Going to the fucking game!

helimachoptor

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coming from Ireland, got me some free tickets.  Where's the party at!

I’m going too my man!   I lived in Boston my whole life and heard these cocky pathetic fans way tooo much! They need me in the locker room before and I’ll get them all hyped up

Booked my flight last night. 

23 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

That's what I figured, but I wonder what the chances of getting one are after the surge if we went to a local bar and waited for traffic to clear. I know there are a few 24hr taxes around as well.

We just did that for the Rose Bowl game and we had to go to LAX it went from 100.00 to 26.00 after about 4 or 5 hours after the game.  So that could be a good bet. The difference was the Rose Bowl started at 2pm not 8pm :( but I bet as traffic clears out you will be good.

22 minutes ago, oldschool said:

CTM... not only a millionaire but also a playa!

LOL....if you've been there then you know.  There's a reason Brady, Kerry, Kissinger, etc. live in Back Bay.  5 star.

And if you know the history, it's fascinating.  The entire area is built on a century's old land fill.

29 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

That's what I figured, but I wonder what the chances of getting one are after the surge if we went to a local bar and waited for traffic to clear. I know there are a few 24hr taxes around as well.

Some friends of mine were in East Nashville for New Year's Eve.    They were getting ready to leave around 1:00 AM, and people were telling them that Ubers were going for $300.  My buddy figured they had to be drunk and/or crazy....but he pulled up the app, and sure enough:  $300.  He couldn't believe it.

He waited 20-30 minutes and checked again....$30.     Done.

Got it off work. I think I’m gonna go ahead and pull the trigger. I’m basically going in blind though. I’ve only briefly been in Boston. Where would the best place to stay be? Somewhere in between Boston and Foxborough would be ideal. I’m also going on my own so hoping to meet some titans fans

2 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Got it off work. I think I’m gonna go ahead and pull the trigger. I’m basically going in blind though. I’ve only briefly been in Boston. Where would the best place to stay be? Somewhere in between Boston and Foxborough would be ideal. I’m also going on my own so hoping to meet some titans fans

Hey man, we've managed to get a babysitter for the weekend so im bringing the wife. 

We're going friday and staying now til tuesday evening, but if you want to get a few beers Friday or even meet up at the game (we'll be getting the Patriot train out) let me know.

I tweeted Wyatt and he said there's no party like last Fridays yet but one will likely be organised 

2 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

If you're flying into Providence you're better off staying somewhere like Warwick, RI, which is where the airport is.  Plenty of hotels there and the area is fine.  It's about a half hour from there to the stadium.

If you're flying into Boston I'd say look at somewhere like Norwood or Dedham.  Both areas are fine and you won't have to pay Boston hotel prices.  That's only about 15 minutes to the stadium if you're right off 95.

7 minutes ago, helimachoptor said:

Hey man, we've managed to get a babysitter for the weekend so im bringing the wife. 

We're going friday and staying now til tuesday evening, but if you want to get a few beers Friday or even meet up at the game (we'll be getting the Patriot train out) let me know.

I tweeted Wyatt and he said there's no party like last Fridays yet but one will likely be organised 

I'm not sure if you're renting a car but if you're not (you indicated you're flying into Providence) there is a train that goes from the airport into downtown Boston.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I'm not sure if you're renting a car but if you're not (you indicated you're flying into Providence) there is a train that goes from the airport into downtown Boston.

yeah, but need to get to the station, it may be easier to get the bus but will decide in the next day or so 

1 minute ago, helimachoptor said:

yeah, but need to get to the station, it may be easier to get the bus but will decide in the next day or so 

You should be able to go directly from the airport to the train.  

Edited by scine09

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

If you're flying into Providence you're better off staying somewhere like Warwick, RI, which is where the airport is.  Plenty of hotels there and the area is fine.  It's about a half hour from there to the stadium.

If you're flying into Boston I'd say look at somewhere like Norwood or Dedham.  Both areas are fine and you won't have to pay Boston hotel prices.  That's only about 15 minutes to the stadium if you're right off 95.

I was checking out hotels in downtown Boston yesterday. 4 stars right by Boston Commons was $250 for two nights. Compared to Nashville that's cheap.

Just now, freakingeek said:

I was checking out hotels in downtown Boston yesterday. 4 stars right by Boston Commons was $250 for two nights. Compared to Nashville that's cheap.

Wow not bad.  If you're renting a car though it's a pain in the ass.  You're better off staying closer to the stadium.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Wow not bad.  If you're renting a car though it's a pain in the ass.  You're better off staying closer to the stadium.

Not thinking about renting but either taking the train or some other guys in this thread said they were chartering a bus for $35 a piece.

13 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I stayed at the Park Plaza, which is 1 block from the public garden and 2 blocks from the Commons, last time I was there because it is ultra convenient for all things downtown. I recommend it.

https://www.bostonparkplaza.com/