Upgrading Board Software

TitansGuru

17 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

Does it differ from this?

Yeah somewhat - sorry I wasn't very clear, but it isn't a problem when you quote someone else to reply, only when you reply directly to a post without quoting anything. See how in your video the top of the quoted text is cut off, under the floating menu? that's where the cursor goes when you go to reply without quoting, and you have to scroll so the floating menu is no longer above where the text is.

This is on an S7 BTW.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All, the board will be upgrading to the latest version of the software shortly.   In this time, things may go down for a little bit. I have been working on a layout on the staging site that

Beep. Boop. 

This 'Joshua' guy does a pretty good human impression, but we all know what he really is!    

Posted Images

Not sure if it's just a bug or what, but even though in my settings I have it selected to 'take me to comments I haven't read', most of the time it just goes to the top of the page.  Every now n then it might work, but most of the time it doesn't.  Was like that on the old software too.  Using desktop browser here.

5 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Not sure if it's just a bug or what, but even though in my settings I have it selected to 'take me to comments I haven't read', most of the time it just goes to the top of the page.  Every now n then it might work, but most of the time it doesn't.  Was like that on the old software too.  Using desktop browser here.

It definitely isn’t consistent about taking me right to the 1st unread reply. I often have to go hunting for that blue line.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

On mobile, if one of your posts gets a like and you have a thumbs up icon by it, you used to be able to tap it and it would just tell you who liked it in a box that pops up. Now you have to scroll all the way to the top of the page and then back down to keep reading. 

This is a weird issue I need to get corrected with my javascript. If you scroll to the top it is there. The event listener in being overridden somewhere. I have a good idea how to fix it and should get it done tonight, if not sooner.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

It definitely isn’t consistent about taking me right to the 1st unread reply. I often have to go hunting for that blue line.

I'll get it working. Seems to be with posts with images. I just need to change the behavior to where it waits until the page loads before taking you there. There may be some other way. I will get it sorted.

Thanks everyone. Not just for all the positive stuff, but for reporting these things so I can get things right and for your patience as I work through them.

For the light mode guys, this is why I am rolling things out one version at a time. I need to electrocute all the gremlins on this since it will serve as the base for the light theme.

I used variables for the colors on the theme instead of hard coding them as in years past. I used to store colors like rgb(29, 43, 57), but now define the colors by assigning them to variables like rgb( var(--theme-editor_areabg) ) so once I get this one pixel perfect it will just be pasting in the work I did to define the light color theme.

There will be three color schemes in total so by getting things right here first, they will be consistent across the board and not require updating in multiple places. Just makes things a ton more maintainable for me! :P 

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

On mobile, if one of your posts gets a like and you have a thumbs up icon by it, you used to be able to tap it and it would just tell you who liked it in a box that pops up. Now you have to scroll all the way to the top of the page and then back down to keep reading. 

29 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

This is a weird issue I need to get corrected with my javascript. If you scroll to the top it is there. The event listener in being overridden somewhere. I have a good idea how to fix it and should get it done tonight, if not sooner.

Should be a bit better now but it will need a bit of refining.

5 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

For the light mode guys, this is why I am rolling things out one version at a time. I need to electrocute all the gremlins on this since it will serve as the base for the light theme.

I used variables for the colors on the theme instead of hard coding them as in years past. I used to store colors like rgb(29, 43, 57), but now define the colors by assigning them to variables like rgb( var(--theme-editor_areabg) ) so once I get this one pixel perfect it will just be pasting in the work I did to define the light color theme.

There will be three color schemes in total so by getting things right here first, they will be consistent across the board and not require updating in multiple places. Just makes things a ton more maintainable for me! :P 

Definitely can appreciate this post. I do a lot of T-SQL and data modeling and it's nice to do things "right". One of those up front investments in time that makes things a bit harder in the beginning, but makes things much easier in the long run.