***TF's Official NFL 2018 Mock Draft***

titansfan

1. Cleveland Browns- QB Sam Darnold

-  A QB will go number one-- its down to Darnold or Allen. Allen looks the part and has gifts that give coaches wet dreams, but they can't afford to miss this one. Darnold is the guy.

2. Buffalo Bills (NYG)- QB Baker Mayfield***

- The second pick has been traded in each of the last three drafts. This is a legitimate trend. When QBs are at the top of the consensus board, a team will trade up to get one. Buffalo will fork over what's necessary to get their guy.

3. New York Jets- QB Josh Allen

- New York likely has Baker Mayfield at the very top of their draft board, but I suspect they like Allen just as well. He's not ready to play right away, but maybe they will develop him to keep him from being Jake Locker 2.0.

4. Cleveland Browns- DE Bradley Chubb

- Cleveland has been doing the NFL's version of the NBA's 76ers "Process". They finally have their QB, and the next thing their analytical department will likely show is that a great defense is the path to go. They choose the devastating pass rush of Chubb and Garrett over the dynamic RB Barkley.

5. New York Giants (DEN)- RB Saquon Barkley***

- Gettleman does not usually trade, so it was difficult projecting that he will trade not once, but twice. However, if Darnold is not at #2 I expect thats NYG's move. They will not stay at #12 if the second prospect on their board gets past Cleveland. 

6. Indianapolis Colts- OG Quenton Nelson

- Even though they both turned out to be disappointments, the 2013 draft consisting of Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper opened the lid on being able to draft guards high. Zack Martin proved a year later, what drafting one can really do for your offense.

7. Tampa Buccaneers- S Minkah Fitzpatrick

- Minkah Fitzpatrick is just a clean prospect and was one of Nick Saban's favorite players ever. Thats says a lot. 

8. Chicago Bears- LB Tremaine Edwards

- Chicago misses out on Quentin Nelson, but gets Edwards who the scouting community just loves. The expectation is by year two he will be a Pro Bowler.

9. San Francisco 49ers- DE Marcus Davenport

- He's a little raw, but the 49ers have shown they do not mind taking chances on guys who have the tools. Pairing him with last year's pick, Solomon Thomas, gives them two great young pass rushers.

10. Oakland Raiders- LB Roquan Smith

- Roquan Smith dominated the SEC all year, and has the versatility to play in any scheme. Jon Gruden will like his football character as he tries to recreate a defense that prevented people from questioning why he's considered an "offensive genius".

11. Miami Dolphins- DT Vita Vea

- Miami would love to have Baker Mayfield, but he's long gone. Generally the rule when drafting QBs is if you don't love one then don't force it. Tannehill has another year on his deal and Miami can afford to wait.

12. Denver Broncos (NYG/BUF)- CB Denzel Ward

- Denver trades back and gets exactly the player they want who will replace Aquib Talib. Ward is on the smaller side, but he's living up to what is the NFL's newest DB pipeline in Ohio St.

13. Washington Redskins- DT Da’Ron Payne

- The Redskins had the worst rushing defense in all of football last year. They take Payne who will rejoin his former Tide teammate, last year's 1st round pick Jonathan Allen who will be returning from an injury shortened rookie season.

14. New England Patriots (GB)- QB Josh Rosen***

- All signs are pointing towards the Pats getting a QB this year and they have the capital to do so. I went back and forth between Rosen and Jackson here. I think the interest is real in both, but ultimately the organization takes Rosen who gives New England great insurance behind Brady.

15. Arizona Cardinals- QB Lamar Jackson

Arizona takes whoever is left of the "big five" QBs. Jackson will require a little more work simply because the offense has to be designed around him, but that is what good coaches do anyway. A full year to sharpen his footwork behind Sam Bradford will allow Jackson to be very successful.

16. Baltimore Ravens-OT Mike McGlenchy

- Baltimore misses out on all the QBs, and are right at the beginning of the part of this draft where pretty much the draft prospects are about the same level through the 2nd round. With no trade the Ravens improve their offensive line with another Notre Dame tackle.

17. Los Angeles Chargers- LB Rashaan Evans

- Productive at Tuscaloosa, Evans is next in line of great Alabama linebackers. Evans is more of a certainty than Vander Esch, who some like as the 3rd best LB in a great inside LB class.

18. Seattle Seahawks- S Derwin James

-James slips a bit and lands in the perfect landing spot in Seattle as the immediate replacement for Earl Thomas who will probably be traded to Dallas.

19. Dallas Cowboys- LB Leighton Vander Esch

- Vander Esch went from sleeper, to the point where the Titans cancelled his draft visit because he won't make it out of the top 20.  Smooth athlete who can rush the passer and drop back in coverage, but has some medical concerns.

