Legaltitan

OFFICIAL Biden thread, since it looks like he's getting in

13 hours ago, Little Earl said:

How is he behind the times?  It is a gateway to stronger destructive drugs.  

Weed is also addictive, destructive and dangerous - https://www.cnbc.com/id/36465700.

It is in no way a gateway drug. Stfu with your reefer madness bullshit. Quoting an 8 year old opinion piece lmao.

Edited by WG53

Between Trump lying constantly and appealing to darker angels, Biden's occasional gaffes while appealing to our better side is actually going to play quite well, it will make for a great contrast.

Nothing that has happened recently has made me think this, so I am not reacting. I actually thought of posting  this last week.

I am calling my shot again: if it is Biden vs. Trump in a 1 on 1 match-up, Trump will win a second term.

Nice.  Guess Trump is just an asshole, derp!

President Trump on Monday called Joe Biden a "low I.Q. individual" after the former vice president had a slip of the tongue and nearly announced he was running for president in 2020.

"Joe Biden got tongue tied over the weekend when he was unable to properly deliver a very simple line about his decision to run for President," Trump tweeted. "Get used to it, another low I.Q. individual!"

I can't wait for the primaries.  The debates should be really good.  Joe is a likeable guy but I don't know if he'll be able to keep up when they start going hard at the policy.  I think some of these intellectuals might expose just how little average politicians understand the issues they supposedly support.  

Still, Biden is no dummy and he's likeable so it should be interesting.  

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

I can't wait for the primaries.  The debates should be really good.  Joe is a likeable guy but I don't know if he'll be able to keep up when they start going hard at the policy.  I think some of these intellectuals might expose just how little average politicians understand the issues they supposedly support.  

Still, Biden is no dummy and he's likeable so it should be interesting.  

You are making the same mistake mythos is in thinking the average voter cares about policy. Most of the sheep on both sides don't care. They eat up the whole "middle class joe"  schtick. Think about it. If voters truly cared about policy debates, Clinton would have gotten 90% of the vote in 2016.

27 minutes ago, oldschool said:

You are making the same mistake mythos is in thinking the average voter cares about policy. Most of the sheep on both sides don't care. They eat up the whole "middle class joe"  schtick. Think about it. If voters truly cared about policy debates, Clinton would have gotten 90% of the vote in 2016.

Democrats care about policy and being made to look clueless on policy will make a candidate look far less attractive. You can't just flash a nice smile, lob a few racial slurs, and walk away with the nomination, we're not republicans. I didn't like Hillary at all but she was far from an intellectual lightweight and she wouldn't have won the nomination if she was. I don't think Biden has a shot at the nomination.I rant you that the general is a different beat but Trump isn't some invincible behemoth and we have some candidates than can hold their own with him on a debate stage. I gotta ask, do you still honestly think we can win this or have you already resigned yourself to 4 years of Trump? You seem more pessimistic on this whole thing than I'm used to.

36 minutes ago, oldschool said:

You’re probably right. 

On 3/18/2019 at 9:34 AM, Legaltitan said:

Nothing that has happened recently has made me think this, so I am not reacting. I actually thought of posting  this last week.

I am calling my shot again: if it is Biden vs. Trump in a 1 on 1 match-up, Trump will win a second term.

Biden is the only candidate in the current field that beats Trump per recent polling. O’Rourke only ties him. 

I read a Politico article yesterday with Trump insiders as a source saying that he asks about Biden regularly, to which his advisors respond that Dems will nominate someone else so he doesn’t have to worry.

According to another recent Politico report, Trump’s camp is worried most about Biden and O’Rourke.

Biden is literally the most likely to beat Trump any way you look at it. Today an NBC poll came out that millenials support Biden over all other candidates including Sanders. Young black voters also support him over even the black candidates. 

Not sure how it makes an iota of sense to say that Trump could beat Biden moreso than other candidates. His likability nationally is enormously high according to all available polling. 

Clyburn from South Carolina is a Biden ally and Biden has incredible sway in that state. 

Even if he were to lose Iowa and/or NH, he’ll win SC handily most likely and go on a real run. 

Edited by tgo