Cryptocurrency

Downtown

2 hours ago, titanruss said:

Congrats. 

In 5 years of Crypto investing... I have zero debt, fully paid off a 300k loan (closed on it in 2016 now worth about 425k)on a 4br house in a bussling city less than a mile from the new soccer stadium, paid 65k off student loan debt, car... and spent two months total in Greece/ Croatia in the last 9 months....took some profits to do the traditional thing with Roth IRA, emergency fund (earning interest as a stable coin more than you can yet on most any bond/cd/mutual fund and definitely more than any savings account) 

...all because of crypto 

and I'm still up big enough that I have a good amount locked away for 5-10 years, can play with some different coins for fun, and I'm considering taking time off to go to grad school in Italy to get a terminal degree in my field so I can teach and have access to a shop for free. 

it could go to zero (it won't and you know it)  and I'd still be up big and it was all worth it...it's given me nearly complete financial freedom and I just turned 40

So you do you. I'll continue to try and help you gain money. Great time to buy these next two months btw... possibly great time to buy these next two years to still get in cheap. 

This just means you got in at the right time, it doesn't make BTC a good investment going forward

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meanwhile in NFT land...    

My bitcoin has been going nutssssssss! Up 70% in the last month and almost 1000% this year! Gimme the loot baby!    Edit: when bitcoin was first developed I started mining it and had al

The first rule of crossfit/Crypto: always talk about crossfit/crypto

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This just means you got in at the right time, it doesn't make BTC a good investment going forward

You have literally said the same thing for years. It could go to 1 million $ and you'd still say it was a bad investment, lol. Again, every person who has ever invested in Bitcoin and held for 4 years has made at least 3x their money depending on where you bought in the previous cycle. It's done this multiple times for over a decade. 

Again, ( infinite fiat / 21M BTC) . It really is just basic math. 

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Lol... "the right time" has literally been any moment before in its entire history before April 16 2021.... and really like around May 12.

... and 99% sure you said the same argument in 2017/18

I have zero doubt crypto will see some dark days (I do believe tether will be a problem unless it is phased out, I do believe there will be financial ware far and maybe real war as the dollar depreciates to nothing and taxes rise while salaries stagnate)....

but these are far from it.

Fuck man.. it's like still 10x from where some people bought  (including me lol) during the crash last year and 160% above the last ATH... 

Pretty sure a while back we predicted it would peak around 65k and possibly drop to the 23-24k range. 

I could see it lower as those kind of % drops aren't unheard of in an unregulated market... but I'd be a little surprised. 

depends how much cash the hedgies need to stay in business after their meme stock fuck ups

3 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Had to pick up a couple mo' thousand of BTC under 30k.  Couldn't resist the soothing sound of the falling rocks!  C'mon 20k! lol buybuybuy!

Also into ETH now for a few thousand in the rock slide.  If it gets down to 1500, will buy some mo' falling rocks of that pos too!

I sincerely cannot tell who you are trolling.

Excellent work.

This could be the relief bounce we all want. Swept the previous lows with volume and had a large bounce. Let's see if we can reclaim some key levels here. Some people are thinking this is a wyckoff spring that could take us back into the mid 40's, but that remains to be seen. For what it's worth I did buy the dip at 29K on my trading account. 

image.png.7173ad8d9b1af520ad853d9bf6fa672e.png