of guys out there with the arm talent - very few with the brain to harness it in real time.  With Pickett I see a guy who manages his pocket.  I see a guy who uses feints to move the defense - pass rusher or coverage player.  I see a guy who handles the physicality on the football field in real time.  He's a tremendously underrated runner who has clearly practiced carrying the ball.  It would surprise me if he isn't a top 5 pick this draft.

Matt Corrall screams bust.  He should not be picked in the 1st and I don't understand how he has gotten the buzz he has.

Sam Howell does not provide enough upside in any direction - stature, speed, arm strength, accuracy, creativity, football IQ... it all looks average.  He has toughness and will but so do many bad QBs.  I see a Baker Mayfield level of QB.

Malik Willis is an outright project.  He has a cannon of an arm but the accuracy is average and the arm angles/mechanics are inconsistent.  His Oline could not hold up against real opponents (Ole Miss) and his play suffered that.  He is very bad in the pocket - like, bail early and run into a sack bad.  He would fit our offense pretty well and I think there is a big benefit to us adding a runner like him given our tendency towards heavy sets.  I don't know that he is as electric a runner as a Lamar Jackson - I suspect he's a step below and a step slower.  Additionally, Lamar's pocket presence is on another level.  He is intriguing but I would not be the one to push all in on him - pass.

Desmond Ridder is interesting.  He has the physical ability and some creativity but he seems a touch slow to me in his decisions and movements.  This is a guy that would fit our team really well too.

So far for me, its Pickett, Ridder or nothing.

I like Pickett a lot (although I wish he would ditch the gloves), but he is almost definitely going to be the 1st QB off the board so you would have to get into the top 10 to get him.

I like Carson Strong a lot as well. I think his game will translate well to the pros. He has a cannon for an arm and has that prototypical QB size. Biggest concern is some past ACL injuries. 

Zappe doesn’t have prototypical size or the best arm strength, but what I like is that he has that underdog fight in him and has gotten continuously no matter where he played. Give him a strong team around him and I think he could worst case develop into a solid QB, but as mentioned the earlier I would take him would be the 3rd round due to those aforementioned lack of “prototypical QB traits”.

I just don’t see it with Zappe.  His numbers are absurd but I just don’t see the arm talent.  And the time his O line gives him is ridiculous.   With that being said, watch him turn into a HoFer.  Pickett looks like a franchise QB.  Ridder and Strong look like they could have potential too.  With my awful eye for QBs, Pickett is the only one I’d sell the house for.  Now watch the rest all have better careers lol.  

• Jonboy unpinned this topic