Star Wars Episode IX

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The teaser got me hyped    

I am certainly in the minority, but I really enjoyed Solo and thought it and Rogue One were far better than the sequel and prequel trilogies. 

TLJ sucks ass and if Disney were smart they wouldn't let that piece of shit director anywhere near Starwars again. Lol at using the campiness of the previous movies as an excuse. Johnson told a shitty

46 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Big mistake

Ehhh if they wanted him so bad they should have done this from the start... his biggest issue is that he wanted to do things so much his way to the detriment of everything before him

there were obvious a bit too many WTF moments to feel really good about this separate trilogy but at least it’s an identity of its own from start to finish

4 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Ehhh if they wanted him so bad they should have done this from the start... his biggest issue is that he wanted to do things so much his way to the detriment of everything before him

there were obvious a bit too many WTF moments to feel really good about this separate trilogy but at least it’s an identity of its own from start to finish

Yeah and it sucked

I like Johnson and I’m good with him having his own trilogy. Give him a mostly blank canvas with all new characters and I think that is a different story.

But he shouldn’t have been put in charge of the last movie. He took a hard left on the story that JJ Abrams set in motion. There was too much shit in that last film.

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I like Johnson and I’m good with him having his own trilogy. Give him a mostly blank canvas with all new characters and I think that is a different story.

But he shouldn’t have been put in charge of the last movie. He took a hard left on the story that JJ Abrams set in motion. There was too much shit in that last film.

Yeah. LOL at someone just whining that “it sucked”

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

There was too much film in that last shit.

TLJ is not only a trash Star Wars movie... it's just a trash movie period. The plot devices and storytelling were all a horrible joke: bombs, from the OP bomber that survived when no other bomber could, that could obey gravity in outer space, Carrie Poppins, the ridiculous idea that the big bad Snoke ship couldn't possibly get into range enough to blow the rebel ship away, Rose n' Finn 4eva, Luke the milk farmer, Luke the nephew-murderer, the big Snoking Burger, force-Skyping, the million mile holograms, Finn the 4th wallbreaking annoying-as-fuck discount Solo, Porg-shaming Chewy for being a hungry ass Wookie, neutered Yoda, Benicio Del-Waste-O, 2 second Orgasmo, etc etc etc.

Johnson is a self-righteous hack who cared more about showing everyone how subversive he can be instead of making a good movie that actually made any fucking sense. I hope his trilogy is a massive failure.

But not all is lost... we still have Benioff and Weiss' trilogy to look forward to. That I will definitely be rooting for.

I love all the movies from the lastest ones (Force Awakens and beyond). Solo was a cheesy popcorn muncher, with not much re-watch value, but still very enjoyable.

I would put Rogue One and The Last Jedi as two of my favorites of all time.

My personal ranking would probably go:

Empire

ROTJ

Rogue One

A New Hope

The Last Jedi

Force Awakens

Revenge of the Sith

Solo

Episode 2

Episode 1

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

I love all the movies from the lastest ones (Force Awakens and beyond). Solo was a cheesy popcorn muncher, with not much re-watch value, but still very enjoyable.

I would put Rogue One and The Last Jedi as two of my favorites of all time.

My personal ranking would probably go:

Empire

ROTJ

Rogue One

A New Hope

The Last Jedi

Force Awakens

Revenge of the Sith

Solo

Episode 2

Episode 1

Love 'em.  They're not good movies.  The stories are thin.  Sometimes the acting isn't great.  Some of the peripheral characters are just bad.  Other peripheral characters are straight up annoying (I'm looking straight at you Jar Jar).  Other still, peripheral characters are infuriating (a planet full of annoying teddy bears).  BUT, still, I love all of the movies.  They're just fun.  Very fun. I got chills watching the new trailer, just like all the other trailers I've ever seen.  I turn into a kid again. I don't understand the people hating on these movies.  They're not meant to be good, they're meant to be fun.  Don't take yourself so serious.

49 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Love 'em.  They're not good movies.  The stories are thin.  Sometimes the acting isn't great.  Some of the peripheral characters are just bad.  Other peripheral characters are straight up annoying (I'm looking straight at you Jar Jar).  Other still, peripheral characters are infuriating (a planet full of annoying teddy bears).  BUT, still, I love all of the movies.  They're just fun.  Very fun. I got chills watching the new trailer, just like all the other trailers I've ever seen.  I turn into a kid again. I don't understand the people hating on these movies.  They're not meant to be good, they're meant to be fun.  Don't take yourself so serious.

I would agree, although IMO Rogue One was legitimately a very good movie. And The Last Jedi was good also. I was shocked to learn months after I saw The Last Jedi that there was so much hate for it. 

2 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I would agree, although IMO Rogue One was legitimately a very good movie. And The Last Jedi was good also. I was shocked to learn months after I saw The Last Jedi that there was so much hate for it. 

Yeah, I broad stroked a bit.  Rogue One was a very good movie with an actual story.  I really liked Solo as a movie as well.  But that's not the point, they're fun dammit!!!  FUN!!!

None of these movie have ever been good. Since the 70s, they have been average at best in acting and other areas, but they are just fun escapism.

An unfortunate after-effect lingering since 9/11 has been that every movie has to be gritty, brooding, and have tons of grey area/ambiguous stuff. When we see a movie that has, essentially black and white good/bad guys (Kylo is sorta grey), and a clear mission with objectives, we don't like it now it seems.

2 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

None of these movie have ever been good. Since the 70s, they have been average at best in acting and other areas, but they are just fun escapism.

An unfortunate after-effect lingering since 9/11 has been that every movie has to be gritty, brooding, and have tons of grey area/ambiguous stuff. When we see a movie that has, essentially black and white good/bad guys (Kylo is sorta grey), and a clear mission with objectives, we don't like it now it seems.

That's a very good point and I pretty much totally agree EXCEPT to say that, under any measure, Rogue One was a legitimately good movie.