Over The Titans Past 20 Seasons Name Some Of YOUR Favorite Games/Moments

MIKE75

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

My favorite moment is the point of the game in a game that means something where it becomes obvious that the Titans are going to win.

They all feel the same if they’re still important games.  

Total wins over the past 20 seasons (1999-2018)

1- New England- 231 wins

2- Pittsburgh- 202 wins

3- Indianapolis- 201 wins

4- Green Bay- 191 wins

5- Philadelphia- 184 wins

6- Baltimore- 183 wins

7- Denver- 181 wins

8- Seattle- 178 wins

9- New Orleans- 171 wins

10- Dallas- 166 wins

11- Tennessee- 164 wins

Same here, i like that feeling as well since i first started watching Titans football in September of '99 when we won our first game 36-35 over Cincinnati all the way up until our most recent win 25-16 over Washington our 164th victory.

Bulluck's 2007 game at New Orleans he was Mr Monday Night with 3 interceptions and we won 31-14.

Vince Young's 99 yard walk off game winning drive in 2008 vs Arizona 20-17

McNair's comeback win in OT December 2002 at the NY Giants score 32-29

In a two week stretch before Xmas 2004 QB Billy Volek over 2 games throws for 918 yards and 8 TD's and Volek sets a new record for the most passing yards over a 2 game stretch vs Raiders/Chiefs.

Our Sept 2012 wild OT game win,44-41 vs Detroit there were 46 points scored in the 4th quarter alone.

4 years later in Sept 2016 another close win vs Lions, Mariota to Andre Johnson game winner 16-15 final.

Nov. 2011 at Carolina we beat Cam Newton and Panthers 30-3 no excess celebration by Cam that day.

Our 20-15 win last December over Jax to go to playoffs.

Our playoff comeback win at Arrowhead 22-21 over Kansas City.

The Nedney FG that hits the 'mark' and we win AFC Playoffs over Steelers in 2002.

A couple Vince Young memories are favorites just because of circumstances.

When he beat the Giants, I was flying back to NYC via jetBlue.  Lots of folks coming back from their families with the game on.  Most appeared to be Giants fans.

When Vince beat the Cardinals was meeting my parents in Boston.  Watched the last drive in the hotel room with my mom.  She's a loud fan, was cheering the last TD in the room.

Worst was The Comeback.  Scrounged a TV for my bedroom and excitedly witnessed the Oilers meltdown.  So excited, so disappointing.

3 minutes ago, patsplat said:

A couple Vince Young memories are favorites just because of circumstances.

When he beat the Giants, I was flying back to NYC via jetBlue.  Lots of folks coming back from their families with the game on.  Most appeared to be Giants fans.

When Vince beat the Cardinals was meeting my parents in Boston.  Watched the last drive in the hotel room with my mom.  She's a loud fan, was cheering the last TD in the room.

Worst was The Comeback.  Scrounged a TV for my bedroom and excitedly witnessed the Oilers meltdown.  So excited, so disappointing.

Hey Touched, did Santa leave you any kind of plastic to fuck under the tree this year since a pony was out of the question? 

• 2 weeks later...

Beating the Ravens in the playoffs in Baltimore and Eddie George gets his revenge on Ray L. 

The playoff game with Pittsburgh when Nedney flopped and then hit the game winner

Beating Jacksonville for the 3rd time in 99 on their homefield to win the AFC and the right to play in the SuperBowl.

Beating New England like a drum this year

The comeback in frigid conditions  to beat KC on the road in the playoffs in 2017

And of course the grand daddy of them all...The Music City Miracle

Edited by freakingeek

Titans had a great run of exciting and noteworthy games in the latter half of the 2006 season.

Week 10 - Ravens@Titans:  the 2-7 Titans face a heavily favored Ravens team led by Steve McNair.  The Titans take it down to the wire, only to lose on the game’s final play when the potential game-winning FG is blocked.  

Week 11 - Giants@Titans:  Titans trail  21-0 in the 4th quarter.  In the game’s final ten minutes, Vince Young puts up 250+ yards of offense with 3 TDs, while Pacman Jones has two INTS and a huge punt return.  Titans win 24-21.

