Episode 108 - Ken We Start Over?

Jonboy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good episode guys. I enjoyed it! Oh, and I love the new guy, Scotty. 

The "new guy." Lol. He'll love that.

7 hours ago, Cyrus said:

Not sure if it was mentioned in this podcast or last, but Scotty has repeatedly talked about Beckham's supposed lack of intelligence. I always thought it was a bit curious, because I never got that sense from interviews. I looked through Bob McGinn's scouting reports and came across Beckham's profile. He scored a 20 in the Wonderlic which is probably above average for wide receivers. Amari Cooper scored a 21.

Well the coaches were pretty vocal about him not being able to handle much, he was constantly getting corrected by the QBs about where to line up and also seemed to run a few wrong routes. Not to mention some of his off the field stuff. I don't really put much stock in the wonderlic unless it's a QB who scores a 6 or something!

Having said that there is a lot of talk about the complexity of Whisenhunt's system so maybe we'll more production out of DGB.

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Well the coaches were pretty vocal about him not being able to handle much, he was constantly getting corrected by the QBs about where to line up and also seemed to run a few wrong routes. Not to mention some of his off the field stuff. I don't really put much stock in the wonderlic unless it's a QB who scores a 6 or something!

Having said that there is a lot of talk about the complexity of Whisenhunt's system so maybe we'll more production out of DGB.

I kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt since he hasn't been around long, but when he whiffed on the play that got KW injured, the first thing I'm thinking is "hmm, did he even know what the play was just now and what he was supposed to do?" lol

Hope he 'Wrights' the ship from here on out though...

10 hours ago, Cyrus said:

If I remember the play correctly, DGB didn't have much of a chance due to how far off the LOS the corner was. There wasn't much of an angle to block. Honestly given the alignment of the defense you would think Mett would have checked out of the play. 

"That's MY play! You do NOT check out!" - Whiz

On 11/5/2015, 2:51:00, Face said:

This was part of my problem with Whisenhunt. DGB apparently cannot learn the offense but at the same time I've heard the guy talk & he was fairly well spoken, didn't seem slow at all. Hunter is running wrong routes, Wright is having trouble with the offense. The OL are constantly getting confused, blocking the wrong guys & allowing unblocked rushers. Why are these guys having such a difficult time with this offense?

PK said a month into the season last year that the players were overwhelmed & Wiz's playbook was massive. It was too complicated.

There was a radio interview where it was brought up that one of the reasons Cam Newton was flourishing and doing well is because his offense was streamlined and easy to run which is one reason Carolina is undefeated. A crying shame because our defense is top five just like Carolina and one difference is they run an easy to run offense while our offense is too hard to master and complicated.

Now i think if our offense was easier to understand and run the players would be able to think less and play faster which would most likely help win more games. We could easily be sitting at 4-3 or better and most likely would be if not for Whisenhunt. Also if Mularkey is smart he will abandon the way Whisenhunt ran his systems and streamline things if he wants to truly change things and win.

Edited by MIKE75