Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

tgo   

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but Biden met with Abrams recently and still wants to announce a VP candidate out of the gate. This is a pretty formidable option. 

This would lock up the Southern black vote right out of the gate in the primary, or at least a large portion. 

Their goal is to basically take total control of the primary. 

Biden and McAuliffe had dinner last week, and he has the keys to all the big money Dem donors and the Clinton donor network. Maybe McAuliffe will decide not to run (he says a decision is coming soon) and back Biden. 

tgo   

I don’t see any of these half ass candidates beating Biden. And Trump won’t beat him either. 

Biden is the only one that can solidly win the rust belt in a general other than someone like Klobuchar who has no chance anywhere else in the primary. 

Edited by tgo

Biden is not the only candidate that beats Trump in popular vote polling. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

I find it hard to believe he's beating Bernie with millennials. In all the polls I've seen it's similar to this CNN poll from today. Biden is popular with older people and Bernie with younger people.

tgo   

@Titans279

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/joe-biden-leads-2020-democrats-in-millennial-support-poll-finds/

“Former Vice President Joe Biden, who is mulling a White House bid, leads declared and potential Democratic presidential candidates in support among millennial voters, according to a new poll of adults between the ages of 18 and 34.”

Believe it! 

Edited by tgo

tgo   

Btw, I fall within that demographic and will be supporting Biden vigorously. 

tgo   
7 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

If Biden says right off the bat Abrams is his running mate, then I could jump on board pretty easy. 

There's a lot of speculation out there that this could happen, but it may just be that she'll endorse him out of the gate. 

I heard her say a couple weeks back "I can't see myself running for president until 2028" which I thought was pretty strange. Maybe just assuming that a Dem will win and then get re-elected and showing confidence in that. But read into that what you will. 

Edited by tgo

36 minutes ago, tgo said:

There's a lot of speculation out there that this could happen, but it may just be that she'll endorse him out of the gate. 

I heard her say a couple weeks back "I can't see myself running for president until 2028" which I thought was pretty strange. Maybe just assuming that a Dem will win and then get re-elected and showing confidence in that. But read into that what you will. 

Or Biden runs for one term with her as heir apparent? 

With his age I could see that 

30 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Biden has the best shot. It becomes a virtual lock if he picks Abrams or O'Rourke as VP. Hopefully the crunchies dont force Bernie or Warren down our throats.

Warren would be a fine VP. Policy wonk kinda like Gore was at the time.  Could help party unity but doesn’t help Biden’s biggest weakness right now which is his age 

Mythos27   
36 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Biden has the best shot. It becomes a virtual lock if he picks Abrams or O'Rourke as VP. Hopefully the crunchies dont force Bernie or Warren down our throats.

This is funny considering most of us are still trying to vomit out the chunks of Hillary you guys forced down our throats.