Week 12 - Colts@Titans:   Rob Bironas kicks a 60-yard FG as the clock expires to beat the Manning-led Colts 20-17.  I believe this was the Titans’ first win over the Colts since the division realignment. 

Week 13 - Titans@Texans...instant classic:  in VY’s much-anticipated return to his hometown,  he has a 39-yard TD run in OT to beat the Texans 26-20.

Week 14 - Jags@Titans:    with less than 100 yards of total offense, the Titans get  three touchdowns from the defense  (Pacman Jones, Chris Hope, Cortland Finnegan) to beat the Jags 24-17.

week 15 -  Titans@Bills:  down by two scores in the fourth quarter, the Titans manufacture another remarkable comeback for a 30-29 win.

week 16 - Patriots@Titans:  With a playoff berth on the line, the Titans keep it close and trail 26-23 in the fourth quarter...but give up 14 points in the final six minutes to lose 40-23.

It wasn’t all great, but it was definitely  an exciting run. 

Putting everything into perspective i think the Tennessee Titans in their first 20 years 1999 thru 2018 did a fantastic job.

*Titans won 164 games and were just 4 games from cracking the top 10 in wins overall in the first 20 seasons as Dallas was 10th with 168 wins.

*Pats,Colts,Steelers,Packers,Eagles,Ravens,Broncos,Seahawks,Saints,Cowboys,Chargers,Vikings are the only teams with more wins than the Titans from 1999-2018!!

*Titans had playoff victories over the Colts,Ravens,Steelers,Chiefs,Bills,Jaguars over the first 20 seasons and made the postseason on 7 different occassions in 20 years that included playing in several wild cards and divisional playoff games,2 AFC Championship games,winning 1 AFC Championship and playing in 1 Super Bowl.

*Titans had 10 winning seasons including.... three seperate 13 win seasons,a 12 win season,a 11 win season,a 10 win season and four seperate 9 win seasons had several opportunities to win a Super Bowl including....

*'99 when they played in a Super Bowl,in '00 they had NFL best record lost in divisional,in '02 they played in AFC Championship,'03 a Bennett completion from another AFC Championship game,'08 had NFL best record lost in divisional,'17 were one win away from playing in another AFC Championship game.

*Had 2 NFL Rookie of the Year winners Jevon Kearse,Vince Young and an NFL MVP Steve McNair.

*A 2,000 yard rusher (Chris Johnson) who set all kinds of NFL records including setting a new record for all purpose total yardage gained in a season 2,509 yards that still stands as well as having 6 runs over 80+ yards a record no one has broke and his shoes went to the Hall of Fame,Gained 90,60 & 50 yard TD run all in 1 game. 6 straight 125+ yard games broke Jim Brown mark.

*The first 100 million dollar defensive lineman in Albert Haynesworth who had one of the most dominant 2 years ever for a defender.

*Keith Bulluck most likely the only NFL defender to intercept Drew Brees 3 times in one game on Monday Night Football leading to Bulluck being called Mr. Monday Night

*Jevon Kearse in 1999 who set the sack record for a rookie.....

*Backup QB Billy Volek has the most passing yards in NFL history over 2 games passing for over 920 yards in December 2004.

*FG kicker Rob Bironas in 2007 set a new NFL record when he made 8 FG in one game a record that still stands. Lets not forgot that Bironas also made a 60 yard kick as time expired vs the Colts to win.

*Mariota has a better passer rating(106.4) in Primetime games since 2000 than Peyton Manning,Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers,Russell Wilson,Drew Brees.

*In his short career Mariota has beaten Tom Brady,Aaron Rodgers,Russell Wilson,Drew Brees,etc.

*GM Jon Robinson made a splash in 2016 trading the top pick in the draft to the Rams who trade a boatload of picks back to Tennessee.

*GM Jon Robinson and QB Marcus Mariota both responsible for helping the Titans achieve 3 straight winning seasons.

*QB Marcus Mariota helps Titans win in biggest playoff road comeback in NFL history vs Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium the loudest hardest stadium to play in and also has the most comeback wins in 2017/2018 with 8.

*Only 4 NFL quarterbacks have recently led their teams to three straight winning seasons: Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson and Marcus Mariota.

Edited by MIKE75