OT: Obama to address nation shortly on an "important matter"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What in the unholy god damn flying fuck of a random bump is this?

You seem to be starved for attention.

I'm glad they finally got the guy. He was a murdering bastard who deserved a good killing (more than 1, but that's hard). And I frankly think we're better off having killed him rather than capturing him. That would have turned into a circus.

But on a less positive note, I'm not so comfortable with our reaction to the news. People taking to the streets with massive celebrations that we killed the guy? It's a little creepy. And more of an unsettling issue, it's pretty reminiscent of Palestinians taking to the streets in celebration of the attacks on America on 9/11. And as I recall, we didn't like that one bit...

You're closer to being a Christian than you'd want to admit... lol

But on a less positive note, I'm not so comfortable with our reaction to the news. People taking to the streets with massive celebrations that we killed the guy? It's a little creepy. And more of an unsettling issue, it's pretty reminiscent of Palestinians taking to the streets in celebration of the attacks on America on 9/11. And as I recall, we didn't like that one bit...

I dont think its great by us, but these two situations are completely different. I have heard this statement a couple of times now and there is a large difference celebrating the death of a mass murderer and celebrating the deaths of 3000 civilian people.

Can it make you feel uneasy .. sure but dont draw that paralell.

Rashard Mendenhall is a dumbass. Sometimes its better to keep comments to yourself...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... en-tweets/

I doubt this was Raw-shart Menthol's point, but I don't hate Bin Laden. All that would do is hurt me because hate is a toxic thing to hold onto. Hating him allows him to win because then he's gotten to you in a way one of his crazy suicide bombers or airline hijackers never could.

But I digress... drill one more notch on the NFL's Belt of Stupid.

You're closer to being a Christian than you'd want to admit... lol

I follow much of traditional Christian morality better than most Christians. But much of Biblical morality is simply human/societal morality (aside from the anti-gay and anti-woman stuff).

I dont think its great by us, but these two situations are completely different. I have heard this statement a couple of times now and there is a large difference celebrating the death of a mass murderer and celebrating the deaths of 3000 civilian people.

Can it make you feel uneasy .. sure but dont draw that paralell.

Oh, it isn't an exact parallel. As I said, there's no doubt that Bin Laden deserved it. But remember, those Muslims who cheered considered the 9/11 attacks to be justice as well.

I follow much of traditional Christian morality better than most Christians. But much of Biblical morality is simply human/societal morality (aside from the anti-gay and anti-woman stuff).

...yet you're as far away as you can choose to be.

14 Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

Romans 2:14-15

Btw... Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

Thus ends the annual "Sermon On The Forum". Amen, pass the mustard.

• 8 years later...