20. Detroit Lions- DL Taven Bryan

- Detroit needs a defensive lineman who can play alongside with or perhaps even replace Ezekial Ansah. Bryan has the ability to play both inside and outside, and has the physical tools that lead some to believe he underachieved at Florida.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- C James Daniel

- Center is the Bengals most glaring need. Pretty simple solution here. Great center prospect, but absolutely the most boring name.

22. New York Giants (BUF)- DE Harold Landry

- The Giants made this an immediate need when they traded away the aging Jason Pierre Paul. Landry is a scheme versatile prospect who's high motor will make him a legitimate day one starter possibility.

23. Green Bay Packers(NE)- CB Josh Jackson

- After trading back with New England, the Packers come away with the most productive CB in all of college last year. Josh Jackson has playmaking skills to go along with the length desired in a top CB.

24. Carolina Panthers- CB Jaire Alexander

- The Panthers have negated this position too long, and will finally realize they need talent in the secondary.

25. Tennessee Titans- WR Calvin Ridley

- Will probably see the Titans try to trade down here, but to no avail. Instead the team stays put and takes the BPA and completes the offensive attack with a WR who can play right away.

26. Indianapolis Colts (ATL)- RB Sony Michel***

- Sony Michel emerged as the best RB in all of college football by the end of the season. His shiftiness and explosiveness made him a threat anytime he touched the ball. The Colts are loaded with draft capital and will move up to ensure they get the RB they want.

27. New Orleans Saints- TE Hayden Hurst

- Saints are another team they may try to trade down. Its not the strongest draft for TEs, but the Saints take the best one who is a player that they have spent a lot of time with this offseason and fills a major need.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers- S Ronnie Harrison

- Linebacker is certainly a possibility, but none is worth taking at this spot. Harrison is not the rangiest of safeties but he is disciplined and delivers big hits.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars- OL Willy Hernandez

Jacksonville understands it's identify, tough defense and devastating run game, and has done the smart thing this offseason by strengthening that identity by signing guard Andrew Norwell. They continue that trend by taking an Hernandez to complete an improving offensive line.

30. Minnesota Vikings- CB Mike Hughes

- Hughes is small but is very fast and very athletic. The Vikings boast the best defense in the NFL from last year, but Hughes will bring some youth and insurance for older players who will likely not be on the  team after this season.

31. New England Patriots- OT Kolton Miller

- The Patriots stay put with their other 1st round pick and draft the replacement for Nate Solder. Kolton Miller, too, is 6'9, but will need some developing before sticking him out there to protect Tom Brady (but he should be ready for Rosen).

32. Philadelphia Eagles- WR DJ Moore

- The rich get richer. After having a great offseason in which the team did not sit on its brand new trophy, the Eagles add some explosive playmaking ability at the WR position which they lacked last season.

- Buffalo trades the 12th overall, 22nd overall, 53rd overall, 65th overall selections, and a 2019 1st round pick to the New York Giants for the 2nd overall  and 108th overall selections.

- New York trades the 12th overall, 53rd overall, and 139th overall selections to Denver for the 5th overall selection.

- New England trades the 23rd overall, 63rd, and 95th overall selections to Green Bay for the 14th overall selection. 

- Indianapolis trades the 37th overall selection and a 2019 2nd round selection  to Atlanta for the 26th overall selection.

Edited by titansfan

I like the effort.  This was definitely well-researched and thought out.  

I can't agree or disagree with any of it because I don't know anything about these prospects.  But I would be disappointed if the Titans didn't address the front 7 immediately.

6 hours ago, scine09 said:

I like the effort.  This was definitely well-researched and thought out.  

I can't agree or disagree with any of it because I don't know anything about these prospects.  But I would be disappointed if the Titans didn't address the front 7 immediately.

Ridley would be a steal at 25. The guy is as explosive a WR prospect as you’re going to find besides guys like Calvin Johnson and Julio. I would love if the board fell like this. 

Nice work TF. 

I'd be ok with this but if this is our best player available id rather trade down. However if jrob has been scouting WR so heavily it means he's not satisfied with our current stable of wide outs.

Hmm, if he's the BPA then why not. 

He appears to be just slightly quicker than Davis. The same ability to snatch the ball out of the air and win one on one's. 

I think Davis has him in route running and getting more yards after the tackle is initiated. 

If Matthews is on his way out soon, and Walker getting long in the tooth, having Ridley, Davis, Taylor and Smith would be a great cast for Mariota. 

Going to be a lot of pissed off people if we go WR back to back. Of course, there will be pissed off people no matter who JR picks.

If Ridley is anything close to Marvin Harrison, that's a hell of a pick, especially in a weak draft

I am starting to think Ridley could fall. I'm becoming less convinced that BAL, ARI, or DAL takes him. CAR is a tossup. They could go Moore instead or another position.

Edited by socaltitan