2017 Titans Report Dynasty League

Cyrus

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So when does @oldschool officially change his team name to the Browns?

No way. We are close to seeing Jamal and Wisco posting pictures of themselves!

I was only talking about this season. I think you've made good moves even if you talk about your team like Jon Gruden talking about any QB. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

lets play a game. 1st person to reply can have my pick no strings attached.... ready set go!

I think no one has officially replied yet, so this should count.

I seriously think you should be kicked out of the league.  Here is why:

What consistently makes a league fun?  The likely universal answer is activity level.  Active leagues, where all players are involved in drafts, waiver pickups, and setting weekly line-ups as well as frequently trading are ideally fun leagues. Leagues where people do not attend drafts, leave bye-week player on their line-ups, ignore waiver periods, rarely trade are not fun leagues.  What you are doing with this draft is worse than the latter because you are forcing everyone to not be active at this point in time. 

If one has problems and can not be responsive in the rookie draft, that is fine.  Or if one really has a hard time making a decision, others should be patient to a limit. But again, you are actively mocking this draft and holding it up over days. At a minimum, I think the commissioner should strip you of your two 3rd round picks (that you are refusing to make), and with many on this overall board wanting to join this league, I think consideration for kicking you out should be made. 

Do I get the pick?

Edited by 9 Nines

Just now, 9 Nines said:

I think no one has replied yet, so this should count.

What consistently make a league fun?  The likely universal answer is activity level.  Active leagues, where people are active in drafts, waiver pickups, and setting weekly line-ups and leagues with constructive responses on trades are ideally fun leagues.  Leagues were people do not attend drafts, leave bye-week player on their line-ups, ignore waiver periods, rarely trade are not fun leagues.

If one has problems and can not be responsive in the rookie draft, that is fine.  Or if one really has a hard time making a decision, others should be patient to a limit. But you are actively mocking this draft and holding up over days.  That is behavior resembling the not fun leagues, polar to active and fun leagues.

So at a minimum, I think the commissioner should strip you of your two 3rd picks that you are refusing to make, and with many on the baord wanting to join this league, I think consideration for kicking you out should be made. 

Do I get the pick?

Nope but you just bought me another 24 hours. The league thanks you. In all seriousness I'm proving a point to you. It's an email/thread draft. They are designed to take days or even weeks. If you want the instant gratification associated with a live draft ask Cyrus to change it. I'll gladly make myself  available for the 1 hour such a format would require. Until then, settle the fuck down weirdo.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

I'll trade the next draft pick for any player in the top 150 of this expert ranking:

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/15698900/mike-clay-top-240-dynasty-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl

If you have time, do a lookup table with all our teams and see which has the lowest score. 

Edited by 9 Nines

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Nope but you just bought me another 24 hours. The league thanks you. In all seriousness I'm proving a point to you. It's an email/thread draft. They are designed to take days or even weeks. If you want the instant gratification associated with a live draft ask Cyrus to change it. I'll gladly make myself  available for the 1 hour such a format would require. Until then, settle the fuck down weirdo.

While I agree with the idea of patience, now that OTAs are starting it is BS to sit on picks for days (just for the sake of sitting on picks) in the unlikely event that something major changes

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

obviously it was a joke although it was pretty damn funny to see Jamal jump on it. Don't you have some UMD tail to chase? 

Staying away from campus, don't want to be stabbed! 

1 hour ago, 9 Nines said:

I think no one has officially replied yet, so this should count.

What consistently makes a league fun?  The likely universal answer is activity level.  Active leagues, where all players are involved in drafts, waiver pickups, and setting weekly line-ups as well as frequently trading are ideally fun leagues. Leagues where people do not attend drafts, leave bye-week player on their line-ups, ignore waiver periods, rarely trade are not fun leagues.  What you are doing with this draft is worse than the latter because you are forcing everyone to not be active at this point in time. 

If one has problems and can not be responsive in the rookie draft, that is fine.  Or if one really has a hard time making a decision, others should be patient to a limit. But again, you are actively mocking this draft and holding it up over days. At a minimum, I think the commissioner should strip you of your two 3rd round picks (that you are refusing to make), and with many on this overall board wanting to join this league, I think consideration for kicking you out should be made. 

Do I get the pick?

You have to chill too, though. While I've also been critical of oldschool when it feels like he is taking time just to take time or because these drafts "are supposed to take a long time" (which I disagree with)--he is right in that these drafts do afford us the luxury to have time to make the picks around our lives and not the other way around. 

It's one thing to give him grief, but no one should really expect him to make picks or be active during work hours. 

That said, there's a difference between needing and wanting the time and clearly communicating that and coming across as punitive because you believe this draft should be intentionally drawn out.

Oldschool  comes across as self important and smug (you've bought yourself another 24 hours, I'm proving a point to you comes off like a petulant, lecturing dad). This is why you taking more times rubs folks the wrong way--more so than actually taking the time itself. 

59 minutes ago, Bink said:

You have to chill too, though. While I've also been critical of oldschool when it feels like he is taking time just to take time or because these drafts "are supposed to take a long time" (which I disagree with)--he is right in that these drafts do afford us the luxury to have time to make the picks around our lives and not the other way around. 

It's one thing to give him grief, but no one should really expect him to make picks or be active during work hours. 

That said, there's a difference between needing and wanting the time and clearly communicating that and coming across as punitive because you believe this draft should be intentionally drawn out.

Oldschool  comes across as self important and smug (you've bought yourself another 24 hours, I'm proving a point to you comes off like a petulant, lecturing dad). This is why you taking more times rubs folks the wrong way--more so than actually taking the time itself. 

I told you I'm incredibly busy at the moment so this isn't remotely a priority. I will make the picks when I have time which will be in next day or so.

1 hour ago, Bink said:

Of course it is... Both sets of his picks have been a fuck you to the draft. I couldn't care less if he was busy but it's been as blatant as you can get, even starting with the first three picks he dragged that out for a few hours just to drag it out.

As you said, the idea that the draft is SUPPOSED to take long is retarded. It's just not supposed to be the priority in your life but he clearly has made jokes about (and has) dragged his picks out simply to be a dick and nothing more.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I told you I'm incredibly busy at the moment so this isn't remotely a priority. I will make the picks when I have time which will be in next day or so.

Yeah man, I support you there. I don't think you should rush it. If that's the case though, that's all you have to say. 

6 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Of course it is... Both sets of his picks have been a fuck you to the draft. I couldn't care less if he was busy but it's been as blatant as you can get, even starting with the first three picks he dragged that out for a few hours just to drag it out.

As you said, the idea that the draft is SUPPOSED to take long is retarded. It's just not supposed to be the priority in your life but he clearly has made jokes about (and has) dragged his picks out simply to be a dick and nothing more.

To be fair, I think some off this egging on isn't helping and like calling for him to thrown out of the league is just as self-righteous and troll worthy. 

43 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If you think I actually delayed making picks to be punitive you take yourself way too seriously. I work insane hours and have two little kids. If it takes me a few days to find the time to research picks so be it.

@CyrusI've traded for the next two picks.

I acquire picks 27 & 28 from @oldschoolfor my 3rd next year and a swap of his 2nd round with my latest pick that's before it... so if my 2nd is before his then we swap those... but if my 2nd is after his then I swap my latest 1st (I have mine and Guru's) for his 2nd.

@9 Nines @NashvilleNinja(or anyone else)

You've both expressed interest in trading for picks recently. I suspect I'm not going to trade these but I'm going to drive home here in a second, so anyone really wanting me to consider something you have probably an hour before I lock in on the picks. I won't delay beyond that unless I'm negotiating (or my wife gives me the stink eye).