IrishTitansFan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess now we know we're a legit SEC team

Allegedly involved in sex crimes. Please don't be Jordan Matthews, Please don't be Jordan Matthews, Please don't be Jordan Matthews, Please don't be Jordan Matthews  http://espn.go.com/college-footba

The media is ripping the school for they way they handled it. Apparrently Vandy knew it was coming based on information about they had about tthe crime and didn't suspend the players until local media

Updated this morning that the four have been dismissed.  No names yet.

http://www.vucommodores.com/genrel/062913aaa.html

Unfortunate that whatever happened, (might have - under investigation) happened, but glad the school hasn't changed enough that it has developed a tolerance for this sort of thing.  The type of tolerance that has long traditions at many SEC programs

Not making light of the situation, but if I had read about student-athletes perpetrating sex crimes when I went there during the AIDS-scared 80's, I would have assumed that meant they had sex.  Like, any sex.

They sold a shirt at the campus book store that actually read:

"Sex Kills

Come to Vanderbilt and Live Forever"

The media is ripping the school for they way they handled it. Apparrently Vandy knew it was coming based on information about they had about tthe crime and didn't suspend the players until local media sniffed it out and began asking questions at Metro Police Dept. Then released the players at 6:00 am  only when it became inevitable that it was going to become necessary  due the the charges. Still no word on waht actually happened which people say is giving time for Vandy to do damage control. That said I really don't get the felling that Mathews is that kind of player. Seems lik a good kid thats very focused. If it come out that he's involved, I'll eat my helping of crow

it could have something to do with the ongoing investigation. Believe me, Franklin wants to put it behind him quickly. I'm sure Vandy doesn't want to end up like Duke did with the Lacrosse team. The fact they kicked them out of school is pretty damning though.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130715/NEWS03/307150059/Vanderbilt-names-football-players-booted-from-team-amid-sex-crimes-investigation

The four have been named.  Not what you'd call core players, though one would have been the likely starting TE - a position where they are especially weak.  Another would probably have been a dime package DB as a redshirt freshman and starter down the road.

Still no word of course about what happened.  Amazed they've kept a lid on these guys names until now.