Gil Brandt Teams Better/Worse Than Their Record.

Number9

57 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

This is not the best team the franchise has ever had talent wise.  JFC.  One could argue that the offense is one of their best but the talent on D is nothing compared to 99-03 or 2008.....And that's not even going back to the Oilers days.

The same flaws this team has are the same fucking flaws they had last year.  They can't rush the passer.  The fact that the defense ran into a horrid NE offense and Lamar last year skewed you idiots into thinking the defense was some juggernaut. 

“One of the best teams the titans have had” is what I meant. They supposedly addressed the pass rush issues on the offseason. Then proceeded to never rotate fresh bodies in on dline causing one player to ask for a trade. Coaching and scheme are the main flaws on DST. Stop acting foolish. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill's completion percentage before the Houston game: 70%   Tannehill's completition percentage since the Houston game: 56%   Tannehill's touchdown and interceptions aren't al

Every team has injuries. Not hiring a DC was the biggest failure of the offseason. I like Vrabel as a HC but If he refuses to hire a DC again this offseason he needs to be given the Mularkey treatment

Posted Images

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

No one is disagreeing with you. I’m not saying it’s all on the scheme or the secondary. I’m saying the system isn’t working and needs to change immediately because on the whole it’s been shit. 

And it isn’t instances as you say. It’s almost every single QB who is releasing quicker than any other opponent they face. That is a fact. Deal with it. Only one of the things can be changed in this circumstance, because it isn’t personnel. 

I'm not saying it's all pass rush but it's undeniable that the pass rush was the biggest personnel issue with the defense and it's as bad or worse than it was last year. 

BTW, the whole "seconds before the pass is released" is one of the most misleading and useless stats out there with the advent of bubble screens and boot passes we see across the league.  Anyone who understands the game knows that in an obvious passing situation that requires a 5 step drop, the Titans are at a disadvantage if they simply rush 3 or 4, especially if they are facing a good QB.

4 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

“One of the best teams the titans have had” is what I meant. They supposedly addressed the pass rush issues on the offseason. Then proceeded to never rotate fresh bodies in on dline causing one player to ask for a trade. Coaching and scheme are the main flaws on DST. Stop acting foolish. 

What you meant (sure BTW) and what you said were vastly different.  And while they supposedly fixed these issues, they in fact did not.  Beasley was a complete bust and Clowney, while making some plays here and there, has not done much of anything in terms of pass rush.  BTW Correa wasn't ever a pass rusher.  He was a good run defender, which is why as a OLB in a 3-4 that he's on his 3rd team.

The bottom line is that the attempts to fix it personnel wise failed and thus they have the same issues they had last year.  Unless the offense produces at an elite efficiency level, they are capable of losing to any team with a decent passing game.

15 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

I'm not saying it's all pass rush but it's undeniable that the pass rush was the biggest personnel issue with the defense and it's as bad or worse than it was last year. 

BTW, the whole "seconds before the pass is released" is one of the most misleading and useless stats out there with the advent of bubble screens and boot passes we see across the league.  Anyone who understands the game knows that in an obvious passing situation that requires a 5 step drop, the Titans are at a disadvantage if they simply rush 3 or 4, especially if they are facing a good QB.

You keep inching closer to the fact it’s a shitshow and then step back. I’m not sure why that is the case. You started off well.

The stat I noted is relative to other teams each QB faces. Do those same QBs not have the exact same routes available to them against different defenses? You’re bordering on retard. Stop before you get there. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They’re getting to the passer. We have 2 of the top 20 pressure players in the league. The problem is that almost every QB we’ve faced has released the ball quicker against us than any other team they’ve played. 

To me this is because our DBs give too much cushion. We are daring QBs to throw short, quick passes, and they do it all day long against us. What's frustrating is that we are even doing it when facing teams (like Pittsburgh) that ONLY have a short game. If you know the opposing QB can't go deep, why are we playing deep?? Just moronic.

8 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You keep inching closer to the fact it’s a shitshow and then step back. I’m not sure why that is the case. You started off well.

The stat I noted is relative to other teams each QB faces. Do those same QBs not have the exact same routes available to them against different defenses? You’re bordering on retard. Stop before you get there. 

Nope.  As bad as the defense has been in some areas, they are 17th in scoring defense and near the top in turnovers forced so calling it a shit show is typical fan retardation/overreaction.   Not to mention the 3rd down defense of late has been better since they upgraded the corners.

You can keep on citing meaningless metrics all you want but things like push passes (forward handoff), bubble screens, and quick one read passes to the flat (all common plays nowadays) make "time to throw" worthless. 

If the Titans have to defend 3rd and long and rush 4, it's going to be a problem.  Just like last year. 

1 minute ago, HollyHeap said:

Nope.  As bad as the defense has been in some areas, they are 17th in scoring defense and near the top in turnovers forced so calling it a shit show is typical fan retardation/overreaction.   Not to mention the 3rd down defense of late has been better since they upgraded the corners.

You can keep on citing meaningless metrics all you want but things like push passes (forward handoff), bubble screens, and quick one read passes to the flat (all common plays nowadays) make "time to throw" worthless. 

If the Titans have to defend 3rd and long and rush 4, it's going to be a problem.  Just like last year. 

You’re going full retard continuing to talk about the time release of opposing QBs by not understanding relativity. 

And once again, no one is saying pass rush is a strength dum dum. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You’re going full retard continuing to talk about the time release of opposing QBs by not understanding relativity. 

And once again, no one is saying pass rush is a strength dum dum. 

No......... I'm saying that the time to throw stat you claim to throw out there is relatively worthless because the nature of the passes that are immediate from the snap compared to 5 to 7 step drop passes that skew the average.  Time to throw is relevant when the down/distance situation dictates that it is. 

