NFL Combine Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

35 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Now we know why Gladney didn't run as well as expected, this knee surgery could also kill his chances of being taken in the first round.

Injured player supposed to go high, huh? Sounds like the jrob special.

Edited by DecepticonShawn

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sees Cephus just ran a 4.73  

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Denali said:

Exactly, and what we had to do was take him instead, although there were some that were saying that if we wanted him we should trade down.  But I didn't think we should have chanced it, so I was all in at taking him with the #5 pick.

I wanted him like crazy as well. I liked davis as well but cmc was my number 1 choice. Could you imagine him and henry in the same backfield for the last couple?

58 minutes ago, Callidus said:

I wanted him like crazy as well. I liked davis as well but cmc was my number 1 choice. Could you imagine him and henry in the same backfield for the last couple?

I think all too often, teams focus too much on positional "needs" and perceived picking order value in the draft and ignore those once-in-a-while exceptional players because it doesn't fit their "draft model".

When you see a player like McCaffrey, you take him, period.  Same goes for Wirfs.  Any other choice is bullshit, no matter how much phony logic you use to try to justify it.

It's like when you go to a nudie bar, you don't settle for the girl with a crew cut, glasses, and braces.  You go for the draw dropping super hottie, even if it costs twice as much.

Edited by Denali

41 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

You don't take a RB top 5 period. If you take a WR top 5 he better be elite, so J Rob ended up being wrong, but he would have made a mistake drafting CMC too. Adams or Lattimore should have been the pick

Cmc with the first 3 years as a backup/slot would mean at this point we would have henry and him both with low mileage and both demanding smaller contracts. Our pick of either for cheap. Relative at least.

17 hours ago, Denali said:

I think all too often, teams focus too much on positional "needs" and perceived picking order value in the draft and ignore those once-in-a-while exceptional players because it doesn't fit their "draft model".

When you see a player like McCaffrey, you take him, period.  Same goes for Wirfs.  Any other choice is bullshit, no matter how much phony logic you use to try to justify it.

It's like when you go to a nudie bar, you don't settle for the girl with a crew cut, glasses, and braces.  You go for the draw dropping super hottie, even if it costs twice as much.

I read an article about the worst draft mistakes made by each team.

The Steelers passed on Dan Marino (they were not concerned about rumors of drug use) solely because their "model" was committed to drafting the best DL on the board... which  was Gabe Rivera who had a tragic accident in his rookie year and was paralyzed. He may have been great, but no match for Dan Marino... and the Steelers needed a QB.

Our biggest mistake was drafting  Andre Woolfolk over the Alphabet Soup CB was was dominant until he got paid...

1 hour ago, charleytolar said:

I read an article about the worst draft mistakes made by each team.

The Steelers passed on Dan Marino (they were not concerned about rumors of drug use) solely because their "model" was committed to drafting the best DL on the board... which  was Gabe Rivera who had a tragic accident in his rookie year and was paralyzed. He may have been great, but no match for Dan Marino... and the Steelers needed a QB.

Our biggest mistake was drafting  Andre Woolfolk over the Alphabet Soup CB was was dominant until he got paid...

Namdi?

On 3/2/2020 at 11:23 AM, charleytolar said:

Didn't he sign with a zone team for the money or something when he was a press man corner?

1 minute ago, charleytolar said:

Seems like he went to the Eagles, but I don't know about the other details you mention.

Yeah I remember it was the Eagles.