Butler Has Given Up Most Yardage And TD's In The NFL(Secondary Bad Overall)

MIKE75

13 hours ago, Tormentedrose said:

Stats based off of two games can be misleading.  Give it a minute before we decide.   We may have overpaid for him but it's not my money and he is still a huge upgrade regardless of whether he is a true shutdown corner or not.  

Yup. The Pats were on pace to be one of the worst pass defenses in NFL history by a longshot the first couple games of the season and then the players finally settled in and did their job

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's not lose track of the fact that last year around this time the Texans hung 57 points on the defense. So while Butler, and the rest of the secondary for that matter, may be having a few issues th

Fuller pushed off big time. Butler was in perfect position. Fuller extended his arm and pushed Butler. It was plain as day. Should have been OPI. The play in Miami was just a great throw and catch. Ye

I thought it was a bit strange yesterday that Adoree didn't match-up with Fuller and Butler on Hopkins every time. Butler just has a really difficult time with the speed guys like Fuller.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

You can never have too many CBs but I’d def rather see them use resources elsewhere and play Sims in the nickel, but what’s done is done 

I would have rather seen us use Reed and Sims for what they were drafted for and spent big money on the DL.

With that said I do think that may have been plan with going after Suh so hard, and since elite FA DL don't grow on trees this must have been plan B

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

I really think they double teamed the wrong guy most of that gameAs good as Hopkins is he is not the burner Fuller is.  Put your best CB on Hopkins and double the guy with the speed.  Point being we gave up way too many short to mid passes to Fuller because we respected his speed and didn't have help over the top.  It was easy for them to keep hitting him underneath the coverage.  At minimal mix it up some. 

Disagree completely on the bolded part. I would much rather have them single cover the tougher throw deep (along the sidelines) from a burner who will get past you at some point. You just have to have enough faith in the defense to make him make a great catch if they want that throw.

I do agree that we respected his speed a little too much but we don't have any guy on our team who can match with Deandre, it'd be a fucking nightmare to single-team him. I'd rather get beat by Fuller than see what Deandre would have done.

Do any of you ever stop and think how close we could've been ourselves to getting Bouye?

Maybe its just me but i would've paid a extra million or two for Bouye in free agency over Ryan.

Bouye and Jackson,Sims to me would've been just fine......

Like OMan said allocate Butler salary elsewere.

I like JRob but a few moves here or there and WE could be the ones with the dominate defense.

INstead of Butler imagine we do this....

Bouye and Jackson,Sims at CB

Pay to get a guy like Calais Campbell next to Casey instead of Butler

Why not?

Edited by MIKE75

Y’all realize there is literally a few inches that separates 108 yards on 2 catches for 2 TDS right?

both were perfect passes and maybe one or two inches from Butlers arm when he tries to break it up. Each time he was in perfect position. 

When those passes become batted you will be singing his praises

Asking a lot of the secondary when the pass rush is non-existent for large stretches. Was improved today from what I gathered, but still lacking. We need a blue chip draft pick or FA along the DLine. Suh would’ve been an awesome get - too bad LA were the competition. 

Edited by Aramis

13 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

But no one mentioning how Butler grabbed his shoulder pad. Lmao

They let em play on that one. And Butler got beat. 

No excuses for 12 million.

For that 12 mil we could have Bouye.

Would i take Bouye over Butler?   Yes without a doubt.

Sometimes you have to pay for shutdown product and didn't we attempt to get him at one point before he signed with Jax?

Bouye couldnt have cost much more than Butler