Which player are you hoping will be our 1st round pick in '24 so far?

kyle021

If it's a QB and I am assuming Williams is gone then I pray the team makes a play to move up for Drake Maye. I think he is special. 

If it's not a move for a QB then I can't help but get excited at the thought of either Brock Bowers at TE, Kool-Aid Mckinstry at CB, Chop Robinson at EDGE, or Emeka Egbuka at WR

34 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

If it's a QB and I am assuming Williams is gone then I pray the team makes a play to move up for Drake Maye. I think he is special. 

If it's not a move for a QB then I can't help but get excited at the thought of either Brock Bowers at TE, Kool-Aid Mckinstry at CB, Chop Robinson at EDGE, or Emeka Egbuka at WR

Well Kyle, I noticed the 2023 season started two weeks ago.  I was anxiously awaiting your analysis of our draft needs.  How many games do we need to lose to stick and pick. Maye?  I was excited about seeing how the team does this season.  I appreciate you getting my mind right and thinking about what's really important.  The 2024 NFL Draft.

Maybe we could start doing some mock drafts on Sundays?

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Well Kyle, I noticed the 2023 season started two weeks ago.  I was anxiously awaiting your analysis of our draft needs.  How many games do we need to lose to stick and pick. Maye?  I was excited about seeing how the team does this season.  I appreciate you getting my mind right and thinking about what's really important.  The 2024 NFL Draft.

Maybe we could start doing some mock drafts on Sundays?

Stfu

If you follow college football like most fans do then you undoubtedly have a handful of favorite players you want to see on your team and that's what I'm asking

And to answer your question we would need to lose a lot more than we will to be in position to draft Maye. 

Needs to be someone on OL imo. If there is a chance of getting Fashanu you absolutely pull the trigger but hopefully the Titans won’t be drafting that high, and if they are they will probably go QB. Alt from ND would also be a good pick for the OL.

If they go defense the biggest need is probably corner or safety.  Kool-Aid would be an awesome corner to draft. He will go top 10 though. Someone like Dejean from Iowa who can play every spot on the secondary would fit the best in the Titans defense. Byard is aging and his contract is almost up so Kinchens wouldn’t be a bad pick at FS to put a quality player behind him(or potentially replace him because they have an out next year in Byards contract)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doubtful we draft a Free safety in the first round, but I was doubtful we'd draft a guard.. so we'll see.. but I suspect it will be a LT or a CB..we have limited draft capital right now (a 1,2,4,7 I believe) so hoping we maybe pick up some by trading back..

On 10/5/2023 at 8:16 AM, Nash said:

I'm doubtful we draft a Free safety in the first round, but I was doubtful we'd draft a guard.. so we'll see.. but I suspect it will be a LT or a CB..we have limited draft capital right now (a 1,2,4,7 I believe) so hoping we maybe pick up some by trading back..

Without a doubt WR has to be the highest priority next to LT.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen so far, Williams aside, Fashanu and it's not really close.

Heard sketchy reviews about Alt, and Latham and Mims are RT's.

Fashunu feels like the LT prospect that's in a class of his own. Snag a falling WR at the top of round 2.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:24 AM, Thumbtack said:

Without a doubt WR has to be the highest priority next to LT.

Agreed with potentially QB if they are picking high enough. Something I would do if we are picking high enough is take a top player in the 1st. Let’s say Fashanu for example. I would then turn around and trade our 2nd, 4th, and three 7th rounders (as well as many another pick in 2025) to move back into the 1st to get one of the WRs left on the board (Nabers, Coleman, Odunze, Egbuka, Legette, Mitchell, or Worthy). Get two legit top offensive pieces in this draft and then focus the rest of the resources on creating the best undrafted free agency class you can. Why do this? We have the cap space to be a little more aggressive and make sure we are adding true talent and different makers to the team. 

6 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Agreed with potentially QB if they are picking high enough. Something I would do if we are picking high enough is take a top player in the 1st. Let’s say Fashanu for example. I would then turn around and trade our 2nd, 4th, and three 7th rounders (as well as many another pick in 2025) to move back into the 1st to get one of the WRs left on the board (Nabers, Coleman, Odunze, Egbuka, Legette, Mitchell, or Worthy). Get two legit top offensive pieces in this draft and then focus the rest of the resources on creating the best undrafted free agency class you can. Why do this? We have the cap space to be a little more aggressive and make sure we are adding true talent and different makers to the team. 

If we walk away with a combination of

Fashanu/Alt

Nabers/Coleman/Odunze/Egbuka/Legette

I'll be happy

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bondra316v2 said:

So let's say the very possible happens and we lose to the Panthers this week and end up with the number 2 overall pick.  Do you trade down or take a QB, WR, or OT?

I take MHJ unless I'm blown away with a trade offer.

WOWWWW. That would be tough. I think I try to get whomever is #3 to trade up one spot to secure the QB they want. In 2017, the Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick. If we could get that deal and then still have our pick of MHJ, Fashanu, or Alt, that would be the most ideal situation.