Radical Islamic Terrorists!

Btowner

I've always found it hilarious that Fox News and even Trump rode the talking point that Obama refused to say radical Islamic terrorist meant he was soft on terrorism or couldn't name the enemy we are fighting.

Regardless how many times Obama or even Bush said we are at war with a faction and not a religion, the GOP base needed to hear their POTUS say those three magical words. Radical  Islamic terrorists.

It's noteworthy Trump hasn't mentioned those three words on his trip. Maybe if he learns anything on this trip, it might be that saying this nice sound bite, does not identify your enemy. If anything, it hinders collaboration in the fight against ISIL.

When he gets back to Washington, how long do you think he has before he  has to throw read meat to his base?

Edited by Btowner

I think Trump is being smart.  This is not the kind of thing to say to their face, you say things like that behind people's back.  I don't mind giving Trump credit.

4 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

It's a good thing he didn't mention this phrase or who knows, maybe one of the peaceful brethren might kill a bunch of children in a crowded concert. 

He certainly didn't say what you believe, right?

10 hours ago, ben4titans said:

I haven't read or heard the speech. Didn't really agree with him going and have taken a break from it all for a few days. I did see where we sold them a bunch of weapons. How that makes America great again I don't know. Trump is straying again. My support isn't unconditional. If he wants to come back to his base, he knows where we are.

He said Islam is one of the great faiths of the world and that it's not a fight of Islam vs the world but of moderates vs radicalism.  

Do you agree with all that? 

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Radical Mulsims hate and kill moderate Muslims so we should ask why the hell don't all these peace loving Muslims stand up with the rest of us?  Good question.  Even after 9/11 you didn't here a darn thing from the less radical Muslims.  If they are out there and want to be respected they should take up arms if neccesary like anyone else and help eradicate these people off the face of the earth.  Their silence does make me think in private they are cheering these attacks right along with their more radical brethren. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/manchester-arena-attack-muslim-leaders-condemn-suicide-bombing-ariana-grande-explosion-a7751576.html

That took less than 10 seconds to find.  It's happened for everyone of them.  You do realize we are fighting ISIS with Muslims, right?  

Perhaps you need to be asking yourself why you don't look at news sources that report this stuff?  

2 hours ago, ben4titans said:

A lot of nuance for a message board. To generalize though, I would say Islam is one of the more if not the most violent religion, if you were to rank major religions. Is the majority peaceful? Relatively yes. It is past time for the peaceful majority to stand up to the radical fringe and work with West to exterminate it. How many marches will we see in the streets of the UK of moderates calling out the radicals? The silence of the moderates speaks volumes.

Why is it you and Soxcat, and just about all right wingers, parrot the exact same line about the "silence" of moderates when it is demonstrably untrue?  

I'm glad that Trump went over there and acted like a sane person, instead of the idiot he's shown himself to be here.  

57 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Radical Mulsims hate and kill moderate Muslims so we should ask why the hell don't all these peace loving Muslims stand up with the rest of us?  Good question.  Even after 9/11 you didn't here a darn thing from the less radical Muslims.  If they are out there and want to be respected they should take up arms if neccesary like anyone else and help eradicate these people off the face of the earth.  Their silence does make me think in private they are cheering these attacks right along with their more radical brethren. 

I don't think they are 100% in agreement, but I really feel the percentage is way too high.  Inside a church, you know who is prejudiced against minorities.  Just their casual conversations tell you who they are.  If you don't think that's right, you kind of keep conversations short.  Gradually these type run into other members who hold like opinions and will spend a little more time with them.  Then if this person is involved with something even more aggressive, they may invite you.  You might say, no.  But someone will.

It's just people.  Inside the mosque, it's the same thing.  Like attracts like.  But you know what those types are thinking.  You might not know who is a bomber, probably none.  But it's the extreme politics that has to be addressed.  They have to want to be a complete part of the west, not hate all it's ways and try to coexist.  When you see the west as an adversary, everyone is not going to accept limitations.  Love them even though they are unacceptable to Allah.  The Jehovah Witness believe we are all going to burn up in the lake of fire except them.  The difference is the JW don't try to start the fire.

The lone wolf.  How do you stop the lone wolf?  You have to track back to where the lone wolf came from.  Did he come from the Jehovah Witnesses?  If he did and several others came from there, it's time to get with the JW and reach some understanding.  If all the JW's say they didn't have a clue the lone wold would do something like this, then you have a problem.

These radical Islamic groups don't operate in secrecy.  They stand out on the corners in public places and scream through megaphones how evil the west is.  They have groups who go to fight in other countries.  Do you think these muslins don't go to church/mosque.  Now if a nazi starts coming to your church, you are going to ease him out, I hope.  Plus, your message won't be comfortable for him to listen to.

I won't ramble any further, but it's not impossible for muslims to know who these people are and stand up against them.

39 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

That doesn't answer the question, where are the moderates?

Living everyday life would be my guess, much of what might be trying to figure out what the next meal is.  Are you fighting in the middle east now or posting on an internet forum?  Does that mean you support terrorism?  No.  I think 1% of the Americans are in the military.  Does that mean the other 99% support terrorism?  No.  

Yet, that's the argument you guys are making.  That there's few people actually in the fight, that means the rest must support terrorism.  Clearly, that's not the case at all with a smidgen of self reflection.  

We are fighting along side Muslims in the countries we are involved.   

39 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Why are Muslims way under represented in US military service? 

I can't say with any degree of fact, but maybe your second comment might have something to with it?

36 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

As for Trump going over there and what message he delivers, that is all part of a larger nuance. Are we hypocrites to go over there and admonish them for something we had a hand in creating? How do we tell them to fix the terror problem as we arm and train ISIS, take out semi-stable regimes creating vacuums of power, years of sanctions that have killed too many innocents, etc. The only answer is to be open and honest in regards to our wrongs in the region, ask for forgiveness and chart a new course forward. A course that puts the onus of deradicalizing their religion on them. We can't do it for them, that isn't a winning solution.

If we're being open and honest about our foreign policy, is it a mystery that Muslims wouldn't be open and honest about it? 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, Rogue said:

Trump is Muslim sympathizer.   

He's not even a US Citizen! He was born in International waters on a boat!