Rasmussen and other recent polls

9 Nines

1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

Sounds rural? Manufacturing and refineries are located throughout rural America. Banking is everywhere. 

You have given nothing that urban areas provide that isnt already in rural America. Except sewers.

What suburb do you live in?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good news related to those states:   Battleground States Already Have Vote by Mail April 11, 2020 at 11:54 am EDT Ron Brownstein: “In the states that will likely decide the 20

Gerrymandering is a bigger problem than the electoral college.  IMO

GOP: Lets force voters to stand for hours in long voting lines and risk their lives in the middle of a deadly plague, and they’ll gladly vote for our guy to show their gratitude.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

A big part of this is probably the fact that the Democratic primary was still happening but there was no Republican counterpart. The primary drove up turnout for Democrats. 

Not really.  Turnout is high for Democrats because people are mad as hell.  The "approve vs disapprove" polls don't capture the level of disgust most people feel towards Trump.

Trump supporters may beat on their chests anonymously via the internet but they aren't giving up vacation days to help get people to the polls.

23 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Not really.  Turnout is high for Democrats because people are mad as hell.  The "approve vs disapprove" polls don't capture the level of disgust most people feel towards Trump.

Trump supporters may beat on their chests anonymously via the internet but they aren't giving up vacation days to help get people to the polls.

No. Be careful not to interpret events in the way that feels the best. 

@Titans279 even before the pandemic my wife and I had already decided to cancel all 2020 family vacations and use 100% of our time off knocking doors to bring out the 2020 vote.  This is beyond "disapprove", but yes data is more trustworthy than anecdotes.

How might one measure "I hope Trump goes to prison and catches 'rona from Joe Exotic" in a scientific manner?

33 minutes ago, patsplat said:

@Titans279 even before the pandemic my wife and I had already decided to cancel all 2020 family vacations and use 100% of our time off knocking doors to bring out the 2020 vote.  This is beyond "disapprove", but yes data is more trustworthy than anecdotes.

How might one measure "I hope Trump goes to prison and catches 'rona from Joe Exotic" in a scientific manner?

The fact that you have to go door to door to drum up enthusiasm is quite telling.

19 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

The fact that you have to go door to door to drum up enthusiasm is quite telling.

Every successive post reveals a profound ignorance of politics, business, and the economy.

Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Every successive post reveals a profound ignorance of politics, business, and the economy.

Good luck with that.

That's not what my business accounts say. But you go knock door to door. Everyone LOVES those fucking people.

6 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

That's not what my business accounts say. But you go knock door to door. Everyone LOVES those fucking people.

Please do tell us about these fantastic businesses

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

Please do tell us about these fantastic businesses

I've mentioned them before. I, along with 2 others, sold a software company about 15 years ago.  My stake was 8 figures.

With that money...

Made about 10 long term investments (5+ yrs) over the last 15 yrs. 1 loser, 3 break evens, 3 probably 50% return, 1 turned $300,000 into $3.6 million but had to split in divorce, 1 I had to just put in my time and past knowledge and I should be getting $500,000 from very soon as they are in the process of selling the company, and 1 that should pay off in about 3 yrs and that should double my current net worth.

And my monthly income comes from loaning money to 3 local custom home builders. Interest on the loans return between $25,000 and $35,000 monthly.

But you go door knocking. I am sure you will be loved by all and welcomed unconditionally, especially after this virus.