The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

I still say Jon transforms himself into a White Walker with the help of some Children and he battles the Night King for dominance, wins and takes the army North. Random but feels plausible and that feels like a bittersweet ending. True love loses.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

I still say Jon transforms himself into a White Walker with the help of some Children and he battles the Night King for dominance, wins and takes the army North. Random but feels plausible and that feels like a bittersweet ending. True love loses.

Not random at all - that is definitely on my board and I give it about as good a chance as anything as being how this all goes down. Maybe not the same specifics, but the general idea that the new truce is reached only by Jon becoming a white walker. He already chose the wildlings and north of the wall over the realm once, and he has died and been reborn once, so nothing about it would be out of character.

Where would that leave ghost, though? Ghost hates the white walkers and their army - in fact it seems like he was born to oppose them. Would he stay at Jon's side? Do all the direwolves die for the same reason as the dragons have to go - their purpose has been served?

Jon being the secret rightful heir to the Iron Throne all those years, I still tend to think he will end up being king (not Night King). They will need to destroy the army of the dead before they can move on Kings Landing so I don’t think the White Walkers will still exist when it’s all over with. 

Yeah that's the other roll I see as possible for Jon Snow. He is the one person in the entire world that can unite everyone - the north, the south, the wildlings, and even the White Walkers, as he is even re-born from the literal dead.

But my guess is the white walkers won't be totally wiped out, and that magic and the super natural will still exist in the world when the war is over.

Agree it would be pretty cheap for Brandon to be a cheat card. We know that how things ultimately end up is going to come from GMM himself, and you know he has known all along how it would end up, so it would seem like uncharateristically lazy writing for a super Brandon to save the day.

Jon ends up on the Iron Throne.

Dany, Drogon, Viserion and the Night King clash and die in an epic battle.

Jon and Ghost ride Rhaegal

Tirion is a bastard (Snow?  Sand?) and Jon's cousin.

Jamie kills Cersei

Mountain kills Jamie

Arya is running from....  Undead Hodor

Brandon / Three Eyed Raven continues to be boring.

Jon was resurrected through fire via Mel.  Assuming Jon is the same type of resurrected through fire guy as Beric Dondarrion, he can light his sword aflame by cutting his hand (meaning he has fire running through him?).  The Others extinguish flame and spread a deep chill with their presence.  So Jon is not going to be on their side as is.

-

Assuming rules from the books carry into the show, being resurrected through fire "burns" part of that person's existence.  The two in the books are left with a laser focus of their last desires.  Beric's mission was to protect the small folk of the Riverlands.  Stoneheart was to seek vengence on the Freys and Lannisters.  If the pattern holds true AND Jon is resurrected through fire by Mel in the books, then he will be laser focused on protecting the living at the Wall (I believe he was settling Wildlings in the Gift and manning various castles along the Wall with a mix of NW, Wildlings, and Stannis' men).

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Anyone think Jon being undead has some power / change in his relationship with wights or white walkers in and of itself?

Probably not in the show. 

The books might be more questionable. And there are plenty of “undead” characters (Jon, Stoneheart, Robert Strong, Coldhands). They were also brought back in different ways so that could also affect things. 

I wonder how eventful the first episode will be considering it's the last season and only 6 total episodes? In past seasons, the first episodes have been mostly dedicated to setting up the pieces and reconnecting us with the characters. With only 6 episodes left, I wonder if this will feel less like a traditional season premiere?