GLinks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were going to sign a vet RB no matter what with Murray leaving; the fact that they had a ton of cap room and were able to sign one of the top guys out there is leading all these people to assume

It's a very simple issue but people are much more concerned about being right than what is actually optimal for the team.

Everyone on offense was expected to be an OL.  Remember how they kept putting guys like Douglas, who couldn't block to save his life, on blitzing LBs and S. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GLinks said:

If they trade Henry then the landscape changes. They will need not the Lewis clone, but a more every down back again.  

Very easy to get a guy who can run in known running situations, the all around Lewis types are harder to get

We don't specifically know what offense LaFleur is going to run, a little too early to decide who fits it and who doesn't. JRob obviously hasn't given up on Dodd whom we haven't got any production from, yet people seem ready to think he's ready to move on form Henry who actually has done some good things.

10 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I could see it......but Henry has been an asset in the pass game.  He just hardly ever gets the chances.  His first game against Minn he had a great screen play and last year the Jax screen was gorgeous.  When he gets some space he is pretty amazing.  He is a lot faster on the field than his 4.55 shows.  Nobody catches him from behind when he goes.  

Quit downplaying him. 

fournette had a 4.51

and you act like Henry is slow but fournette is a freak. 

8 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

We don't specifically know what offense LaFleur is going to run, a little too early to decide who fits it and who doesn't. 

Free agent additions and who they are looking at in the draft show us

10 hours ago, titanruss said:

Quit downplaying him. 

fournette had a 4.51

and you act like Henry is slow but fournette is a freak. 

I've said Henry is a stud......he is a lot better than I thought he would be but I don't believe he has been utilized yet.  I think he can be a serious weapon in the passing game.  He has a lot of huge plays already in his short career.  So I want to see him used better.  I think the new OC will bring a fresh approach.  

10 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

I've said Henry is a stud......he is a lot better than I thought he would be but I don't believe he has been utilized yet.  I think he can be a serious weapon in the passing game.  He has a lot of huge plays already in his short career.  So I want to see him used better.  I think the new OC will bring a fresh approach.  

He is just doesn't look as pretty doing it as some of the others. Henry has proven he is one of the best backs in the league when given carries. We have to many people in here who think they know what there talking about because they keep up with their favorite bloggers

Edited by Huston

25 minutes ago, Huston said:

Henry has proven he is one of the best backs in the league when given carries.

He had a good game against the league's 32nd ranked run defense

9 minutes ago, Huston said:

Thats what good backs do.

In his other two starts he was pitiful though 

When the play is blocked well and he can get going he can be a good runner, he can also get the corner at times. He's still wildly inconsistent and a major liability in the passing game 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

When the play is blocked well and he can get going he can be a good runner, he can also get the corner at times. He's still wildly inconsistent and a major liability in the passing game 

The whole offense was out of wack last year including the running game yet Henry still averaged over 4 ypc. He isn't a bad pass blocker just has issues identifying who to block at times, a good OC can simplify things or even send him out on routes on most passing downs. Henry made more big plays last year then anyone on offense outside of Marcus and salted away a few late in the fourth against 8 man fronts.

40 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This is unfortunately true. The guy is a rhythm back like MM as a QB. Thankfully we brought in a coordinator who knows how to deal with this issue.