UC’s Freeman Declines Titans LB Coach Offer

tgo

Split this into a new thread, @tgo

Weird he’d turn down coaching in the NFL for a team that just played in the AFC title game. Especially to stay at Cincy. Not like we’re talking Bama or Clemson here. 

Edit: I do see he’s the DC there so that at least makes a little more sense. May feel he could soon be in line for a college HC job. 

42 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Weird he’d turn down coaching in the NFL for a team that just played in the AFC title game. Especially to stay at Cincy. Not like we’re talking Bama or Clemson here. 

Edit: I do see he’s the DC there so that at least makes a little more sense. May feel he could soon be in line for a college HC job. 

Moving to the NFL sounds like an upgrade, but probably not when your change in title is a demotion.

Just now, Jonboy said:

McKenzie was the LB coach but they didn’t want him back. 

Gee, all the "experts" back here just gushed about what a great job he had done. Where's the disconnect... and do we have to listen to them anymore?!

26 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Gee, all the "experts" back here just gushed about what a great job he had done. Where's the disconnect... and do we have to listen to them anymore?!

How do you judge a position coach? By how good his players are?

Was Randy Moss and Cris Carter's WRs coach the best in the league?

27 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

How do you judge a position coach? By how good his players are?

Was Randy Moss and Cris Carter's WRs coach the best in the league?

I am making no claims on any of this. I just read back here how great McKenzie must have been because how much Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown and even David Long, Jr. had progressed. Now we "find out" that the Titans was not satisfied with his work as LB coach.

Really, I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't have to listen to the "experts" back here anymore.

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

he's hitching his wagon to Fickell, who will most likely get the now-vacant Michigan State job. 

3 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

I am making no claims on any of this. I just read back here how great McKenzie must have been because how much Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown and even David Long, Jr. had progressed. Now we "find out" that the Titans was not satisfied with his work as LB coach.

Really, I'm just looking for confirmation that I don't have to listen to the "experts" back here anymore.

Ever offer anything other than sheer contrarianism to the discussion? 

29 minutes ago, tgo said:

Ever offer anything other than sheer contrarianism to the discussion? 

Somebody has to punch holes in the egos back here.  

Contrarianism is only thought in a different direction. Are we supposed to have a beehive mentality back here?

Are you accusing me of publicly disagreeing with something I agree with just to be contrary? Sheesh!

I can introduced you to some contrarians, though, if you like.

Edited by charleytolar