If Houston offered a 2016 2nd round pick for Mettenberger, would Titans take it?

9 Nines

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely.  To not take it would be a solid indictment on Webster.

I'd trade him to them in a heart beat. Plus we could get rid of all this trash on this board.

This thread is a solid attempt at trolling.

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

When did you call him a genius, it was this year

I wasn't calling him a coaching genius.  What I was trying to say is that I believe he knows talent.  I don't think he does a good job of adjusting to his players, though.

Just now, BergerKing said:

I don't know if he'll get the chance.  TN damn sure hasn't done him any favors. 

He's his worst enemy.  He had the chance last week to be a hero and he failed.  And that had nothing to do with his supporting cast.

1 minute ago, BergerKing said:

I don't know if he'll get the chance.  TN damn sure hasn't done him any favors. 

What other 6th round picks in league history have been given the chance to start 8 games in their first year and a half?

46 minutes ago, BergerKing said:

Completely the opposite actually.   I understand what I'm watching, more importantly not watching (real blocking/catching/executing). It's impossible to measure what a QB ison this team.  

This is the most absurd display of something being passed off as football as anything you'll ever see.  

Mett literally had no shot.  Titans bets in vegas should be over/under bets on mistakes & blunders by various TN offensive players.  Also on the number of shots whiz will dial up to hurt his Qb's.  It's laughable. 

It's not football.   

There was one sack Mett took where he held on to the ball for 6/7 seconds

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Quite possibly none.

Exactly. The notion this team hasn't done him any favors is ludicrous. 

He's had more of an opportunity to prove himself than most guys who get drafted way earlier. 

Last week was his chance and it turned out to be an absolute choke job.

It was hard to fathom him looking worse this week and it happened. 

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Exactly. The notion this team hasn't done him any favors is ludicrous. 

He's had more of an opportunity to prove himself than most guys who get drafted way earlier. 

Last week was his chance and it turned out to be an absolute choke job.

It was hard to fathom him looking worse this week and it happened. 

I just can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the coaching staff to look at the film and see Mettenberger missing wide open guys and either holding the ball too long or throwing to someone else.

I know for a fact he was missing guys left and right last week.  My guess is the same thing was happening today.

7 hours ago, abenjami said:

What other 6th round picks in league history have been given the chance to start 8 games in their first year and a half?

Oh come on, Mett has done everything he can to prove himself, except actually play well. What more do you want from him?

So if Mett's struggles can be blamed on the rest of the team, that to me makes Mariota look that much better. Because he has looked better than this level of play at QB the past two weeks. For certain, relatively speaking, Mariota has looked better. Not by a big margin mind you, but this is a genuine rookie QB without much "pro" offense experience, so it's not a trivial difference. The key now will be to try and escape him being broken by this staff and FO.

I'm sure if Mett played against 2nd/3rd stringers, he might be able to convert a 3rd down occasionally, or even put up some impressive yardage totals.

Our best chance is that he continues to only play against those guys, either in preseason games, or in blow-outs.