Finch back at practice

freakingeek

Rak and Mariota didn't practice. Mariota listed as neck and foot injuries. Did I mess the foot injury? Sharpe was limited and Finch a full participant (good news).

https://www.titansonline.com/news/wednesday-s-quick-hits-qb-blaine-gabbert-prepares-for-colts-defense-wants-to-mak

This Sunday is a game that we'll need Evans and Landry to step up and play well and get Luck out of the pocket. Jayon Brown as well. TY killed us last game. I'd love to see the defense rise to the occasion play a slobberknocker of a game. It will probably take complimentary football to win this one.  And of course it would help if Henry continues his hot streak but I suspect the Colts will sell out to stop the run. Indy's secondary doesn't get tested enough because the defensive front is really playing so well. Maybe Davis and Taylor will make the most of their opportunities.

Getting Finch back is big. Sounds ridiculous to say for an UDFA but right now I'd say he's our 2nd best edge rusher after Landry, whose really coming on. 

Actually Morgan has had a very nice last 2 games, I've been pleasantly surprised. I think he's actually rushed a bit from the interior to.

17 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Contain the edges on the Colts quick screens and don’t let Hilton beat you deep. Do that and they become a pretty bland offense.

Way oversimplified. They have a dominant OL & multiple TE's with different skill sets. They also have a nice pair of backs that do different things. It's a very good offense that can beat you in multiple ways.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

Way oversimplified. They have a dominant OL & multiple TE's with different skill sets. They also have a nice pair of backs that do different things. It's a very good offense that can beat you in multiple ways.

True however Doyle is on IR and Ebron isnt practicing after leaving the game last week. They arent the same offense without the TEs.

30 minutes ago, oldschool said:

True however Doyle is on IR and Ebron isnt practicing after leaving the game last week. They arent the same offense without the TEs.

I didn't know about Ebron, that helps. 

Their offense is pretty unique. I'd be curious to see how many guys they keep in to block per down, if it's more max protect oriented like we did under Mularkey or if they mostly send out 5. Because I've seen so many plays where Luck has all day in the pocket & then hits TE's who are just wide open 20-30 yards downfield. If they're consistently sending out 5 & giving him that much protection, then the OL is even better then I thought. 

Remember when Warmack was supposed to be the "best guard to come out in at least a decade"? When Gil Brandt called him an all time prospect & I believe (laughably) compared him to Larry Allen? Well, this year all the same shit was being said about Quentin Nelson, except they were right this time, unfortunately. He's been absolutely dominant the last month or so & looks like the next Steve Hutchinson. There will never be another Larry Allen though IMO.

Archived