Lions Waive Ameer Abdullah

tgo

Just now, Soxcat said:

Yea, we should go get a guy who sucks to upgrade our offense.

The Lions have been trying to get a good little guy to play RB for some dang reason for years.  Best was a dud and 1st round pick in 2010.  Abdullah was a 2nd round pick in 2015.  They now have Kerryon Johnson a real RB.   We have a guy on our PS better than Abdullah. 

I didn't say we should sign him to come here and start. He just fits the mold of the type of RB LaFleur has wanted since he got here and it's something I could see Robinson doing to bring him in as the 3rd or 4th RB. 

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Yea, we should go get a guy who sucks to upgrade our offense.

The Lions have been trying to get a good little guy to play RB for some dang reason for years.  Best was a dud and 1st round pick in 2010.  Abdullah was a 2nd round pick in 2015.  They now have Kerryon Johnson a real RB.   We have a guy on our PS better than Abdullah. 

Yeah, I forgot about all of the guys with sterling careers who are on the waiver wire.... This guy fits the mold of a backup to Lewis. Way more than Henry.  If they truly are afraid of Lewis going down at some point and being stuck with dancing Henry then maybe you look at the guy.  He's still on his rookie deal I think?

41 minutes ago, japan said:

Yes.  He would seem to fit the bill for a Lewis backup.  Not sure what his health status is.

From what I understand he's not very good at catching the ball in the backfield. At least not as good as Theo Riddick.

So I don't know if he's a good fit.

We may be better off with Henry.

Edited by big2033

7 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Despite your love of Henry....Henry is useful in short yardage and goaline.  Henry is also not that much different than Lewis in the same kind of game (catching passes working the edges).  Thus the assumption Abdullah is going to be better than Henry because he is little and fast (just like Lewis) makes no sense.  Bottom line is we are better off having the kid on the PS where he can be brought up when needed rather than using a roster spot for Abdullah. 

GTFO.  You lose all credibility here.