Falcons Sign Luke Stocker

tgo

I like what Pruitt showed and FWIW Minnesota drafted him ahead of Stephone Diggs in that draft.  Now, if you have an impact TE available to you in rounds 1 or 2 you consider it BPA.

Saying that, DL or Edge or Interior OL makes more sense to me.  Or QB is they love one of them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a TE in round 1 has to be in play to some degree    A true inline dual threat helps the offense more than anything at this point, at least out of positions that are realistic

I dont see us drafted a TE as between Walker, Smith, Firkster and Pruitt we are pretty well set for this season.

Stocker gave us some good snaps Last yr... Sad to see em go, but he can be replaced.. 

I know many arent a fan of going Te in the first but Idk...

Delanie coming off the injury may not be the same player and might start to look his age..

I like firkser (in the passing game)..

Johnu started to pick it up towards the tail end of the season but who knows what he's gonna look like after the injury, And will that be enough?

Pruit gave us some good snaps aswell but can he be consistent..

A guy like Hoc can come in and Take the the Number two spot, and arguably the number one if delanie takes a slight step back. Also, I love his blocking ability.. Him and delanie could really be a problem in double tight end sets..

Taking Hoc in the first should be under consideration imo, but I still feel D-Line is still a bigger need. I like the D-line deph in this draft over Te.

Stocker gave us some good snaps Last yr... Sad to see em go, but he can be replaced.. 

I know many arent a fan of going Te in the first but Idk...

Delanie coming off the injury may not be the same player and might start to look his age..

I like firkser (in the passing game)..

Johnu started to pick it up towards the tail end of the season but who knows what he's gonna look like after the injury, And will that be enough?

Pruit gave us some good snaps aswell but can he be consistent..

A guy like Hoc can come in and Take the the Number two spot, and arguably the number one if delanie takes a slight step back. Also, I love his blocking ability.. Him and delanie could really be a problem in double tight end sets..

Taking Hoc in the first should be under consideration imo, but I still feel D-Line is still a bigger need. I like the D-line deph in this draft over Te.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

We're not running "a lot" of 3 TE sets, especially after having a big offseason target be a slot guy

Under Mularkey the Titans ran 3 WRs 45% of the time. Even teams that play a lot of heavy sets still play a lot of 3 WR sets

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

They don’t need another tight end.  They’re fine with who they have now.  I’m glad they didn’t sign him.

They have bodies.

But bodies don't necessarily add up to production.

If Hock is there at 19 and JRob doesn't bite I will question JRob's judgement going forward.

11 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

They have bodies.

But bodies don't necessarily add up to production.

If Hock is there at 19 and JRob doesn't bite I will question JRob's judgement going forward.

I don't know much about Pruitt but Smith is a capable player and Firkser doesn't drop anything.  Their needs are far more pressing on the edge than they are at TE.

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I don't know much about Pruitt but Smith is a capable player and Firkser doesn't drop anything.  Their needs are far more pressing on the edge than they are at TE.

They have a top 5 defense, and the 29th ranked offense.

They have either injury recoveries or practice squad refugees at TE, and one of those IRs is about to be 35.

I believe in Delanie, but it took every other TE on the roster combined to equal his 2017 production in 2018, so his time is limited and no one would blame him if he hangs it up after 2019.

I see it as a push in terms of need.  So I say take the better player of the two positions.

2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

They have a top 5 defense, and the 29th ranked offense.

They have either injury recoveries or practice squad refugees at TE, and one of those IRs is about to be 35.

I believe in Delanie, but it took every other TE on the roster combined to equal his 2017 production in 2018, so his time is limited and no one would blame him if he hangs it up after 2019.

I see it as a push in terms of need.  So I say take the better player of the two positions.

Do you think their pass rush as presently constituted is sufficient?  I don't.  I think it's their one glaring weakness and needs to be addressed.

There are a multitude of reasons for why the defense outperformed the offense but I feel better about the offense than the defense right now.  Particularly after the two upgrades.

There is a you tube video of Smith saying that Firkser truly understands where the holes in the defense are and how to get to them , and he has extremely reliable hands. It seems to me he will be MM ‘s safety valve and will back up Walker.. 

1 minute ago, Nash said:

There is a you tube video of Smith saying that Firkser truly understands where the holes in the defense are and how to get to them , and he has extremely reliable hands. It seems to me he will be MM ‘s safety valve and will back up Walker.. 

His blocking blows, he could be elite if he can refine that part of his game.