Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
reo

Exclusive: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey

Recommended Posts

begooode   

It will be the Comey carpet bomb media blitz for sure as he pimps his book.  Between the WaPo and Amazon, it's hilarious how much money Trump has put into Bezos' pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
begooode   
26 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Dana Boente's personal handwritten notes that he took when Comey called him to apprise him of the results of his meeting with Trump are now in Mueller's hands. Boente's notes are identical to Comey's testimony word for word and corroborate Comey's claim that Trump insisted that he back off of Flynn. The GOP is starting to sweat the likelihood of obstruction of justice. They can try and discredit Comey but Boente's testimony to Mueller will damage that plan and prove Comey was telling the truth. At times it really seems like the GOP is on a suicide mission.

Yeah, when Maddow put that out there and compared it to Trump's weak comments it was compelling.  Seriously compelling.  Now with the Comey roadshow telling his story over the next 2 weeks the publicity and this supporting evidence will be hard even for the Fox machine to manage.  It's likely CYA time for the repubs very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

Dana Boente's personal handwritten notes that he took when Comey called him to apprise him of the results of his meeting with Trump are now in Mueller's hands. Boente's notes are identical to Comey's testimony word for word and corroborate Comey's claim that Trump insisted that he back off of Flynn. The GOP is starting to sweat the likelihood of obstruction of justice. They can try and discredit Comey but Boente's testimony to Mueller will damage that plan and prove Comey was telling the truth. At times it really seems like the GOP is on a suicide mission.

It's so obvious he's guilty of obstruction, he openly does it almost daily when talking about how he wouldn't have hired Sessions if he knew he'd recuse himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys have taken a few stories and rewrote them. I could not find where Trump 'insisted' that Comey back off Flynn. He asked to drop the investigation. And was it dropped?

 

Also, I can not find this  'word for word' testimony matching hand written notes. Some phrases match, but they are Comeys recollection of a meeting told to his sub ordinate. Could they be true? Sure. Just as they could be Comey doing a cya because he knew he might get fired for not telling the public that Trump was not under investigation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
5 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

You guys have taken a few stories and rewrote them. I could not find where Trump 'insisted' that Comey back off Flynn. He asked to drop the investigation. And was it dropped?

Comey was fired for not dropping them genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Omar   

Funny to see the left embrace Comey now, since he pretty much crushed any chance HRC had to become president. Just sayin..

Edited by Omar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Btowner   
1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

Genius, he was fired for handling the HRC email probe incorrectly.

Comey's book will be out next week. Read it and then we can revisit this comment. Deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
7 hours ago, Omar said:

Funny to see the left embrace Comey now, since he pretty much crushed any chance HRC had to become president. Just sayin..

I'm not interested in Comey's book at all. Mueller is moving in for the kill, that's what I'm interested in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mythos27   
12 hours ago, Omar said:

Funny to see the left embrace Comey now, since he pretty much crushed any chance HRC had to become president. Just sayin..

As a progressive, I was fine with Comey before all of this. No cognitive dissonance over here. The rest of the people on the left and right pretty much like/trust Comey exactly to the degree he's currently "on their side". Personally, I could care less. I think he's credible and he's going to help sink Trump's corrupt ass so he's A-ok with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...