NashvilleNinja

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking hate this board sometimes. 

No, this is not a bash on Tannehill thread. Dude was money for most of the games he played in, at least for what we asked of him. And no, this is not a call to let him go to free agency. He's earned a

Man you guys turn on a dime.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

Your so fixated on Mariota it's unhealthy.

Start Gabbert then ... I don't care who it is. Don't change the subject.

Is your alternative to risk going without a starting-caliber QB?

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Just because that's what the market is, doesn't make it a smart decision to pay market price for an average QB.

You are a complete buffoon.

You do realize that if we don't resign Tannehill, we may as well blow up the whole roster and start a rebuild, right? Which means your coaching staff will get fired after going 4-12 two years straight.

Amazing.

4 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

You are a complete buffoon.

You do realize that if we don't resign Tannehill, we may as well blow up the whole roster and start a rebuild, right? Which means your coaching staff will get fired after going 4-12 two years straight.

Amazing.

Signing him means we might have to blow up the roster, because you want to pay an average QB superstar money.

3 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

I'm all for resigning RT short term, not long term for superstar money like everyone is throwing out.

Let’s suppose that Tannehill wants a long-term deal.  And balks at the franchise tag.  What do you do?

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Let’s suppose that Tannehill wants a long-term deal.  And balks at the franchise tag.  What do you do?

It's all scenarios now that we have no way of predicting. If I had my choice of two QBs of similar skills one long term and one short term, I take the short term because I think we can do better at the position. Maybe not next year, but we can do better.

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

It's all scenarios now that we have no way of predicting. If I had my choice of two QBs of similar skills one long term and one short term, I take the short term because I think we can do better at the position. Maybe not next year, but we can do better.

How? He had the best rating in all of football. Only threw 6 ints tied for best in the league. 6th overall in offensive rating. #2 in explosive plays and were one of the best redzone scoring offenses

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

How? He had the best rating in all of football. Only threw 6 ints tied for best in the league. 6th overall in offensive rating. #2 in explosive plays and were one of the best redzone scoring offenses

Do you really think hell sustain the same success long term? We have how many years of Dolphins tape that says otherwise.

Ryan Tannehill

Completion pct.: 75.6 (third). Passer rating: 143.6 (first). Adjusted YPA: 14.1 (first).  8 TD and 2 INT

The Titans turned their season, and perhaps the course of the entire franchise, around by finally throwing in the towel on Marcus Mariota midway through 2019. It’s highly unlikely they knew the league’s most efficient passer would be waiting behind door No. 2 when they made Ryan Tannehill their starter. And yet, that’s exactly what the Dolphins’ draft bust would give them.

Play-action was key in Tannehill’s absurd production since taking over. Tannehill executed a play fake on 26.6 percent of his 2019 dropbacks, the ninth-highest rate among qualified quarterbacks. As the season wound down, it was a weekly occurrence to see a deep bomb unfurl from Tannehill’s hand deep to rookie star A.J. Brown after he ripped the faux handoff from Derrick Henry’s path. 

Yeah he was great on play action but note it was only 26.6% of the time.  This idea that everything was PA passing is overstated.

On Non play action, RT had a 104.8 Passer Rating with 14 TD and 4 INT with a 67.5% completion percentage and 7.8 YPA.