Giants fire OC Jason Garrett

AussieTitanFan08

Gattett is a scapegoat for sure. Were the playcalls great? IDK...I'm not a coach. But Jones is just bad this year. Will he get better? Probably. He flashes. But this year has been ROUGH for him, and I don't think that was Garrett's fault. 

I wonder if Joe Judge will be fired at season’s end.  This is usually a desperation move.  Has any Belichick coach worked?  And no Vrabel is not from the Belichick tree but he would be the only one

9 minutes ago, Amy said:

I wonder if Joe Judge will be fired at season’s end.  This is usually a desperation move.  Has any Belichick coach worked?  And no Vrabel is not from the Belichick tree but he would be the only one

Even with Vrabel, the answer is no.

Reports today are that Nagy will be fired after the Bears Thanksgiving game. They were talking about it on Sirius, but it's still just a rumor (From a good source, but stilll....). This would be odd to tell a coach before he has a game but maybe it's because of the holidays. We'll see. 

48 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Reports today are that Nagy will be fired after the Bears Thanksgiving game. They were talking about it on Sirius, but it's still just a rumor (From a good source, but stilll....). This would be odd to tell a coach before he has a game but maybe it's because of the holidays. We'll see. 

That would be crazy after drafting Fields. Is the Gm that drafted Trubisky still there? I'd say that dude should go before Nagy goes. The bears can't protect their QB so they cant run the Reid offense. Not that I think Nagy is a good coach but seems crazy to fire him midseason with a rookie QB who wasn't ready to play.

44 minutes ago, oldschool said:

That would be crazy after drafting Fields. Is the Gm that drafted Trubisky still there? I'd say that dude should go before Nagy goes. The bears can't protect their QB so they cant run the Reid offense. Not that I think Nagy is a good coach but seems crazy to fire him midseason with a rookie QB who wasn't ready to play.

Ryan Pace?  He's still the Bears GM.  So he survived the Trubisky decision.  Honestly, they should have flushed both guys after last year.  A bit surprised they brought them both back this year.

Head coaches are fired way too often IMO.  Success in this league is so highly dependent on the QB position and most of these guys only get a short window to succeed with a guy they didn't hand pick before getting blamed and fired.

It's an insane way to run a business if you really think about it.  What teams should be doing is focusing on drafting/acquiring as many QB's as possible until they are 100% sure they have a proven winner.

Both the Giants and Jets passed on Tua and Herbert because they had recently taken Haskins and Daniel Jones.

What the Cardinals did was smart.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Arizona also canned the coach too but I agree with you - no sense wasting time on a dud.

It's not always possible to recognize a dud right away though.  QB's rarely come into the league and prove themselves right away.  Lately most of the younger guys who are successful are guys who can run.  It takes years to develop a passing QB.  Teams should be trying to groom 2-3 of them at the same time and let the best man win the long term job.

Imagine if guys like Lamar or Hurts weren't so mobile and had to try to operate a real offense like Burrow or like Baker Mayfield has been failing at.  They would be getting roasted and probably cut already.