OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

my season 7 predictions.

Jorah dies saving Dany

Jon wont learn about his lineage until episode 2-3 (possibly later) where he needs to ride a dragon. .. in fact, i think he's forced to ride a dragon in order to save Dany and then everyone will have this "one true king" moment before he dies doing something stupid ... probably with him in her arms later. 

Jamie tries to kill Cersie and fails...later, possilby Jamie is burned together with Cersie and Bronn shoots him with a well placed arrow to end his pain

Clegane Bowl happens after cersei has lost but still alive. 

Kings Landing is burned to the ground with the hidden explosives underneath the city.. but not until the dead walkers are trapped inside... ending most of whats left of the war. 

Arya is killed by the faceless men right when shes about to do something important. Who was her fat friend? Faceless men are disguised as him. 

Tyrian wins the crown... sansa is still alive and serves with him. no one respects him and the assassination plans already begin as the series cuts to a close. 

Edited by titanruss

6 hours ago, titanruss said:

my season 7 predictions.

Jorah dies saving Dany

Jon wont learn about his lineage until episode 2-3 (possibly later) where he needs to ride a dragon. .. in fact, i think he's forced to ride a dragon in order to save Dany and then everyone will have this "one true king" moment before he dies doing something stupid ... probably with him in her arms later. 

Jamie tries to kill Cersie and fails...later, possilby Jamie is burned together with Cersie and Bronn shoots him with a well placed arrow to end his pain

Clegane Bowl happens after cersei has lost but still alive. 

Kings Landing is burned to the ground with the hidden explosives underneath the city.. but not until the dead walkers are trapped inside... ending most of whats left of the war. 

Arya is killed by the faceless men right when shes about to do something important. Who was her fat friend? Faceless men are disguised as him. 

Tyrian wins the crown... sansa is still alive and serves with him. no one respects him and the assassination plans already begin as the series cuts to a close. 

I like this. 

Needs some Greyjoys and Mel. 

On 3/11/2019 at 12:38 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

The run times of the first two episodes have been revealed as being 54 minutes (ep.1) and 58 minutes (ep.2). It's disappointing, but Spoils of War was one of their best episodes and it was 50 minutes, which I think is the shortest episode they've had. Quality over quantity is always welcome.

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/03/10/runtimes-first-two-episodes-game-thrones-season-8-revealed/amp/

Season 8, Episode 1
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, Episode 2
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, Episode 3
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, Episode 4
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, Episode 5
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, Episode 6
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

Will the Night King still be able to raise the dead once he crosses over the magical barriers imbued within the wall's foundation?

That is the only hope the southerners have IYAM, shy of killing him early.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Will the Night King still be able to raise the dead once he crosses over the magical barriers imbued within the wall's foundation?

That is the only hope the southerners have IYAM, shy of killing him early.

I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to. Presumably the magic is all in the barrier itself. Once they pass south of the Wall I assume they’d have the same powers, just like the wights are still “alive” when they are brought south of the Wall. 

I’d guess his powers wouldn’t work through the Wall. In the books, Jon couldn’t warg into Ghost when they were on opposite sides of the Wall. But without the Wall in the way, there shouldn’t be any constraints. 

They will just have to stop him before he gets past Winterfell and hits the more populated parts of Westeros. . 

Jonboy   

Last season, they went out of their way to show how when a white walker dies, all the wights created by that white walker immediately die with them. I'd say that will play a pretty big role in Jon's tactics for the battle. 

I'm anxious to see how Dany tries to protect the dragons in the battle. Obviously she won't just let them fly into battle given what happened to Viserion. Dragon armor?

I could see her trying to not use them at all for a bit until Jon convinces her otherwise. She'll finally relent, but only under the condition that Jon takes Rhaegal. I'm betting the shot of them walking to the dragons in the trailer is when she's finally agreed and Jon is going to ride Rhaegal for the first time.

10 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Last season, they went out of their way to show how when a white walker dies, all the wights created by that white walker immediately die with them. I'd say that will play a pretty big role in Jon's tactics for the battle. 

I'm anxious to see how Dany tries to protect the dragons in the battle. Obviously she won't just let them fly into battle given what happened to Viserion. Dragon armor?

I could see her trying to not use them at all for a bit until Jon convinces her otherwise. She'll finally relent, but only under the condition that Jon takes Rhaegal. I'm betting the shot of them walking to the dragons in the trailer is when she's finally agreed and Jon is going to ride Rhaegal for the first time.

I heard an interesting theory on a podcast that, in the end, it would come down to an aerial battle on dragonback. And more specifically it could end up like the Battle Above the Gods Eye, where one dragon rider lept off his dragon to kill the other dragon rider with his Valyrian steel sword.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Battle_Above_the_Gods_Eye

you know whats gonna happen... fucking sansa is gonna be the winner because everyone else kills each other off. 

On 3/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, Starkiller said:

I heard an interesting theory on a podcast that, in the end, it would come down to an aerial battle on dragonback. And more specifically it could end up like the Battle Above the Gods Eye, where one dragon rider lept off his dragon to kill the other dragon rider with his Valyrian steel sword.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Battle_Above_the_Gods_Eye

I averted my eyes to this because damn any potential spoilers!!!

Don't oldschool me, man.

28 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I averted my eyes to this because damn any potential spoilers!!!

Don't oldschool me, man.

Ha, no spoilers. Pure speculation based on the possibility of history repeating. 

15 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

That's why I refuse to study history.  It ruins the major events of life.  

Remind me not to tell you all about the holocaust in Nazi Germany. That's something you just gotta experience for yourself. It really informs your sense of being alive.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Remind me not to tell you all about the holocaust in Nazi Germany. That's something you just gotta experience for yourself. It really informs your sense of being alive.

The Cambodian genocide was also pretty ...death affirming.  Oh!  And Rwanda was a nice set piece for the same story.  I thought Bosnia was a bit contrived.  And don't get me started on Darfur - how many times do we need to retell the same story with just different characters?  Ugh.  

14 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I like seeing the behind the scenes of this.  Him describing the death of Ned as "us trying to be clever" and the problems it caused going into season 2 is stupid.  This guy had no imput into whether Ned lived or died.  That's all GRRM.  Sure, this director guy is part of GoT, but he needs to be honest with laying claim to things - he's about the visual interpretation of the events, not the events themselves.