Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Falcons Sign Luke Stocker

14 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think your opinion of the tight ends on the roster and my opinion is drastically different.

None of the active roster TEs are over 6'3", and only Jonnu is that tall.  They are basically fleet footed FBs, except Wick, who managed to land himself on IR, he's 6'5".

Delanie and Jonnu ARE coming off injury.  Will both come all the way back?

Delanie will be 35 next season.

Pruitt is a practice squad refugee, but a decent blocker.

Firkser's blocking sucks.

What is there about that list that you disagree with?

scine09   
3 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

None of the active roster TEs are over 6'3", and only Jonnu is that tall.  They are basically fleet footed FBs, except Wick, who managed to land himself on IR, he's 6'5".

Delanie and Jonnu ARE coming off injury.  Will both come all the way back?

Delanie will be 35 next season.

Pruitt is a practice squad refugee, but a decent blocker.

Firkser's blocking sucks.

What is there about that list that you disagree with?

I think Firkser is a very good receiver and is good at getting open.  Who knows about how each of the injured guys comes back but I'd rather give them a chance and beef up the edge than worry about a position that right now is not a need position.

They need an elite edge rusher.  They've needed an elite edge rusher for years.  It'll only make guys like Landry and Finch better and improve the entire defense.

DT/ Edge are the positions of Maoist value that will help. 

I did forget about Jonnus injury... but word from all the local guys including mike Keith and Wyatt are to not expect a TE. 

Pruitt has every bit the athleticism of a fant/walker/jonnu and a better blocker than 2 of those guys at least.  He just needs to work on his routes. His college production shows he can catch.  

We are looking much more at WR than TE if you check our visits... I still think we get an oline guy as well. 

Ao unless a good TE falls to 5th round or so... or a guy so elite he makes all the other 4 needs look silly to draft early.. I dont see us drafting a TE 

OILERMAN   
8 hours ago, japan said:

I agree with scine. Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. The only way to beat Luck. Mariota isn’t out dueling him. 

Offenses are too good now, the top 4 scoring offenses were the last 4 teams left. 

You have to score

japan   
4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Offenses are too good now, the top 4 scoring offenses were the last 4 teams left. 

You have to score

Tell that to Jax who mopped the floor with a hot Luck led colts offense. 

OILERMAN   
9 hours ago, japan said:

Great point, one game between division foes is the best way to judge league wide trends

17 hours ago, japan said:

8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Great point, one game between division foes is the best way to judge league wide trends

We also "mopped the floor" with a HOF Super Bowl winning Tom Brady last year because our pass rush.... I guess that means that we are so set at getting to the QB

C'mon Japan, that's one of the dumber cherry picked statements I've seen in quite some time..... And that's coming from someone who wants to draft defense early and often and think we are more than set at offensive skill positions!