Friday 8/2/13 Practice Report Tidbits

Mercalius

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim Miller and Keith Bulluck at Camp on NFL Radio.   Miller says: "I don't want to hear anyone say Jake Locker is inaccurate. When he sees the play, he puts it right on the money."   FU Adam Schei

McCourty getting abused worse than CMJ in a Portuguese whore house

This is the type of thing that really excites me and gives me hope. Someone who has been critical and is now really impressed with Locker this training camp.

Have you watched tebow throw? Have you read what ppl say about his accuracy?

Did you see how bad he threw when injured?

Lets celebrate the small but significant steps

This is one

The other iissues we can evaluate separately now

This is you simply you trying to rationalize Locker's accuracy issues. No one has ever questioned his mechanics. It's about decision making and mechanics during the heat of the moment. You cannot separate the two. Hell Bubby Brister could drop a football into a trash can from 50 yards out.

3HL guys praising Jake as looking "extremely comfortable" during the last week of practice.

Comment on quicker tempo.  Jake agrees, cites increased speed, and competitiveness of practice - makes it feel more like game situations.

Kenny Britt walks by during the interview and tells Jake he loves him, haha.

Jake with lots of praise for the receiving corp.

Says he spent offseason watching film - figuring out why he missed throws, whether he needed to move better in pocket, better footwork, etc.  Says he felt a lot better with a cleaner pocket, so figuring out how to operate better in traffic and give himself better opportunities.

*missed a good portion as I got a phone call* 

Jake says Palmer's offense last season has been successful, but it just takes everyone being on the same page.  Says it can be an excellent system, but it needs lots of repetition.  This system is much faster and you walk into a play knowing what you're going to do and where you're going.

Says he's going to do everything he can do to help the team win, then have fun when he gets on the field.  Win, lose or draw, he's going to give everything he has on game day and be proud of whatever results follow.

Avoids social media - as he doesn't have anything to gain from it.

Him and the wife and kid went to Washington to spend time w/ family during offseason.  Then went to California to vacation for a week, then came back to work on football.

This is you simply you trying to rationalize Locker's accuracy issues. No one has ever questioned his mechanics. It's about decision making and mechanics during the heat of the moment. You cannot separate the two. Hell Bubby Brister could drop a football into a trash can from 50 yards out.

Bullshit

You separate the pieces so can figure out he bad it is and if its fixable

It's logic and its basic problem solving

And plenty don't have the ability to use either so they lump it into general inaccuracy

Other Just said he's naturally inaccurate

He'll Oman compared locker to tebow today '

Jake with lots of praise for the receiving corp.

Says he spent offseason watching film - figuring out why he missed throws, whether he needed to move better in pocket, better footwork, etc.  Says he felt a lot better with a cleaner pocket, so figuring out how to operate better in traffic and give himself better opportunities.

*missed a good portion as I got a phone call* 

Jake says Palmer's offense last season has been successful, but it just takes everyone being on the same page.  Says it can be an excellent system, but it needs lots of repetition.  This system is much faster and you walk into a play knowing what you're going to do and where you're going.

Says he's going to do everything he can do to help the team win, then have fun when he gets on the field.  Win, lose or draw, he's going to give everything he has on game day and be proud of whatever results follow.

Avoids social media - as he doesn't have anything to gain from it.

Him and the wife and kid went to Washington to spend time w/ family during offseason.  Then went to California to vacation for a week, then came back to work on football.

good stuff Merc

Except that I didn't

I shot the idea down of how hard work can eventually lead to success, not always

Merc just posted the interview with Locker a few minutes ago with him saying he was watching film trying to figure out why he was missing throws. Too bad you didn't call in and argue with Locker himself and tell him he wasn't missing throws and explain to him he just didn't understand.

Bullshit

You separate the pieces so can figure out he bad it is and if its fixable

It's logic and its basic problem solving

And plenty don't have the ability to use either so they lump it into general inaccuracy

Other Just said he's naturally inaccurate

Come on. No one has ever questioned his mechanics and you know it. Clearly accuracy is much more than that or QB would be easy to play. You want Locker to succeed just like I do however you continue to ignore the issues. The only way Locker proves anything is on the field when the real games start.