Ran Carthon hired as the new Titans GM

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His chin could quiver 24/7 and we would never know.

WOWOWOW    All Hail Ran Carthon, Top 5 NFL GM

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Or the alternative path.....Working for the Rams and watching Fisherball crash and burn and then going to SF and seeing Shanahan show you how it's done and done well - even if you don't have an elite superstar QB.

The 49ers run/pass conflict approach is definitely superior as far as running based offenses go, but it is a zone run based run first scheme foundationally. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

The 49ers run/pass conflict approach is definitely superior as far as running based offenses go, but it is a zone run based run first scheme foundationally. 

They are the team I’ve said we should model ourselves after and used as an example how we could be more creative on offense while being run heavy

52 minutes ago, tgo said:

Of the three finalists, Carthon is the "Leader of Men" 

I was listening to one of his interviews recently and he said since he was a little kid he'd go through all the draft magazines while his dad was coaching and dream about building teams and such. Has wanted to be a GM since he was like 5 years old. 

pretty sure every kid did that

3 minutes ago, Amy said:

So Ran’s father was the Chiefs Asst HC when Vrabel was there so there is a connection and he probably had a say 

One of Vrabel's key influences is Scott Pioli....who's married to Bill Parcell's daughter and Maurice Carthon was a Parcells guy as a player and coach too.....Lots of connections.  

I really liked what I read about Cunningham but I think he is likely a better fit with a young offensive coach. Cathorn is perfect for Vrabel from the outside looking in. He is not a guy who will be walked over and is also coming from a defensive oriented team who builds their offense around pure speed and deception. 

I love it.