Mike Keith - The Moon Pie King

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moon pies suck

They have this in Bell Buckle every year.  It's always hot as hell.  You see bunches of people walking eating a Moon Pie and drinking a RC Cola.  The bottle will be frosted, makes you want one like yo

I've always said soda, especially Pepsi or Coke, is so dependent taste wise on A)what food you drink it with, if you are eating. And more importantly, B)what you drink it out of. A can or glass bottle

They have this in Bell Buckle every year.  It's always hot as hell.  You see bunches of people walking eating a Moon Pie and drinking a RC Cola.  The bottle will be frosted, makes you want one like you're in the desert.  Ambrosia.  Meal for a king.

They have a bigger festival in the fall.  The third weekend in Oct.  It's one of the largest TN Festivals.  If you have someone you want to take somewhere, women love this one.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

What the heck is a Moon Pie? It looks like it's commercially mass-produced but I have never even heard of that.

They're sorta like whoopie pies, but use graham cracker-like cookies instead the whoopie's more cake-like cookies. Moon pies also use marshmallow filling instead of cream filling. Moon Pies are also dipped in various flavor coatings like vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, etc.

https://moonpie.com

Kinda odd you've never heard of them. They originated from a bakery in Chattanooga so of course they're more prominent in the south, but still... they're kinda famous all over.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

On 6/17/2018 at 2:38 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

Idk wtf people like pairing moon pies with RC colas. They taste like shit together. Coffee, milk, or tea would be far better pairings.

I've always said soda, especially Pepsi or Coke, is so dependent taste wise on A)what food you drink it with, if you are eating. And more importantly, B)what you drink it out of. A can or glass bottle kills a plastic 20 oz bottle. The hands down best though is a solo cup. A cauldron of soda in a solo cup with a shit ton of ice is the shit...

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Kinda odd you've never heard of them.

I'm guessing he ain't never lived in a trailer park either.  

Moon Pie = Whoopie Pie  is an insult to the Whoopie Pie.

20 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Moon Pies themselves are great. RC Colas themselves are great. Moon Pies with RC Cola suck.

RC tastes like flat coca cola. Not great at all.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

They're sorta like whoopie pies, but use graham cracker-like cookies instead the whoopie's more cake-like cookies. Moon pies also use marshmallow filling instead of cream filling. Moon Pies are also dipped in various flavor coatings like vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, etc.

https://moonpie.com

Kinda odd you've never heard of them. They originated from a bakery in Chattanooga so of course they're more prominent in the south, but still... they're kinda famous all over.

Honestly, I've never even heard of a Whoopie Pie either lol

25 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I'm guessing he ain't never lived in a trailer park either.  

Moon Pie = Whoopie Pie  is an insult to the Whoopie Pie.

It's called a likeness comparison, not an insult to your existence or your taste buds.