The biggest issue with the Titans defense has been their 3rd and long defense where there have been multiple factors - soft coverage with scrub corners, poor tackling in general and especially with said scrub corners, and of course the lack of an effective pass rush from the front 4.   Because of better CB play of late since the purge of Joseph and Chris Jackson, the 3rd down % is better but the elephant in the room is pass rush - especially against a good passing team.  Hard to imagine the pass rush being fixable at this point aside from blitzing, which of course is great when you get there and usually bad when you don't.

4 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

No......... I'm saying that the time to throw stat you claim to throw out there is relatively worthless because the nature of the passes that are immediate from the snap compared to 5 to 7 step drop passes that skew the average.  Time to throw is relevant when the down/distance situation dictates that it is. 

The biggest issue with the Titans defense has been their 3rd and long defense where there have been multiple factors - soft coverage with scrub corners, poor tackling in general and especially with said scrub corners, and of course the lack of an effective pass rush from the front 4.   Because of better CB play of late since the purge of Joseph and Chris Jackson, the 3rd down % is better but the elephant in the room is pass rush - especially against a good passing team.  Hard to imagine the pass rush being fixable at this point aside from blitzing, which of course is great when you get there and usually bad when you don't.

I’m going to keep harping on the fact you don’t seem to understand relativity. Our defense isn’t just allowing QBs to throw quickly relative to the league (they are), they’re allowing QBs to throw quicker against us than every opponent they face. 

Get it? It means we are almost never taking away their first read. That’s a scheme issue, which goes back to my original point. You continue to not get a simple point and I will continue to say the same thing until

you get the point. 

I would agree that you both have a point.  There have been times when the ball is short of the 1st down marker and the awful tackling just allowed the 1st down.  But watching that Colts game it seemed like the Colts got a lot of 7 and 8 yard gains on our soft coverage,  leading to a lot of 3rd and 4th and shorts.  I'd probably lean toward the coverage/scheme argument at this point.

23 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m going to keep harping on the fact you don’t seem to understand relativity. Our defense isn’t just allowing QBs to throw quickly relative to the league (they are), they’re allowing QBs to throw quicker against us than every opponent they face. 

Get it? It means we are almost never taking away their first read. That’s a scheme issue, which goes back to my original point. You continue to not get a simple point and I will continue to say the same thing until

you get the point. 

Wrong.  It's simply a meaningless piece of information as a metric because it's an average.  BTW, I'm sure you don't realize that Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Foles are 1, 4, and 5 in TT so this idea that it's only happening to the Titans is inherently false when it's a 9 or 10 game sample. 

You're just mad because you falsely claimed the Titans pressure rate was good when it's in fact 30th overall.  Then you tried to cling to this meaningless metric when it isn't applicable.

The majority of the defense's struggles have been personnel or execution based.  While they have certainly improved on things, such as 3rd down D, it's a WIP and their biggest weakness is still generating a pass rush without blitzing - something there's no fix for unlike CB with King, Borders, and hopefully Adoree coming back.

4 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

Wrong.  It's simply a meaningless piece of information as a metric because it's an average.  BTW, I'm sure you don't realize that Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Foles are 1, 4, and 5 in TT so this idea that it's only happening to the Titans is inherently false when it's a 9 or 10 game sample. 

You're just mad because you falsely claimed the Titans pressure rate was good when it's in fact 30th overall.  Then you tried to cling to this meaningless metric when it isn't applicable.

The majority of the defense's struggles have been personnel or execution based.  While they have certainly improved on things, such as 3rd down D, it's a WIP and their biggest weakness is still generating a pass rush without blitzing - something there's no fix for unlike CB with King, Borders, and hopefully Adoree coming back.

This is a pretty funny interaction. 

I never claimed the pass rush was good. I noted a stat about Clowney and Landry. 

You can continue on being an idiot about the defense and blaming it strictly on execution. It’s fine. Once you make a statement you’re too stupid to back off of it. That’s your M.O. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is a pretty funny interaction. 

I never claimed the pass rush was good. I noted a stat about Clowney and Landry. 

You can continue on being an idiot about the defense and blaming it strictly on execution. It’s fine. Once you make a statement you’re too stupid to back off of it. That’s your M.O. 

Again you are lying.  I've never said it was strictly execution and nothing else.  Not once.  Now in some cases, personnel limitations dictated what the Titans were doing schematically.  That being said, the majority of their issues have been players missing tackles, getting blocked, or blowing assignments.  

But the sad, cold reality for you is that the same scheme the team is running is the same one they ran in 2018 and 2019.  Same concepts/philosophy.  Unfortunately, the team's moves to fix their pass rush personnel wise have failed and they certainly didn't plan for the CB situation to play out like it did but thankfully they did make moves to address it and it's been improved in the two games.

This idea that the coaching staff is full of morons without Pees is the hill you want to die on.  For you and the other tard fans, that's fine but you better be calling for Robinson and Vrabel to be fired because it's the team and scheme that they built.

12 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

Again you are lying.  I've never said it was strictly execution and nothing else.  Not once.  Now in some cases, personnel limitations dictated what the Titans were doing schematically.  That being said, the majority of their issues have been players missing tackles, getting blocked, or blowing assignments.  

But the sad, cold reality for you is that the same scheme the team is running is the same one they ran in 2018 and 2019.  Same concepts/philosophy.  Unfortunately, the team's moves to fix their pass rush personnel wise have failed and they certainly didn't plan for the CB situation to play out like it did but thankfully they did make moves to address it and it's been improved in the two games.

This idea that the coaching staff is full of morons without Pees is the hill you want to die on.  For you and the other tard fans, that's fine but you better be calling for Robinson and Vrabel to be fired because it's the team and scheme that they built.

You look like an idiot right now. I’ll end it there.