Are the Titans now ready to win a superbowl?

stormi

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

I don’t remember Anderson missing a FG at NE.  The two raven losses (2000 and 2008) are the brutal ones with self inflicted mistakes.   

The NE one was painful because of the horrible drop by Bennett.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expecting to "win" the SB is a pretty hard standard. Too much luck involved, injuries etc....   I think a more realistic goal is to truly contend for the SB. Last year it became obvious pret

At the risk of being a shit stirrer, the championship coach part is very much in question.

There isn't a team in this league that doesn't have 2 or 3 players that if they were to go down their season wouldn't be in serious trouble.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, japan said:

Yeah especially after his clutch catches prior…..  McNair’s intentional grounding and the shaky holding call prior weee also killers

Edited by BudsOilers

1 hour ago, japan said:

The only thing I remember outside of the drop by Bennett was that there was a drive that was going very well (think was in the 3rd quarter) and for some reason they went into the Mularkey/Arthur Smith flaming bag of poop trick play calls and went with an option pass with Wycheck.   That play was sniffed out and he was tackled for a loss and we eventually had to punt.

41 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The only thing I remember outside of the drop by Bennett was that there was a drive that was going very well (think was in the 3rd quarter) and for some reason they went into the Mularkey/Arthur Smith flaming bag of poop trick play calls and went with an option pass with Wycheck.   That play was sniffed out and he was tackled for a loss and we eventually had to punt.

Yeah. Let’s run some trickeration with a faded Wychek in -2 or -20 weather or whatever it was. 

7 hours ago, rns90 said:

This is what happened I think.  The Titans had just recovered a fumble around the NE 50.  They right away, either the first or 2nd play, ran that stupid play with Wycheck and that was that.  I believe that there was some talk that the Titans were surprised that the Patriots were able to sniff the play out, almost like they knew the play was coming.  But regardless, they never should have tried it.  

In my opinion the Bennett drop is the most over scrutinized play in the history of the franchise.  It was 4th and forever, McNair basically threw a Hail Mary and somehow Bennett was there.  It wasn't an easy catch as he had a DB all over him, and he didn't catch it.  But earlier in that drive he made a great catch.  Then they had a holding and an intentional grounding.  Without the holding or intentional grounding it might have been a different situation.  Particularly the holding which made the drive a lot more difficult than it needed to be.  Wouldn't it have been like 3rd and 2?  Then the next play was the intentional grounding I think.  

We already discussed the Wycheck play.  McNair also underthrew a TE on a terribly called play for a pick.  Yeah, let's try and hit the slow TE down the sideline in a freezing cold night.  I want to say it was Shad Meier but could be wrong.  Not sure if that was McNair's fault for throwing the ball or if he did what they called.  But not smart either way. 

It was a highly winnable game.  However, the Patriots that season won so many games that they had no business winning that it shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone that they were pulled another one out.  Even if Bennett had caught the pass they'd have found another way to win. 

Edited by scine09

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I have no idea how anyone could call that a tough catch. It hit him square in the hands. 

I can see that.  But there was a DB right there and the conditions were terrible.  I refuse to blame him for the outcome of the game.

24 minutes ago, scine09 said:

In my opinion the Bennett drop is the most over scrutinized play in the history of the franchise.  It was 4th and forever, McNair basically threw a Hail Mary and somehow Bennett was there.  It wasn't an easy catch as he had a DB all over him, and he didn't catch it.  But earlier in that drive he made a great catch.  Then they had a holding and an intentional grounding.  Without the holding or intentional grounding it might have been a different situation.  Particularly the holding which made the drive a lot more difficult than it needed to be.  Wouldn't it have been like 3rd and 2?  Then the next play was the intentional grounding I think.  

We already discussed the Wycheck play.  McNair also underthrew a TE on a terribly called play for a pick.  Yeah, let's try and hit the slow TE down the sideline in a freezing cold night.  I want to say it was Shad Meier but could be wrong.  Not sure if that was McNair's fault for throwing the ball or if he did what they called.  But not smart either way. 

It was a highly winnable game.  However, the Patriots that season won so many games that they had no business winning that it shouldn't have come as a shock to anyone that they were pulled another one out.  Even if Bennett had caught the pass they'd have found another way to win. 

The ball hit him squarely in the hands. I get that it was a high pressure catch but you have to make that as a pro. 

Edited by japan

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Blame him for not catching an easy pass and go from there. 

There's a lot of blame to go around.  Bennett is far from the only culprit and they may not have even been in that position if not for him.

This is like the people who wanted to solely blame Gostkowski for the Pittsburgh loss last year and ignore the other things that contributed to them being behind almost the entire game.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

There's a lot of blame to go around.  Bennett is far from the only culprit and they may not have even been in that position if not for him.

This is like the people who wanted to solely blame Gostkowski for the Pittsburgh loss last year and ignore the other things that contributed to them being behind almost the entire game.

Of course you can blame Gostkowski and Bennett. These guys ‘dropped the ball’ when the game was on the line. 

Just now, scine09 said:

It’s nothing like that.

You’ve made your point for years about how it wasn’t Bennett’s fault. I agree with you. The turnover before half. The bad play to Wycheck. 

It’s okay to admit he dropped an easy catch for a first down with the game on the line at the 6 yard line. 

3 minutes ago, japan said:

Of course you can blame Gostkowski and Bennett. These guys ‘dropped the ball’ when the game was on the line. 

And there were multiple other factors that got them into the positions they were in.  The game doesn't start and end late in the 4th quarter.  This isn't some Madden simulation where you can choose when the game starts and the game situation.